CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Vancouver Island —» Geocachers on News - Human Remains
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Butedale Cannery
Butedale Cannery:  [?] . Abandoned in the 1950s, folklore surrounds Butedale as its ghostly lights burned into the night for twenty-five years until the hydro generator was finally turned off in the late 1970s. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Vancouver Island —» Geocachers on News - Human Remains
toplefttopfilltopright
Geocachers on News - Human Remains

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Vancouver Island

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Geocachers on News - Human Remains Reply with quote

Global TV reported this morning that some people out geocaching near Nanaimo cam across some human remains, possibly ancient native site. Is there any more scuttlebutt on that?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Geocachers on News - Human Remains Reply with quote

Try this

BC Local News
Cyclepath_Cacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Geocachers on News - Human Remains Reply with quote

After doing a little research on the band name mentioned in the article, I think I have found the cache and cachers. Check GC2CFAJ SpongeBob's New Lagoon. It's on Duke point. I sure hope it was old remains.
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocachers on News - Human Remains Reply with quote

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69NWTHL9K7I

Very odd discovery, unfortunate that the cachers had brought their kids along. Glad to see it was indeed a burial ground and not something more sinister.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Geocachers on News - Human Remains Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the remains are still there? Has the cache been taken from this location? The reason I ask is because we just started geocaching a few days ago, and on our second time out we found a skeleton but I couldn't find a skull and was unable to determine if the bones were human or not. This was in Cedar on Sept 29, 2011
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Geocachers on News - Human Remains Reply with quote

Cache is has been moved nearby, I know that, but I have no clue about the remains.

The bones you found were probably animal, I've found many deer bones while caching. Just a guess though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Vancouver Island
Page 1 of 1