CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Mountain Lion
Mountain Lion:  [?] . The Mountain Lion, also called puma and cougar, are found throughout British Columbia. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize
toplefttopfilltopright
Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
savant9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

I am happy to announce that I will be offering a Garmin Etrex Legend as a prize for attendees of the Copper Rush event.

To enter:
In order to qualify you must log the event as "attended" and you must post at least one picture from the event with your log.

Winner:
The winner will be chosen two weeks after the event, or after the event is archived (whichever comes first). It will be a pseudo-random draw. I will pick my favourite 10 images from the event gallery and randomly draw the winner from that.

Tips:
The more images you upload with your logs, the better your chances are but only one image from each cacher may be in my "top 10". If you are caching as a family, be sure that each family member logs attended with their own account and posts unique pictures to increase your odds.

Prize collection:
If the winner is in the Lower mainland/Fraser Valley, we can arrange for pickup/drop off. If the winner is beyond reasonable driving distance from Langley I will ship the prize to you at my expense.

So don't forget your cameras if you are heading to the Copper Rush!! Hope to see you all there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

A couple other things to clarify as I cant seem to find the edit button for my previous post.

-There is only one prize.

-Final judging conditions / deadlines may change depending on the quantity of images in the gallery for the event (but will not be sooner than stated to allow everyone time to upload their pictures and logs)

-Winner's caching name and winning image will be posted in this thread after the winner is drawn, and I will also send an email through the winners geocaching.com profile.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Ummm... WOW!!! That is so wicked! I'll have to pack up my fancy camera for the trip now!

See you all there!
Bestred

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

What a wonderful prize and contest
How awesome of you to sponsor this Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

If you have pictures that are not able to be posted on GC.com I will accept direct emails of those Shifty .

Thanks Restless10101, that photo was good for a laugh and already made it into my top 10.

Email: savant9 a t gmail d o t com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

I want so much to post the picture, but think it more of a PG-13 rating. But if you would like to see the picture, send me a message and I'll e-mail you a link.
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Glad to have been apart of making you laugh Savant9.
savant9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

I just wish the photo wasn't so hi-res Jester

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

I agree and will add that the three of us could have benefited from a pre-photo tanning session Shifty
Bestred

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Excuse me....I need to see this picture please....I happen to be the owner of one of those. Jester

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

I wonder if any of my pics made the top ten. The anticipation is killing me. **teehee**
goaliegirl38

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

If Restless wins we will never hear the "end" of it Jester Glad we could make you laugh!
savant9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Just a reminder to post up your pics with the "attended" logs. So far there are only 10 unique cachers with photos, which is making it difficult to find 10 favourites. I realize not everyone frequents these forums, so if you know another cacher that was there please encourage them to post the pics. Hopefully the Turtles can send an event announcement as a reminder.

As a teaser these ones have made it into my top 10 so far, but could be bumped if/when more pictures arrive.

Restless10101 : 3 Moons over whipsaw
Scruffster : cave exploration
Chewy_06 : before noon panorama
dloubert : "sally" conquers another one
Adroit Seeker : On top of the world - What a view!
Gearhedd : Me on the whipsaw run

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Yesterday the upload for pictures wasn't working on geocaching. Now it is and I'm loading some pictures.
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Upload for pictures is down for maintenance again. Camera

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Uploaded some pictures (36 actually Shifty ) while the system was up this morning. They seem to be doing maintenance on it during the evening.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

I am in the process of logging caches, and I write fairly long logs, so it takes a LOOOONNNNGGGG time to get them all done...but I am coming up on the Copper Rush log and I will have some photos to include....including one of Mr Turtle at his wedding that is very Indiana Jones like Jester
hollyburn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

I have never had so much trouble uploading photos. Again I'm getting.....The Image upload system is currently down for maintainence. Please try again later. for hollyburn attended [Event Cache] The Great Copper Rush View
savant9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

In light of all the upload issues and the likelihood that many cachers took an extended holiday, I will be extending the deadline to Aug 21st for all photo submissions. I want to be sure that everyone that wanted to, gets a chance at it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

I uploaded some pictures just tonight Smile If I upload more I shall let you know Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Bestred wrote:
I uploaded some pictures just tonight Smile If I upload more I shall let you know Smile
Great picture of Mr. Turtle... Jester

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

thanks Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Just a few days left!!! Loving all the pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

I've been looking at the pics too. Some people have a great eye for photography. I doubt I'm in the top ten anymore. And I like it in an unusual way.

It's always a pleasure to see people taking time out of their caching day to absorb the surroundings and document it on the camera.

I have many favourites. I'd find it hard to judge.
savant9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Firstly I would like to thank every one for submitting pictures.
It was sooo tough to pick my top 10 favorites and unfortunately there was some really great shots that I love, but narrowing it down to 10 was necessary. So I am sorry to some of you that didn't make my top ten. Perhaps if I do this again next year, I will do it a little differently but this is the way that I had committed to doing it.

I picked my ten and made a list. I ran this list through www.random.org/lists/ randomizer.

Results were as followed:

List Randomizer

There were 10 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. RATCHET_FMR - I'LL - BE - BACK!
2. Adroit Seeker - On top of the world - what a view!
3. Jazzpurrr - Final cache & pose of the greatest weekend ever!
4. Scruffster - Cave Exploration
5. Mr. Wilson & a Mt. Goat - Dust!
6. dloubert - "Sally" conquers another one...
7. Chewy_06 - Before Noon Panorama
8. nenners - Fair ground neighbour
9. Pro & Cras Tin8 - Last Cache of the Day
10. hollyburn - ~~~~~~~~~~

I then used the integer generator at www.random.org/integers/
to pick a number 1-10, 1000 times. Analyzing the list of integers gives me the winner by the most frequently drawn number. Here are the results of 1000 draws:

1. 98
2. 108
3. 92
4. 80
5. 118
6. 95
7. 102
8. 102
9. 94
10. 111

As we can see by looking at the list the winner was #5 with 118 draws.....

Mr. Wilson & a Mt. Goat - Dust!

Thanks once again to every one for their contribution!

Mr. Wilson, please send me your shipping info and I will get it shipped out to you asap.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

WOW! I never ever win these kinds of things! Thanks Savant9 for hosting this contest, and I really enjoyed looking through the other entries! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Congrats Mr. Wilson. I think it is really neat that you won. Keep on caching and taking photos.
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Great picture and congrats.
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Of all the people in the running I'm glad it's you, Mr. Wilson. Congratulations!
savant9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Prize has been mailed, Mr. Wilson. I hope you enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Congratz - Mr Wilson and Mt. Goat on your win. I guess we are all in your dust trail Shifty
HwyGuy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Congrats for the picture and the win. Does the driver get a shout out too??
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

hmm... i wonder if you look hard enough in that shot you can see us. It seemed like we spent an entire afternoon following Mr Wilson & a Mtn Goat around... Smile Congrats.

Thanks for putting this on savant9!
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

HwyGuy wrote:
Congrats for the picture and the win. Does the driver get a shout out too??
Yes, and she will for another year until I get my L. Until then, "Thanks Mom!" Beanie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Got it yesterday, thanks a lot! Mr. Green

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Congratulations on winning!!! that is awesome!
great picture

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Win a Garmin Etrex Legend - Copper Rush prize Reply with quote

Way to go Mr. Wilson... Coonskin Hat
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1