CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Garmin Plug-in
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
More Roadside Attractions
More Roadside Attractions:  [?] . Caribou Sam in Cache Creek [M | C]  Largest Burr in Port McNeil [M | C]  The Peach in Penticton [M | C]  Smokey Bear in Revelstoke [M | C]  Orcas in Victoria [M | C]  Bathtub in Nanaimo [M | C]  Largest Cuckoo in Kimberley [M | C]  The Head in Revelstoke [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
October 2014
SMTWTFS
01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08 09 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Fri Oct 31, 2014
Event Halloween

Tue Nov 11, 2014
Event Remembrance Day

Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Garmin Plug-in
toplefttopfilltopright
Garmin Plug-in
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goinggone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Garmin Plug-in Reply with quote

We went traveling 4 months ago. Until then I had no problem sending the caches we planned to do to my Garmin. Since we started traveling and i got onto different wireless networks, it usually did not work. Sometimes i deleted everything related to the plug-in, and it might work for that location. At the next it wouldn't. Any suggestions? Even though we're almost home again, I would still like to have a solution. Thanks.
roscoe9

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Plug-in Reply with quote

Did you ever get this problem sorted? I am going abroad in a couple of months and would like to send caches to my Oregon 300 while I am there. I am not sure of all the areas I will be in so won't be able to do it before I go. I have been wondering if there would be an issue if I am on a different continent and if there is something I should do to be able to cache seamlessly while I am away.

If you have any tips, they would be greatly appreciated.
savant9

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Plug-in Reply with quote

With the OR/CO/DK series of garmins, you really don't need the plug in since the device shows up as a drive in "My Computer". Just drag & drop the .gpx files directly in the garmin/gpx/ folder.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Plug-in Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I knew I loved my Oregon! Life can be so easy sometimes.
Chilcotinsam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Plug-in Reply with quote

Having problems with both my Garmin Dakota 20 and Earthmate PN-60w....cant upload any caches to either of them since this morning..using my netbook that I used before....it worked before and I didnt change anything....this is frustrating since Im traveling and extended the trip for a whole day of caching but now cant upload!! I could do few manually but then Idont get the cache info and logs etc....any ideas at all?
bomabound

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Plug-in Reply with quote

My Garmin eTrex started having exactly this problem starting yesterday (Nov 1). It has never had a problem before, but yesterday when I tried to send a cache to my GPS it said I needed to download the latest plugin...which I did. But I am still unable to send any caches to my GPS. I hope this glitch gets sorted out quickly.
bomabound

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Plug-in Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post, but I just went over to geocaching.com forums and there is a thread on precisely this issue that explains how to fix the problem. Look under GPS and Technology.
bcrockcrawler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Plug-in Reply with quote

Here is the link to the forum thread Send to GPS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Plug-in Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for the suggestion...I will try that. Unfortunately I wont be caching for a while though as I broke my ankle while caching in Kamloops...just a silly slip on my part and we were so close to the last cache we had planned that I told Irish Horse to go and get it which he did and brought it back for me to sign....hope it counts. Crazy huh! Well now I have 7 screws in the ankle and no walking for awhile...it will give me lots of time to research caches though and make my plan of attack for when I am able to get out. No new caches in my area anyways. Guess I will have to look for easy 1/1's and drive by's for awhile. Oh well getting out there to cache will be part of my motivation to get back in shape and recover from this nasty experience.
Tugman_and_Wifey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Plug-in Reply with quote

Hope you heal quickly. The only saving grace is winter is coming. Work on being back up and running again before spring!! All the best.
Chilcotinsam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Plug-in Reply with quote

Thanks T &W. I look forward to coming back to your area next near and finding more of your caches too.
I went to the groundspeak forum and found the solution to my cache uplodading problem..happy now even if I cant get out there and cache right now. I can do lots of planning and research and all that stuff. I did notice there arent a whole lot of wheelchair accessible caches...when I did a search for Kamloops only 2 came up with the wheel chair accissible attribute! So then I removed that in my search query and searched for terrain difficulty of 1 only.
The solution was: 1) log into geocaching.com 2)select your profile 3)Select "view account details" or "your account details"..there are two places to find this...on the top of the page or on the right side of page..you will need to scroll down a little. 4) select "change" under "your preferences"...near the bottom. 5) Change "GPX Version" from 1.0 to 1.0.2 6) Click "save changes"
Looks like it took them a few days to fix this. The problem started when I was out of town which was a little frustrating because of course I was geocaching! Even though I had a new GPS I did manage to figure out how to manually plug in some coordinates but I didnt have the handy cache page information to go along with it. Happy its all fixed now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1