CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» RIP - Mission 9: Tunnel of Light - 2001-2011
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Haida Gwaii
Haida Gwaii:  [?] . The first nations name for the Queen Charlotte Islands and the homelands of the Haida people. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» RIP - Mission 9: Tunnel of Light - 2001-2011
toplefttopfilltopright
RIP - Mission 9: Tunnel of Light - 2001-2011
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: RIP - Mission 9: Tunnel of Light - 2001-2011 Reply with quote

Now I feel really bad about not going to grab this one during Geowoodstock last year! Crying or Very sad

www.geocaching.com/see...?wp=GC1169
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP - Mission 9: Tunnel of Light - 2001-2011 Reply with quote

What a shame! Sorry you never got to find it, Ted.
grafinator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP - Mission 9: Tunnel of Light - 2001-2011 Reply with quote

Guess it is time to visit Brazil.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP - Mission 9: Tunnel of Light - 2001-2011 Reply with quote

That's terrible that someone's stolen the cache! Who would have the nerve to do so!!! Yuck It's unfortunate that none of us who haven't found it won't have a chance to do so now.

Oh, and MaliBooBoo, I like your new profile pic... Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP - Mission 9: Tunnel of Light - 2001-2011 Reply with quote

Glad I got this one last year, even if it was the hike instead of the tunnel.

But... Lightbulb

New Planet of the Apes movie this summer... New series of caches!?! Laughing
titelines

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: RIP - Mission 9: Tunnel of Light - 2001-2011 Reply with quote

We were fortunate enough to get this one a few years ago on snowshoes. Sad it's gone Sad
savant9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP - Mission 9: Tunnel of Light - 2001-2011 Reply with quote

Yah I didn't get to log that one either, I knew I should have got my passport sooner. Smack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP - Mission 9: Tunnel of Light - 2001-2011 Reply with quote

This was an awesome cache, the hike up from the back side was a long one. Would have loved to go thru the tunnel. Got it before going to Geowoodstock. Jester

MsChief-Gps_y

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP - Mission 9: Tunnel of Light - 2001-2011 Reply with quote

R.I.P indeed.
Tragic that there are those who would vandalize any cache, never mind this one. With this 3rd vandalism in a year where this time the whole chained container was removed I can sadly understand Groundspeak's position.

A bunch of us locals and Spuchtfink went down in Sept 2007, going thru the Tunnel of Light. It was wonderful in every way. I did it on a fractured ankle having removed the cast for the day. Even in nice weather it's cold in that long tunnel. At the end, as the others exited the tunnel, I stayed behind in the tunnel all by myself in the dark, the only sound the condensation drips falling. Have some wonderful photo's. One of the most memorable caches I've done for the siting, the tunnel and the terrific caching companions. Gearhedd surprised us, donning an Ape mask he brought along which made the de rigeur photo's even more fun! And LoveBugs brought their Gold APE coin to 'discover' at the cache, along with the coin welded to the lid. The only time I was forced, but happy, to 'discover' coins. lol

I am hoping to go again using the Annette Trail just for the fun of it. Even with the APE cache gone it's a marvellous place.

Looking forward to what Groundspeak comes up with in lieu of replacing it. They are caught between a rock and a hard place with this one. And not everyone knows the backstory. Would love to be the proverbial fly on the wall listening to this discussion.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: RIP - Mission 9: Tunnel of Light - 2001-2011 Reply with quote

very very sad indeed, was at the top of my want to do list
The Stainless Steel Rat
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1