After hearing your feedback we have some up with the plan for this year’s Blitz. Here are the details.
The theme this year is simply THANKS. No matter what we write in our logs, a common theme tends to be TFTC or Thanks for the Cache. So let’s make our thanks specific to that which you enjoyed about the Blitz cache.
We have 10 categories this year. Cache finders are free to cast a vote for any of the following:
Thanks for making the future now.
- Geocache placed by an active geocacher under 19
Thanks for bringing me here.
- Visit to a previously unknown location, view, place etc
Thanks for letting me know about this.
- Geocache placed to highlight history, environmental, local information etc
Thanks for the exercise (physical).
- Geocache placed with a several kilometre hike, with a higher terrain rating
Thanks for the exercise (mental).
- Geocache with puzzle or camouflage that made it a bit of a thinker
Thanks for the laugh.
- Geocache placed with amusement or humour in mind
Thanks for the WOW!
- A find that impressed you for whatever reason
Thanks but I wish I'd thought of that!
- Geocache, puzzle or camouflaged never seen before (by the voter) which seems unique
Thanks for the small series (less than 8 in the series)
- Geocaches placed as part of a small series are counted as one series
(Note we have no category for large series)
Thanks for the creativity
- Creative geocache, but not necessarily a new idea. Perhaps a twist on an existing idea
When submitting your cache for the Blitz between May 15th and July 3rd, make sure you include “B11:” before the title of the cache so we can include it in the voting for the Blitz.
We will include a voting button and code so you can add it to your cache page. It will link to the voting page for your cache.
The top three votes per find in each category will win a nomination medal and enter into the draw for the final prize. We will conduct the draw for all 10 categories at each of the seven regions’ Blitz Wrap Up Events. Of course you do not have to attend to claim your prize, but who would want to miss out on that fun? We do anticipate that not every region will have 3 placements in every category.
You can vote up until August 2nd. After this date, a team of mathematicians will feverishly produce the nomination list and write up the names into the film canister draw to make it available at the final events. So this year the Blitz requires both a healthy dose of creativity and chance.
The BCGA is very excited for this year’s Blitz. We want to see what ideas BC geocachers have and we want to see people out there placing and finding geocaches. Geocaching is already fun but the 2011 Blitz promises to make it even more fun!
Back to top full article