CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #7 "Got the DTs"
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Maple Ridge
Maple Ridge:  [?] . A ranch in Maple Ridge with the Golden Ears peaks in behind. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #7 "Got the DTs"
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Game #7 "Got the DTs"

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Do you have the BINGO DTs?

This game will be based primarily on DIFFICULTY and TERRAIN ratings. Attributes will also be included.

This game will be "tic tac toe" which traditionally describes two vertical and two horizontal lines surrounding the free square. For this game, we will be allowing any TWO vertical and TWO horizontal lines. Four squares will be shared. A minimum of sixteen squares will be needed.

katcogo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

I don't think I'm supposed to see the draws that have taken place, am I?
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

It's not really a problem this time around. People will catch on to what is needed quite quickly.

This game should go much faster. More draws per day. I believe it is double the speed of the last game.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

It's 3 times a day.. but we can throw in some extra's now and then.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

I'm back from vacation and totally missed game #6. Watch out.....Gecko is back in action Jester

geocachinggecko.blogspot.com/
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

This is faster??? 19 draws and all I've got is the centre square!

I guess this means I'll be able to make a stunning come from behind to dash the hopes of some player who has waited patiently for one or two more squares at the end. At least that is what I am telling myself. . .
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Just started and for squares already - look out!
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Errr... I might be cheating... Do I have to find the square on that day, or just on and/or after that day?
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Me again - nope - not cheating - I found a not from scruffy saying that it's on or after. That said, it's hard (for me , at least) to find a link to the actual rules - someone help this hapless bingo-er please.

ps I wouldn't have to spam the board if I could edit/delete posts.
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

The rules state that it must be a new cache. Nothing you have found before the date the task was released.

So, yes, the task must be completed on the day or after the task draw date.

Good Luck.
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
The rules state that it must be a new cache. Nothing you have found before the date the task was released.

So, yes, the task must be completed on the day or after the task draw date.

Good Luck.

Thanks scruffer, now can you post a link to the set of rules? I saw them when I was signing up for my card, but now I can't find them.
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Front BCGA page. Click on the link that says "rules" under the Bingo Card.
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
Front BCGA page. Click on the link that says "rules" under the Bingo Card.

Oh - the ignorance you must put up with - how did I miss that Smack
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Do not fret. I just hope CanadianBacon doesn't have a list of stupid computer related questions I ask him on a weekly basis. **teehee**
katcogo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Just in case anyone (besides me) is keeping count - 23 draws and all I still have is the middle square.
scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

It looks like you drew a bad card this time around, Katcogo. Frustrating, isn't it. **giggle** That is what BINGO is all about. Sometimes you get a great card and sometimes you dont. You had a great card last game. Just missed winning by a square or two.

Would you like some cheese with your whine? **snarfle**

You're a great player so you're bound to win sometime. Unless, of course, Gecko Cacher gets his groove back.
katcogo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Yeah, last time my draws stopped in their tracks at the end. Didn't have a draw for a week while everyone else caught up then flew past me. Guess that means I'll be getting busy soon. Nice easy ones this time would help too. . . Beanie
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

nice easy ones would be nice for sure. There's been a few doozies already. Unimpressed I am. LOL
katcogo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

So, I was wondering what have I ever done to the skunk to deserve ZERO squares in the first 28 draws - it must be a new record!

Could only come up with one answer. I FINALLY got a square and laughed out loud. Obviously there is some strange cosmic joke being played at my expense. Is there any such thing as true randomness in the universe?
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

I looked at Katcogo's second draw and laughed for an hour.

The stars are not aligned for Katcogo. OK, you get one more whine but then buck up and take it like a pro.
katcogo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

OK - it WAS funny - this is my final whine as allowed by Scruffster. First square (besides the free square) on draw 28. Second square on draw 34. I thought the first one was bad. Please could I have the Chinese Water Torture instead? Is someone trying to "cure" me of Bingo?

Just for that I'll have them both dabbed by tomorrow (if I survive).
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Chinese water torture? Nah. But to add insult to injury, I performed a rain dance just so you can tackle the hardest tasks on the board in the mud-soaked mountains. **teehee**

Good luck, Katcogo. I really do feel for ya. You don't have the best card.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

It is probably marginally better than mine. Difficulties 4.5 AND 5? Caches with various attributes where so many cache owners don't bother putting attributes on their caches at all. Smack Smack

And this one that requires me find a cache in shark infested waters seems a to go a little too far... Jester
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Well, if some 'volunteers' want to come up with thirty so so 'tasks' for a game, send them to me for the next one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Well, 'I' would be 'happy' to 'volunteer'.

Beanie Beanie Beanie
katcogo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Thanks for the rain Scruff - It's amazing how well one stays cool when soaking wet!

Bring it on - please!
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Regular game players that volunteer to design a game would have to stay out of that particular game as they'd know all the tasks beforehand. It would be unfair to other players if one player had that type of inside information. But anyone is free to design a game if they wish. Suggestions are also welcome. They'd also have to swear secrecy and not divulge any tasks to friends.

Tasks such as "photo of pig roasting on spit" or "photo of skunk tied to a tree" will not be considered. **teehee**
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

I have a bingo card with a Terrain of 5 square AND a Difficulty of 5 square. If I never play another game of BCGA Bingo, I can't see myself too disappointed. Wink

Jester
katcogo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Hey Cuddlefish - want to go on another adventure? I've got the same square . . .
hollyburn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

What is a significant hike with the new attributes? <10 km or >10km
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

I don't know the answer to that but if the attribute is on the cache page you can use it for BINGO.
Restless10101

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Does it have to be caches, or do events count? for D/T?
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Any cache type counts. Puzzle, multi, event, virtual...

BUT you have to visit the event/cache after the task pops up on your bingo card.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

I know I'm not going to win this bingo with my multitude of terrain 4s and 5s and similar difficulty squares, but perhaps I can host an event near by home and bring some of my cooking.

Yep, eating my cooking at Wreck beach would be a definite 5/5 right there.

Jester Jester
911turbos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

hollyburn wrote:
What is a significant hike with the new attributes? <10 km or >10km

Either of them would be fine. The <1km would not be a significant hike.
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Cuddlefish wrote:
I know I'm not going to win this bingo with my multitude of terrain 4s and 5s and similar difficulty squares...
Ai Carumba! Yuck I've got a couple as well! Yuck
Too bad all those squares weren't revealed before the Copper Rush!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Todays numbers:

Time caching: 4 hours (not including travel time)
Caches found: 5 - most time spent walking + looking for trails
Kms travelled: I REALLY don't want to know
Miscalculation: 1 leading to at least an extra 2km travelled
BINGO Squares: 4! Best day ever

Biggest smilie: On my rather tired face right now

Anywhere else I would rather have been today - nope!

Thanks for the bingo games.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Just go ahead and win this thing already. It's killing us all.

Yuck
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

Just wondering how close people are getting with this game. I still need a few good draws, hopefully not in the rows with my "problem" squares. Things are pretty challenging with this one. I finally got an attribute, did a PQ and when I eliminated caches that were gone, or required a passport or a ferry to get to I got a list of 8 within 75km of home. Went for the closest today and DNF'd it. Darn it.
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Game #7 "Got the DTs" Reply with quote

It's still anyone's game. But it is getting close to the end. I predict there will be a winner within the week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 1 of 2