CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BCGA —» Website Questions —» Bring editing back please
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Columbia Ice Fields
Columbia Ice Fields:  [?] . The entrance is in Alberta, but a good part of this is in B.C. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BCGA —» Website Questions —» Bring editing back please
toplefttopfilltopright
Bring editing back please
Questions, comments and suggestions about this website? Post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Website Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Bring editing back please Reply with quote

I feel like an idiot when I post and see a million spelling mistakes - please bring back editing. It may have been taken away because some people took advantage of it to dis others and then edit the content out, but why make us all suffer for the actions of a few?

please please please please please please please please please please ?
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring editing back please Reply with quote

I totally agree!
I bugs me when I see the spelling mistakes I've made and can't change them.

Could it be changed so that if a mod needs to edit it, it can't be edited by the original poster after?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring editing back please Reply with quote

Spellchecker?
savant9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring editing back please Reply with quote

Many forums have a small edit window (15 minutes, 1 hr, 24hrs, etc) which is nice to have to correct errors/make additions to a post, yet still prevents someone from deleting all their comments down the road. Is a time limit something that this BB supports?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring editing back please Reply with quote

The_Pollywog wrote:
Spellchecker?
Usually, the laptop I'm using right now doesn't have it though.

Sometimes it's also nice to edit text so that it sounds clearer...which even sometimes happens after you re-read it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring editing back please Reply with quote

Perhaps a poll is in order for this.

For now one suggestion I could make is to draft your response in a word document which has a spelling and grammar check. Then once you’re satisfied with your reply copy and paste it into the response box on the forums. That's what i just did and got the correction of you're for my incorrect your Smile
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring editing back please Reply with quote

TESKELLY wrote:
Perhaps a poll is in order for this.

For now one suggestion I could make is to draft your response in a word document which has a spelling and grammar check. Then once you’re satisfied with your reply copy and paste it into the response box on the forums. That's what i just did and got the correction of you're for my incorrect your Smile

True, but you also missed the small "i", and many of the mistakes we can make sneak past spellcheckers because they are legit words. I don't really want to make each post a exercise in multi-tasking; I just want to be able to say, "Oh doggy doo, I forgot to capitalize victoria - I would like to fix that" and then fix it!

I like the 30 min to an hour window, and also when the forum posts that a log has been edited.
vanislelady

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring editing back please Reply with quote

Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat wrote:

Sometimes it's also nice to edit text so that it sounds clearer...which even sometimes happens after you re-read it.

try previewing it before hitting the submit button...amazing what it looks like.... Wink Wink
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring editing back please Reply with quote

vanislelady wrote:
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat wrote:

try previewing it before hitting the submit button...amazing what it looks like.... Wink Wink

I usually do that if I'm inserting an image or link but other then that I re-read it, if there's something wrong I change it. Then there's the cases when I'm in a hurry, usually a "th" slips by.... Smack

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Website Questions
Page 1 of 1