CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Alpine Meadow
Alpine Meadow:  [?] . In the summer, alpine meadows across British Columbia burst into colour. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND
toplefttopfilltopright
Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

This game will be a black out. Complete all 25 tasks as fast as you can and you'll win.

Good luck.
katcogo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

And I thought the last game was challenging! At least I won't be cursing when a square comes up for a cache I did the day before. Ya just have to keep raising the bar don't you!

DISCLAIMER REGARDING THE ABOVE POST: ANY RESEMBLANCE TO A COMPLAINT IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

Do you remember that Seinfeld episode where they make a bet of some description and about 30 minutes later, Kramer comes back and announces "I'm out!"

Yeah, this is a little like that. Some of the tasks I have... hoo boy! Jester Jester
katcogo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

Am I correct in my assumption that everyone has exactly the same tasks on their card, just organized differently?
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

Knocked off 5 today, don't know if I'll do any beter! Smack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

Yup from what I see, everyone has the same 25 tasks to do. Since it is a black out everyone has to do them all.

I managed to get the FTF Traditional out of the way.

Now if ony someone could publish a puzzle in my back yard Shifty
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

You can work with friends to create caches, to help fill holes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

Didnt take me half an hour to determine i was out...

...FTF on a puzzle cache <laughing hysterically>.

FTF on a regular was going to be hard enough - and then there's the not found since 2009, autralia visiting TB and oh yeah, move a BCGA coin...

Does anyone have a prediction on how long this one will take for someone to win it?
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

have a question - is "TB" synonymous with GC & all the other forms of trackables out there or is it exclusively referring to traditional travel bugs?
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

I'd say its anything other than a coin. What you think Scruff?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

I'd say a Travel Bug is anything with a TB tracking tag attached to it. Coins are a different category.
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

Hmmmm, I think I better publish my puzzle cache now. **lol**

C'mon Chewy, it isn't as hard as all that. We could have asked for a TB from Ghana. Hmmmm, maybe I'll write that one down for the next game. **snarfle**

I'm surprised nobody is whining about finding a cache 1000 meters above sea level. Perhaps I should have gone for 1500 m. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha.

There are a few people off to a good start.
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

To answer Katcogo's question, there are 25 tasks in this blackout game which means everyone has to accomplish exactly the same tasks. This means there is no luck of the draw. It's a game based simply on skill and speed.
katcogo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

With GE I was able to find a couple of caches where you park above 1000M but the damned caches are only 995M and 987M. Methinks I may be making a trip up the Coquihalla sometime soon . . .
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

There is a rule that states no cache/TB can be used for multiple squares. This requirement is for an individual card. However, I noticed that multiple players have shared a FTF in this BINGO game.

In the early days of geocaching, it was more of a solitary sport and the FTF was only claimed by the person who physically found the cache -- even if several cachers were on the scene. Today many more cachers hunt in groups so a shared FTF has become the norm.

In the interest of fair play and somewhat vague rules, I will allow multiple players to find an FTF for this game.

But in the spirit of competition, I believe future games should allow only one handle to have an FTF for any given cache. **teehee** Oh no! Am I pitting friend against friend, husband against wife. My bad. But remember it is all in fun.
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

So, scruff, this ruling should also cover sharing a find on a cache that hadn't been found since 09 too then yes?

I don't want to have to arm wrestle my wife. She'll win
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

I'm not picky when it comes to several players finding the same cache. It's just a shared FTF I'm thinking about.

But this brings up a really interesting idea for a future game. Perhaps not allowing a cache to be logged if someone in the game has already logged it. It would depend on who logs it on their bingo card first.

Hmmmmm. Maybe not. It sounds like it would require too much programming to display done caches. I ask CB to do too much as is. And it might be a bit unfair for Bingo players bunched up in the same area. We'll see. **teehee** It's always fun to think of new ways to make geocachers jump through hoops, though. That's my fun.
katcogo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

Wow - this game seems to be the most competitive one so far! I always maintain that I'm not hardcore - I think this game proves it. All I've done so far is spend hours in front of the computer searching.
The_Pollywog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
You can work with friends to create caches, to help fill holes.

Now that seems like a form of cheating if you ask me
The_Pollywog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

I'm done mine. All 25.
katcogo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

So . . .I guess the skunk would perhaps frown on a Bingo Flash Mob that would happen to coincide with the publication of a new puzzle cache?
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

So Katcogo wants a Bingo Flash mob at a Puzzle Cache 1000 m above sea level? **teehee**
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

Oh my. The Pollywog has finished them all but did not call BINGO in the "call Bingo" section. Why? Is it because you can't see the thread? Hmmmmm.

We may have a winner.
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

Ha ha ha. We don't have a winner. Bad bad bad The Pollywog.
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

Well, now that the long weekend is over, the few remaining squares are going to get especially painful (and not just because they're painful tasks).

For what it's worth, we're surprised no one's won this one yet...
maxonthehunt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

Game 7 was great and I like the idea of the speed round but we have a bit of a bear situation in the Kootenays and I've had to bail a couple of times. Yup the pepper spray does burn when you get a wif so Max and I will keep playing but we're not very speedy. Have fun everyone and thanks again for the game. Coonskin Hat
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

heh heh heh. In the Kootenays it might be a bit easier to find a cache over 1000m above sea level although when I was researching the possibility I noticed that Cranbrook was a bit lower than 1000m if I remember right.
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

Note to all BINGO players. There will be another game. I just have to catch up on my day job this week. **teehee** I'm a bit behind on pretty much everything.
maxonthehunt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- SPEED ROUND Reply with quote

Yihaa-bring it on! I've left my over 2000m cache. Hmm-right in the thick of hunting season though. Good thing I bought that red jacket! Paperbag
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 1 of 1