CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» D'arcy to Lillooet via Seton
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Haida Gwaii
Haida Gwaii:  [?] . The first nations name for the Queen Charlotte Islands and the homelands of the Haida people. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» D'arcy to Lillooet via Seton
toplefttopfilltopright
D'arcy to Lillooet via Seton

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doonchak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: D'arcy to Lillooet via Seton Reply with quote

In Aug, Chak and the Geo-Toddler are going to be heading back east to visit family. Doon has to work Sad so I won't be making the trip. However, I think I am going to take a weekend and head up north a bit to do some caching. I was looking at going up the Sea To Sky highway to Pemberton, spending the night in Birkenhead Park (and probably placing a cache or two...no caches there at all!) and then jetting over to Lillooet via the D'arcy/Seton route.

The only problem...I will likely be driving a low clearance car...and I am having trouble getting much information on the roads connecting D'arcy with Seton and then Seton with Lillooet.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with those roads recently and could advise whether or not they are passable with a 2WD car that doesn't have a bunch of clearance.

Thanks in advance for any information Smile
MrGigabyte

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: D'arcy to Lillooet via Seton Reply with quote

We just did the Pemberton, Hurley Pass, Gold Bridge, Carpender Lake, Mission Pass, Shalalth, Seton Portage, D'Arcy, Mt Currie Pemberton loop. The two main areas are the Highline road from D'Arcy to Seaton Portage and the Mission Pass from Shalalth to the Mission Dam. The Highline road is in great condition as it is routinely maintained by volunteers. The Mission Pass is also in very good shape, considering how steep it is. It is very well traveled and we saw many small cars flying along it without a problem. The road from the Mission Dam to Lillooet might as well be paved.

This has got to be one of the best scenic trips in SW BC. The views of Seton and Anderson Lake are incredible. As a bonus, you can pick up at least 3 or 4 map squares for the BC Backroads Mapbook Challenge Cache… coord.info/GC20AGR
Doonchak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: D'arcy to Lillooet via Seton Reply with quote

That's awesome to hear!

Thanks so much for the info...and for the heads up on that cache, I somehow missed that when it got published...sounds like a great challenge!

I bought 3 of the backroad mapbooks a while back and spent many nights in the following weeks mentally exploring BC and planning many trips for the future!

Thanks again Beanie
tjguy98

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: D'arcy to Lillooet via Seton Reply with quote

Those back road map books are great, I have several of them as well. The other book you might want to pick up is one of the ones by local author Jack Christie; either "52 Best Day Trips From Vancouver" (my fave) or "Best Weekend Getaways From Vancouver"

He puts a lot of local knowledge into the areas you pass through, as well as highlighting what to see.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains
Page 1 of 1