CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Casual Caching Group
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Urban wildlife in B.C.
Urban wildlife in B.C.:  [?] . Wildlife big and small, urban and remote abound throughout B.C., even Skunks! [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Casual Caching Group
toplefttopfilltopright
Casual Caching Group

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

There have been many good replies to a little caching adventure into Belcarra, along the Springboard trail series Sunday Jan 16th. The idea of this original posting was NOT my own. I, we thank WT4 for that. Anyone may use the forum to notify everyone else of there caching trip. The host should have a list of caches in the area attending, to share with all the other participants (maybe even caches the host has found but others may not have?) The group meets at a easy to find muster point and continues from there together. If you wish to join in, post a note and then the group will expect your arrival at the designated time and place. (If you post a will attend and don't well...) You can even just show up halfway through and track the group down on your own. (It's been done!!) I'm sure this will require a few different cache trips to get the bugs out, but let's give it a try!! Who's first? I mean second.
WOLVERINESTacFour

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

I'm up for a meet up in Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows this Saturday at 10:00am. I've been wanting to get the caches on the pitt Lake dyke trails for some time. I'm open for other sugestions too. I would also like to tackle the new reverse series of puzzles with an experienced puzzler as well. The Timmies on the corner of Dewdney and Lougheed is a good starting point. Anyone interested?
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

I like the idea very much. The only problem with me is I can rarely commit myself without jumping through a cornucopia of family hurdles. If it turned out to be a regular thing, I'd definitely get involved. Maybe try once a month first and work from there. Pick a day, pick a time, pick an area. I am for an earlier start, BTW. Latecomers can always join the group a bit later.
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

Drat. Saturday's a non-starter for me, will see if i can jump in on one if we see a Sunday.

Thanks for trying this idea out guys!
WOLVERINESTacFour

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

No takers for tomorrow so I'll check in for next week to see if we can herd the cats into a meet up.
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

Looks like I'm back to the Belcarra area again on Sunday January 30th. I would like to get the four new caches along the trail on the west side of the peninsula. And time permitting some up towards Jug Island. 8:30 am start at Pomo rec. center off Ioco road. Please let me know who would like to join in. I only have til 11:30 this Sunday but company would be great. If you have had time to solve any of the puzzles in the Woodhaven Puzzle Series, a would be happy to help you look for them.
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

I might be in for that. I've been sitting on solved Woodhaven puzzles for a while.
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

Good to hear Scruff! Very Happy We'll be at the PoMo rec center at 8:30 am sharp . Any other takers?
katcogo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

Well, I've done all the Woodhaven and Springboard caches but haven't done any of the Admiralty Point/Burns Point ones nor the others on the Jug Island trail. If that works for you I would like to join in. . .
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

We are going down to admiralty point, so that's no problem. I would like to get the Woodhaven caches. We can make up agame plan at the rec center.
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

You guys load up you GPSr's and I'll follow like a puppy.
911turbos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

We'll probably join you but we will meet you in the parking lot at Belcarra.
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

Good turn out on a beautiful morning! A little cool and slippery at the start. But I think all involved, even those by accident, had a good outing. I'll try another get together again in March. Any suggestions would be great.
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

It was a fun time. I don't have any suggestions for future treks but if everyone decides to climb a mountain I would like lots of old people to show up so I don't feel like I'm the only one huffing.
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

I know it's been a long break for the casuals, but Super Bowl and the Valentine's Weekend Poker Run took priority. I was thinking of heading out to UBC on Sunday the 20th for 8:30am? I don't know the area. And only have a couple of finds out there. Any advice on a muster point and plan of attack? I'm all ears.
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

Sounds interesting...

Have done some of the ones in the south part of the endowment lands myself, but have many left there to do.

Treehugger (BC's oldest) is in the Northern part of the park.

Will have to check with the SA (spousal appendage) on availability.
katcogo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

I may be up for that as long as it is early - a certain fishy schoolteacher keeps challenging me to go out there. I have a number of puzzles solved out that way in PSP as well as UBC area. I've done a few on the eastern edge of the park (passport not required). Also looking for a small milestone cache.

Lets do it!
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

Sitter booked, i'm in.

0830 - where?
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

Well a certain Fishy teacher would be happy to lend a helping hand as she will be hosting another cacher in the area. I have a few caches in mind for my visitor and maybe we could meet up for the new one in Wreck Beach at a certain time?
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

Just working out the details for rides. Sounds like we'll be meeting at the parking area near 16th and Blanca, @ 8:30 am. I'd like to get the monsters ball caches in the area. But any other caches are a bonus. I update as thing become more clear.
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

8:30 am @ the North end of Pacific Spirit park. Parking on West 16th between Tolmie and Sasamat. See you all there.
savant9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

Considering showing up, but thats awfully early for me on a Sunday...... Dont wait for me, but I may just show up if I can get out of bed on time and make the drive in from Langley.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

Another great day to be out with a group. If it wasn't for the guys I would have had a most unproductive day as the eastern edge of the park was the western edge of my GSAK caches! Thanks for continually feeding me new coords . . .glad I was able to recriprocate with a few. Nice to meet you Chewy 06 and Savant9 (and daughter).
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

A great day to get outside, and get to an area I don't get to visit often enough. I hope all the attendees had a good time as well. Accept for me annouying a certain CO! Smack Sorry! (It's one of my MANY gifts) Jester Nice to meet all of you. Anyone have any ideas for an outing on the second or third week in March?
savant9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Casual Caching Group Reply with quote

Was a great morning to be outside for sure. Nice meeting up with you all. Thanks for organizing this one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains
Page 1 of 1