CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» BCGA 2010 Geocoin
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Flammulated Owl
Flammulated Owl:  [?] . The tiny Flammulated Owl can be found in the Ponderosa Pine forests of Southern British Columbia. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» BCGA 2010 Geocoin
toplefttopfilltopright
BCGA 2010 Geocoin
Topics will be autocreated here when someone clicks on the "start the discussion" links in news items.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCGA Board of Directors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: BCGA 2010 Geocoin Reply with quote

The BCGA Board is excited to announce the winning supplier for the 2010 BCGA Geocoin

After careful consideration of the bids received the Board has decided to award the coin contract to Landsharkz of Victoria, BC.

The coin drawings have been submitted to Landsharkz and we hope to have the Mint artwork ready shortly and then production we will keep you posted on the progress of the coin as it becomes available. In the meantime we will show you the front side of the coin.

We would like to thank Brian (Boomerangpapa) and Val (High Maintenance) for the great design.   full article.
anakerose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Geocoin Reply with quote

Will there be 2 versions again this year? I'll get both if there is Very Happy
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Geocoin Reply with quote

Congratulations to everyone involved. The dogwood is a wonderful choice. Great coin -- although I do like the BCGA's original slogan better. **teehee**
boomerangpapa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Geocoin Reply with quote

Artwork has been changed Smile Funny how none of us so far had noticed the boo boo! LOL....oh well...fixed now! I'm looking forward to seeing some metal now!
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Geocoin Reply with quote

great design, although most people think that is the flower, it is actually just white coulored leaves that surround the small green flowers(the ones that fall to the ground and look like seed pods, if that makes sense...)
I feel so proud of my knowledge!!!!!!! Lightbulb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Geocoin Reply with quote

Congrats to everyone Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Geocoin Reply with quote

Any ETA for the arrival of the 2010 coin? As much as I hate to mention it, Christmas is coming . . .
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Geocoin Reply with quote

katcogo wrote:
Any ETA for the arrival of the 2010 coin? As much as I hate to mention it, Christmas is coming . . .

December 24th ETA Smile
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Geocoin Reply with quote

So, that must mean that Santa will do the delivery! Gifts for all? I'll have to get a chimney just for the occasion! Jester
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Geocoin Reply with quote

Is there a Hanukkah date for us Jewish geocachers? Wink
boomerangpapa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Geocoin Reply with quote

Any new news on this? I have been asked by several people when these will be available.

Also what will the price be?
HwyGuy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Geocoin Reply with quote

That seems like a long lead time for delivery. Is there a specific reason for 3 more months? That will be 6 months from when it was ordered won't it?
911turbos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Geocoin Reply with quote

Sales will hopefully begin this week. Just working out the behind the scenes stuff on the website. Delivery will be towards the end of October. The coins have just been ordered. The coins will be $10 each and we will also be selling pins for $3 plus shipping.

We have minted 400 non-member versions, 300 member versions, 15 artist versions and 10 directors' versions.

Pictures will be open once the online ordering is open.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions
Page 1 of 1