CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Sockeye Salmon
Sockeye Salmon:  [?] . Over fifteen million sockeye salmon return to the Adams River by Chase once every four years. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion
toplefttopfilltopright
Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

Last week, the BINGO coordinators along with a few BCGA directors talked about the possibility of a BINGO speed round. Everyone liked the idea.

The next game will be for the die hard gecoachers and addicted BINGO players. Game 8 will be based on skill rather than luck.

There will be only 25 tasks to ensure that everyone has to do exactly the same things. All squares will be opened at the same time and the first person to complete a full BINGO card will win.

This should be a short but very exciting game. It will be interesting to see who has the stamina to complete all the tasks before anyone else.
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

So a new torment! By my calculation, this will start about the same time as my schedule consists of 11 or 12 days of consecutive 18 hour workdays. But hey - sleep is really overrated.
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

sounds like fun, any indication when it might be planned for so we can start thinking about ensuring we're not working that day?
scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

We can't set a date since we don't know when the current game will be over. It is just the next game in line. The speed round will begin shortly after the current game is over. That's the best estimate I can give you. Sorry. If it's any consolation, everyone is in the same boat.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

So far I've had 3 draws that refer to attributes. I'm noticing how many caches out there have no attributes chosen.

*grumble*
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

OK, the speed round will commence in a few days. I'll be talking with the other Bingo administrators to ask just how much torture I am allowed to put everyone through.

Although there will be a few hard tasks in the bunch, I'll stay away from the difficulty/terrain 5's for a while. **teehee**
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

I'm waiting . . .

not so patiently . . .

what time should I set my alarm . . .

what day should I set my alarm . . .

Beanie
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

How wonderful. Just before school starts up again. This Bingo game is going to rock.

</sarcasm>
scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

We're setting up the speed round today. It should be up and running for the weekend. Get ready. Cancel all appointments. The BINGO speed round is about to commence!!!
katcogo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

I have been feeling SO sorry for my poor, poor friend Cuddlefish all summer - she has been forced to cache almost every day, the monotony only broken up with mega events, occasional holidays, and day trips with her family.

I have until 8:00 AM Tuesday to finish the Speed Round BINGO!
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

Thanks for that Katcogo. <sob> Your words mean so much to me.

It has been hard filling the void. Almost 400 caches in the last two months - you have no idea of the anguish the Summer has brought me. However, I am deeply touched by the care you have shown which soothes my tortured soul.

The worst thing is that going back to work will only stop the pain for 10 months. Come next July, it will start all over again.

And yet. I never won Bingo. <sob>
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

Ready???
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

set....
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

not funny. Are you going to release the cards or just torture us?

At least it's not 0300!!
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

It just may be. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. 3AM??? Maybe. 7PM??? More of a probability.

Actually, it all depends on the mood of the administrators. I say torture you all but the others are so much more lenient. They may even try to ease the card for all the babies.

So you thought it would be an easy speed round? Think again. **snarfle**
chrisandriley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

ohhhhh this is going to be a hard one, FTF on a puzzle cache - that might take a while, and to move a coin thats been to Austrailia - hmmmmm! Good luck to everyone!!!!
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #8 -- pre Speed Round discussion Reply with quote

GO! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 1 of 1