CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Visiting Vancouver
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Ghost Towns
Ghost Towns:  [?] . Hedely [M | C]  Anyox [M | C]  Bradian [M | C]  Butedale [M | C]  Sandon [M | C]  Cody [M | C]  Kitsault [M | C]  Moyie [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Visiting Vancouver
toplefttopfilltopright
Visiting Vancouver
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
graciious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Visiting Vancouver Reply with quote

So following in the footsteps of Magicman65. My wife and I are coming to Vancouver in May 2011. We will arrive on the 15th and probably stay until the 22nd. I don't have a problem caching on my own, but would be open to meeting a few cachers during my visit.

My wife is there on work, so she would be in confrences throughout the day and likely team dinners in the evening leaving me plenty of time to be on my own.

I would like to get out and find some caches off the beaten path, but don't want to do to much outside the city on my own. I will not be renting a car so public transit will be important. Anyone interested in a get together let me know.

If you can think of a puzzle, multi or traditional that's a must do in the city please feel free to let me know. If there is a common place for events or drinks after long days of caching I would be open to hosting an event, which always attracts more cachers.

graciious (Jamie)
Magicman65

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Visiting Vancouver Reply with quote

Hey Jamie,
If you are coming to the Island at all, let me know and I would be happy to take you caching. It was a great experience for us and would gladly do it for another fellow cacher. We have a cacher coming from Vancouver this weekend to do some caches here, but unfortunately I will be busy.

Chris

PS Where are you coming from??

graciious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Visiting Vancouver Reply with quote

Hey, we're coming from Ottawa. So it's not too far away. I am planning on renting a car for one of my days so I can swing down to Washington and go do the APE cache. I would be happy to come over to the island it's only a couple hours away and would be just another place I have cached.

The trip is not going be confirmed with my wifes office until April so my message was premature. I thought it was all a go but apparently I have to wait to know for sure.

I am still planning it out though, just in case.
Magicman65

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Visiting Vancouver Reply with quote

Hi Jamie,

keep me posted, when you know the dates for sure!!!
We(Angelcheeks, Coast2coast2coast, Tobyandme, and I) went to the APE cache last year when we went down to Geowoodstock VIII. It is an awesome cache and a nice hike with other caches on the way.

Chris (magicman65)

doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Visiting Vancouver Reply with quote

The UBC campus has some beautiful rainforest park area around it, and it is very accessible by transit. BC's oldest cache (and Canada's 4th oldest, I believe, is there: Treehugger

Also, you can't go wrong with Stanley Park, except that it will be full of muggles.
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Visiting Vancouver Reply with quote

Also check out the two jettys just to the north of the airport itself. Flat, beautiful and no where near as muggly as Stanley park (but still busy when the sun's out)
graciious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Visiting Vancouver Reply with quote

Ok. The trip has been confirmed and we'll be arriving in Vancouver on the 15th and departing Vancouver on the 21st of May.

I will be caching by myself for three days(Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) So company would be appreciated, since I received a few messages I will plan accordingly.

One of the caches that I REALLY want to get down and do is the A.P.E Cache near Seattle. I will be renting a car and driving down and back in a single day. One of the biggest problems with caching in another state or province is my wife worries about me. So I will not be able to get to the A.P.E cache alone. I will need at least one other passenger. Of course I am renting the car and covering gas. If you want to join in, the first 3 to respond will get a seat in the car. You just need to cover your own food for the day.

I appreciate anyone's help and look forward to caching with you soon!
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Visiting Vancouver Reply with quote

graciious wrote:
Ok. The trip has been confirmed and we'll be arriving in Vancouver on the 15th and departing Vancouver on the 21st of May.

I will be caching by myself for three days(Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) So company would be appreciated, since I received a few messages I will plan accordingly.

One of the caches that I REALLY want to get down and do is the A.P.E Cache near Seattle. I will be renting a car and driving down and back in a single day. One of the biggest problems with caching in another state or province is my wife worries about me. So I will not be able to get to the A.P.E cache alone. I will need at least one other passenger. Of course I am renting the car and covering gas. If you want to join in, the first 3 to respond will get a seat in the car. You just need to cover your own food for the day.

I appreciate anyone's help and look forward to caching with you soon!

Wow very tempting, but no can do.

I have heard a few things about the APE.

1. the parking area is very bad for car break ins - don't leave anything valuable in the car.

2. the actual tunnel may be reopened - no idea how to check when.

3. the cache itself was vandalized last year, but then repaired. I would really watch the cache page itself.
vanislelady

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Visiting Vancouver Reply with quote

The following event has some info regarding the reopening of the tunnel

Looks like possibly June....(fingers crossed)

GC2Q7MF Going Ape
graciious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Visiting Vancouver Reply with quote

In just 18 days I leave...

Monday the 16th will be free roaming of Vancouver, anyone interested in tagging along would be welcome.

Tuesday the 17th is a full day including GS Head Quarters and A.P.E Cache in WA. Car is rented I would love to have a company of some sort, room for 3 comfortably (4 with a bit of a squish) at the moment.

Wednesday will likely be a late start and more free roaming of Vancouver.

After that I have two days in town with my wife (hop on hop off tour, and shopping (with a cache each day to keep my streak going).

If any one is interested in getting together, let me know.

- graciious
Adventure_Unlimited

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Visiting Vancouver Reply with quote

I might be up for hanging around on the sixteenth, especially if a group comes together.
graciious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Visiting Vancouver Reply with quote

My wife has revised my visit by letting me know I will be on my own for dinner until she is done her conference. This left me room for a night out, and since there wasn't an event planned during my visit I have decided to host one.

I will add the GC Info once (if) it gets listed. It could be a lonely night at the pub if nobody is free, but at least i'll get a smiley.
graciious

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Visiting Vancouver Reply with quote

Here's the link to the event. Hope some more people can make it out. Visiting Vancouver
Magicman65

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Visiting Vancouver Reply with quote

Have an awesome event....sorry I can't be there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1