CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Re activating an archived cache?
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Sockeye Salmon
Sockeye Salmon:  [?] . Over fifteen million sockeye salmon return to the Adams River by Chase once every four years. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Re activating an archived cache?
toplefttopfilltopright
Re activating an archived cache?
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiemakers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re activating an archived cache? Reply with quote

Last year we moved down from Terrace where we had hidden about a dozen caches. We figured rather than remove them all, we'd have friends check them out if problems arose. Well, one cache had several DNFs and one cacher who had been there previously said that it was definately gone so I archived it. Another cacher just logged it as a find commenting on my amazingly strong magnet that I used (computer hard drive magnets are fantastic). Well, now that I know the cache is there but has just moved slightly, can I un-archive it? If so, how do I go about that?

Lisa (The Cookie Makers)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Re activating an archived cache? Reply with quote

I am not sure if you can unarchive a cache but you could write a note to the reviewer regarding the cache or just resubmit it in the same area (which is what I think you will have to do)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Re activating an archived cache? Reply with quote

I would contact mtn-man first to see if he can unarchive it. Make sure to let him know the reasons behind your request and I'm sure he'll be able to take care of it for you.
curnew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Re activating an archived cache? Reply with quote

Teddy2k wrote:
I would contact mtn-man first to see if he can unarchive it. Make sure to let him know the reasons behind your request and I'm sure he'll be able to take care of it for you.

Here is the message that you get when you try and archive a cache:

Quote::
This can only be reversed by a site administrator. Use the "temporarily disable this cache" option if you only need to take your cache offline for a short time. If you still wish to archive this cache, click on the "yes" button to continue.

So you should be able to just ask mtn-man on his profile page to un-archive it.

Jeff
Bestred

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Re activating an archived cache? Reply with quote

Let us know how it turns out Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Re activating an archived cache? Reply with quote

Well, I've sent a second email to mtn-man and I'm waiting to hear back. I've sent one before posting here and one a few days ago. Hmmm...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Re activating an archived cache? Reply with quote

i wonder if he is on vacation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1