CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Retiring of all TEAM KFWB GPS caches. What happened content?
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Before Cell Phones.
Before Cell Phones.:  [?] . Dotted along remote stretches of hiway, there still is the occasional phone booth. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Retiring of all TEAM KFWB GPS caches. What happened content?
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Retiring of all TEAM KFWB GPS caches. What happened content?
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackJack65

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Retiring of all TEAM KFWB GPS caches. What happened content? Reply with quote

Hi,

It seems TEAM KFWB GPS, after finding all of 1 cache in 2003,
has just retired all of their 359 caches.

Are the containers still out there?

If so, what are the plans to retrieve them?

And if they have been brought in,
what will happen to the Travel Bugs and GeoCoins they contained?

I happened to have my TBV6Z8 Mini Generic Geocoin
in their GCJN90 KID COMMANDO CACHE

Can anyone help move it along?

Thanks,

Black
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Retiring of all TEAM KFWB GPS caches. What happened cont Reply with quote

This link is to another thread on the subject.

Wizard of Ooze, a local reviewer for BC, is working on a plan to retrieve or adopt the caches.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Retiring of all TEAM KFWB GPS caches. What happened content? Reply with quote

BlackJack65 wrote:
Hi,

It seems TEAM KFWB GPS, after finding all of 1 cache in 2003,
has just retired all of their 359 caches.

Are the containers still out there?

If so, what are the plans to retrieve them?

And if they have been brought in,
what will happen to the Travel Bugs and GeoCoins they contained?

I happened to have my TBV6Z8 Mini Generic Geocoin
in their GCJN90 KID COMMANDO CACHE

Can anyone help move it along?

Thanks,

Black

I am sure they found more than 1 cache, I believe this was thier team caching name and they had thier own caching name's they would cache under, just like some reviewer's do. We are working with the reveiwer to fix these caches, so as not to leave them stranded. When the caches are either adopted or collected, I would think the TB's and coins will start making thier way again. Again go check out the thread that had already been started for more info.

Chris Yuill (magicman65)
BCGA VP

wizardofooze

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Retiring of all TEAM KFWB GPS caches. What happened cont Reply with quote

We are working on arrangments for cachers who wish to adopt some of these caches to do so by special arrangment with Groundspeak. If you wish to adopt a specific cache, please send me an email:
wiz @ wizardofooze.com with the GC waypoint number and name of the cache -- first come, first served.

You may also use the existing cache container that's at the location to list a new cache under your own name. Doing so will lose all the cache history, however, so adoption would be the way to go if you want to keep the Team's cache history alive.

Please follow the main thread for this subject: bcgeocaching.com/index...pic&t=2253

and visit my blog wizardofooze.com for timely updates. You can also subscribe to my blog feed by clicking the link on my website.

There will also be updates here on the BCGA website with further news.

I'm your friendly local geocache reviewer for BC. If you have questions about placing a geocache, please read the guidelines first! If you still need help, feel free to email me wiz@wizardofooze.com with specific questions or check out my blog and website: www.wizardofooze.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1