CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» 2011 BC Parks Caches
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
The Giant Hulks of Powell River
The Giant Hulks of Powell River:  [?] . The Powell River Pulp and Paper Company built an unusual breakwater by anchoring a chain of decomissioned war ships. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» 2011 BC Parks Caches
toplefttopfilltopright
2011 BC Parks Caches
Topics will be autocreated here when someone clicks on the "start the discussion" links in news items.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanislelady

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: 2011 BC Parks Caches Reply with quote

I am sure by now many of you have heard that there is going to be a 2011 BC Parks initiative. At this time I have plenty of prospective CO's for Vancouver Island, Lower Mainland, and Central BC.

If you live in Northern BC (East, Central, West) and/or South Central BC and are interested in placing caches in BC Provincial Parks then please contact me at:

kdsharpe@telus.net
HB-vanislelady   full article.
couloir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 BC Parks Caches Reply with quote

BCGA has used the regional representative program for a number of years to coordinate this, but it appears that the current Executive has not implemented this, which is fine if that is the decision, but since we have not yet been contacted, we are not sure how to proceed.
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: 2011 BC Parks Caches Reply with quote

Feeling a little like i missed a boat that i didnt know was sailing here - add me to the list of proscpective CO's for the lower mainland please!
vanislelady

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: 2011 BC Parks Caches Reply with quote

The previous CO's were contacted first to see if they wanted to be included in this years BC Parks hides. If you wish to be included please contact me as requested.

There was no intent for anyone to "miss the boat" so to speak.
vanislelady

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: 2011 BC Parks Caches Reply with quote

couloir wrote:
BCGA has used the regional representative program for a number of years to coordinate this, but it appears that the current Executive has not implemented this, which is fine if that is the decision, but since we have not yet been contacted, we are not sure how to proceed.

We are still getting our feet wet and feeling our way. There was no intent to disregard any Regional reps. However we felt the need to get on this ASAP. Hence, the arrangements for CO/Hiders has already begun
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: 2011 BC Parks Caches Reply with quote

I don't want to be perceived as throwing stones here, but I'm not sure I understand how the logic behind contacting previous CO's preferentially before broadcasting to a wider audience makes sense?

I guess i'd have expected it would have been rolled out with equal opportunities for all (although i'm not sure that makes sense either - a little part of me thinks that if there's an excess of potential CO's stepping up, ones that have been previous participants should go to the back of the line - or go the random route).

If there's a bandwidth constriction with the executive & there are projects you want to see happen but don't have the horsepower to get them going - why not ask for help? I'm sure there are a few capable members willing to step up to drive things for you (i'm certainly willing to myself).
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: 2011 BC Parks Caches Reply with quote

The original co's were contacted and asked as we had the need to contact them anyways in regards to dealing with the 3 year old caches. I was the one who suggested why not invite them to hide some more while asking them to remove the 2008 caches. There is no intent to disregard anyone else from this project and anyone feeling we have is just acting childish in saying so. There is no politics going on here. We are five volunteers just trying to get things done as fast as we can to see things completed in a timely manner so as to avoid the yearly accusations of not getting things done fast enough for some.

Kathy's latest request in the news section is in fact opening up the opportunity to everyone to get involved if they so choose. So instead of making comments on the forum as to how the executive is confusingly handling this project simply email Kathy and offer your assistance in doing a great job as you know how in making this project a complete success.

Once again I plead with you all to support your association rather than question what they are doing and commenting on how they are doing it all wrong,

Regards your VOLUNTEER President,

Kelly Contant
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 BC Parks Caches Reply with quote

The way the hiders were selected is not substantially different than the last 2 BC Parks initiatives other than we went direct to the previous regional cachers. There are 100 caches spread throughout the province so putting it out on the forums is probably not the most efficient way to find hiders. The focus for project is on the finding, not the hiding.

Thanks Chewy06 for volunteering to help out the association with other activities as they come up. If anyone else wants to put themselves on a list of "go to" people as other specific projects come up, please contact any of the executive - we would be thrilled for the help.
couloir

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 BC Parks Caches Reply with quote

I understand the approach chosen better now so I will include the information on a post to the Interior Geocachers website. Good luck with the program.
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 BC Parks Caches Reply with quote

Chewy_06 wrote:
Feeling a little like i missed a boat that i didnt know was sailing here - add me to the list of proscpective CO's for the lower mainland please!

I owe an apology here. When I wrote this, what i was trying to convey was that I (being me) had missed something (of no one's doing other than my own). I wasn't as concise as I should have been and I understand now that my words could have easily been interpreted in a manner that was entirely unintended.

Im very sorry & I hope to be more careful next time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions
Page 1 of 1