CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» ammo cans
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Downtown Vancouver
Downtown Vancouver:  [?] . Coal Harbour near Stanley Park. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» ammo cans
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
ammo cans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: ammo cans Reply with quote

I'm just about ready to place geocaches for a new series. The placement of the caches dictate that I use the most sturdy containers available as I don't want to have to maintain a peanut butter jar every few months.

So, does anyone know where I can buy ammo cans in the Lower Mainland? If anyone wants to sell/donate an ammo can to a very good cause it would be most welcome. **snarfle** I need five to start -- ten in total.

Thanks.
tjguy98

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

I have one you can have - email me off line

CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

I have 2 for you as well if you want them.
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

Oh, thanks guys. I'll email you shortly.
savant9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

If you cant find enough from cachers, scruff, Princess Auto usually has a bunch (at least the Langley store does).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

There used to be an army surplus store in New West just near the Burnaby border on 12th Street (the one Kingsway becomes as it enters New West) and about 4 blocks down (maybe 8th or 6th? Avenue). I haven't been in there for years but they used to have ammo cans.
katcogo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

Hmm . . . do donors get any advance intel or puzzle solving hints???
MsChief-Gps_y

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

The military surplus store is at the s/e corner of 8th Ave and 12 St... what used to be a Bank of Montreal with all it's grilled windows.
I hear there's lots of ammo cans in the woods... maybe you could liberate some of those?!?!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

Ooooh. Thank you for all your suggestions. I will be looking up all those stores within the next week.
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

I went to Dave's at 8th and 12th. They had the smaller Ammo cans nut some were really banged up. I only took the ones that had a good seal. Yep, there are some left but I wouldn't trust them to be 100% waterproof.
IRLPGUY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
I'm just about ready to place geocaches for a new series. The placement of the caches dictate that I use the most sturdy containers available as I don't want to have to maintain a peanut butter jar every few months.

So, does anyone know where I can buy ammo cans in the Lower Mainland? If anyone wants to sell/donate an ammo can to a very good cause it would be most welcome. **snarfle** I need five to start -- ten in total.

Thanks.

If you contact the right cacher in Chilliwack you will be able to get seven 30 cal. good condition, camo'd and fully stocked cans stolen from my cache locatons in the last 7 - 8 months. Oh but wait, then someone else would know the identity. Sorry the other 15 or so stolen were only Lock n Locks.

I actually have a couple of 50 cal. cans I would part with, but you will have to stock them... They are in great condition.
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

I dragged the family to princess auto in langley last weekend. To describe the ammo cans there as sad (at any price), would be giving them too much credit; $14.95 each - ah no thanks...
savant9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

Chewy_06 wrote:
I dragged the family to princess auto in langley last weekend. To describe the ammo cans there as sad (at any price), would be giving them too much credit; $14.95 each - ah no thanks...

They do get good ones at times. They seem to get a pallet load of them and then put them on sale. The nice ones are all snatched up right away and the dented/rusty/bent ones are left for the regular price. Stock changes there fairly fast, you just have to hit them on the right day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

For all you urban Vancouver cachers, I have seen decent-looking ammo cans at 3Vets (6th & Yukon) and Gorilla Surplus (1458 E Broadway) - the store with the gorilla out front. $12.99 each, if my memory is accurate.
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

Highlander 71 wrote:
For all you urban Vancouver cachers, I have seen decent-looking ammo cans at 3Vets (6th & Yukon) and Gorilla Surplus (1458 E Broadway) - the store with the gorilla out front. $12.99 each, if my memory is accurate.

Any idea how much 3Vets was charging?
Highlander 71

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

I believe theirs were $12.99 as well. At least they were the last time I looked! Who knows what effect the stronger CDN dollar has had - by now they could be $14.50!! Shifty
Highlander 71

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: ammo cans Reply with quote

I made a quick visit to 3Vets yesterday & it looks like they might be getting out of the ammo can business (I didn't ask anyone, though). Very little selection and prices start at $19.99. For that amount of money I'd expect the product to look a whole lot better (i.e. watertight). I should have offered $20 for the whole lot (of 3). Jester
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains
Page 1 of 1