CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Cultus Lake Hike
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Pacific Dogwood
Pacific Dogwood:  [?] . Rumoured to be Queen Elizabeth II's favourite flower, the Pacific Dogwood was designated British Columbia's floral emblem in 1956. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
October 2014
SMTWTFS
01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08 09 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Fri Oct 31, 2014
Event Halloween

Tue Nov 11, 2014
Event Remembrance Day

Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Cultus Lake Hike
toplefttopfilltopright
Cultus Lake Hike
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Restless10101

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Cultus Lake Hike Reply with quote

If anyone is interested, I'm planning a hike around the east side of Cultus Lake on Saturday, Sept 18, to do the second half of the Give'r Take series (13-26). It is a 10 km hike with some elevation change. I think the hike will take about 5 hours to complete. So if you're planning to come bring a lunch and lots of water. Here is a link to the cache page:

www.geocaching.com/see...5bae4c3dea

There are several other caches to do along the trail as well as another small series called The Pathfinder's Trail. It looks like this series might be on, or close to the trail system.

I was also thinking about having an meet and greet/dinner event after the hike, but don't know the restaurants in the area very well. So if anyone has any suggestions on where a bunch of stinky, dirty cachers can eat in, or around, Cultus Lake, let us know!

Right now, I'm going to not put a particular start time down, but it should start between 8-10am. We will hammer out the detail closer to the date.

So give a shout out if you're interested or have any ideas. Thanks!
Restless10101

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Cultus Lake Hike Reply with quote

Just a little mistake... It's the Give'r Take Series (14-26) not (13-26)
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Cultus Lake Hike Reply with quote

Sounds tempting, will check the schedule & let you know...

have done the first half & have been hoping to get to the second set...
Cyclepath_Cacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Cultus Lake Hike Reply with quote

I just finished that hike on the 25th. 19 caches in total with one side trail to "Buttermilk". Really nice hike. I don't think a bike would help unless you like pushing them up the hills. Have fun folks!
cartguy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Cultus Lake Hike Reply with quote

I have been wanting to do that hike and caches for awhile now count me in. Coonskin Hat
cartguy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Cultus Lake Hike Reply with quote

Hit sumit to quick. Going to add I was think about doing the otherside and get 1-13 on the long weekend if anyone is interested.
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Cultus Lake Hike Reply with quote

Love too as I had fun hiking the other side with you and Shortred, but busy that weekend. Sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Cultus Lake Hike Reply with quote

It looks like there may be a second group heading out to do the first part of the Giver' Take Trail the same day. If anyone is interested, Family Extreme are looking for people to do Caches 1-13. I think were all going to meet up that evening for dinner. I'll try to make the dinner an event (my first as host). As for where exactly the dinner will be, I hope to have that hammer out by tomorrow.
Restless10101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Cultus Lake Hike Reply with quote

Well we hit a snag on the event, but there is nothing I can do about that now.... Here is the details on the hike:

Come join the fun as we hike across the Give'r Take Trail. Two groups will be heading out, Family Extremes will be leading the group doing the west section of the trail (Give'r Take 1 - 13), while ShortRed and Restless10101 will be leading the group doing the east section (Give'r Take 14 - 26). Then we shall all meet up after the hike at the Pantry Restaurant for dinner.

About the Event:

We shall be meeting at 9:00 AM, Rain or Shine, at the parking coodinates N 49° 03.585 W 121°57.567, to separate into groups. We will leave half of the cars here (this is where the east group will exit the trail) and then take the remaining cars to the trail head coodinates N 49° 01.892 W 122° 00.238, to begin the hike at 9:30am.

We will then meet for dinner at 6:00PM at the Pantry Restaurant (N 49° 08.841 W 121° 57.828). Everyone is welcome to come to the Wrap Up Dinner! Even if you didn't take part in the hike!

About the Hike:

The trail is about 10km long with some elevation changes. The hike should take no more than 5 hours to complete. I wouldn't say it's an easy walk, but you don't need to be a mountain climber to do the hike. Overall I would give it a terrain rating of 3. There are a couple of side trail that have caches on them. This may add a couple kilometers to the hike. But these trails are optional.

What you need to bring:

- Hiking Boots
- Long sleeve shirt or sweater (stinging nettle and devils club present)
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Water (at least 2L)
- Bag Lunch (we'll stop 1/2 way in a very nice spot to eat lunch)
- Backpack (to carry your stuff)
- Snacks (trail mix is highly recommended)

Hope to see you there!

Steve
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Cultus Lake Hike Reply with quote

I must be loosing it. Under "What you need to bring" I thought it said "Backpack (to carry Scruff)"

That isn't a bad idea, however.
Restless10101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Cultus Lake Hike Reply with quote

Hmmm... Something like this???

scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Cultus Lake Hike Reply with quote

**teehee** Yep, just like that. Or one of those cool beds that were used to carry around Cleopatra and Caesar. Any volunteers?
Restless10101

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Cultus Lake Hike Reply with quote

One more update:

Family Extreme will not be leading the group doing the west section of the trail (Give'r Take 1 - 13). They are sorry but something very important came up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1