CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» SWAG —» Dream GPS
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Pyramid Falls
Pyramid Falls:  [?] . During the heyday of rail travel, Canadian Pacific trains always slowed at Pyramid Falls to give tourists a photo oppurtunity. For this reason, Pyramid Falls beat out Niagra as the most photographed waterfall in Canada. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» SWAG —» Dream GPS
toplefttopfilltopright
Dream GPS
Here you can talk about all the fun items associated with geocaching. Buy/Sell/Barter/Trade here.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Dream GPS Reply with quote

Of all the GPSr's currently out on the market (or soon will be), what would be your dream GPS? Is it on a phone now? Is it on a pad? Is there easy download from Groundspeak without the use of GSAK? I guess I'm asking what is the best of the best?
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Dream GPS Reply with quote

Either of these would be my choice:

Oregon 550T
buy.garmin.com/shop/sh...&pID=26876

GPSMAP62ST
buy.garmin.com/shop/sh...&pID=63802
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Dream GPS Reply with quote

TESKELLY wrote:
Either of these would be my choice:

Oregon 550T
buy.garmin.com/shop/sh...;pID=26876

GPSMAP62ST
buy.garmin.com/shop/sh...;pID=63802

That's pretty much the same for me.

I was thinking about this today at school. I'd probably get the Oregon with a camera, even though it ain't that cheap! Camera

It's only a dream...... Nut

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Dream GPS Reply with quote

Having cached through the years with two Magellans (Sportrac Map and Explorist XL), I had been planning on getting the new Explorist 710. Been waiting and hoping the XL would hang on until the new units arrived.

However - I have been in contact with Magellan customer service a few times lately. (Yes - they actually have one these days).

The upshot is - only the Explorist 610 will have a Canadian topo map available - they don't even have one to purchase for the 710. The 710 only has the turn by turn directions program (City Series) for the US already installed.

The CS rep on the Magellan Outdoor site stated I should buy the 610 which DOES have a Canadian topo map (go figure) and then separately purchase the North American version of the City Series to get my turn by turn capabilities.

However, the 610 has a internal memory of 500M as opposed to the 3.5G in the 710 - don't imagine there is any problem with THAT, plus the NA City Series would be eating storage space and this would lower the cache number limit of the 610 from the 10,000 advertised.

Long story short - the Garmin 62st Canadian version is looking better and better. Now to find out what it actually has.
HwyGuy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Dream GPS Reply with quote

The Magellan Outdoor site is actually on Facebook - didn't make that clear in the previous post.
Page 1 of 1