CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Bear Stories To Tell
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Orca Whales
Orca Whales:  [?] . The killer whale is the largest dolphin. Seen from Southern Vancouver Island up to Alaska. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Bear Stories To Tell
toplefttopfilltopright
Bear Stories To Tell
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjguy98

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Bear Stories To Tell Reply with quote

With the nicer weather here (no, really, it is), and more of us getting out on the hunt, I thought it would be interesting to hear your bear stories.

I have a couple, but the best one happened a few nights ago, with a young black bear showing up in my back yard. He stuck around long enough for me to get some good video. Click on the link in my sig file to go to my web site and see the wrte up and video.

Raygar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Bear Stories To Tell Reply with quote

Ive been doing tons of geohikes lately including a nightcach last night.
Im always looking for bears as I see warnings posted all over.
Thankfully no sightings, lets keep it that way lol.
Last fall however while fishing in Maple Ridge a big blackie snuck down to the rivers edge while me and a friend were fishing.Buddy had a 25lb ish fish on the shore, the bear grabbed it from right behind him and ran away lol.
Raygar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Bear Stories To Tell Reply with quote

also nice bear video! Its a garbage storage issue for sure.
The Stainless Steel Rat.
911turbos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Bear Stories To Tell Reply with quote

Here is a picture of a bear who visited us last week:

Bear in the Yard
tjguy98

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Bear Stories To Tell Reply with quote

Wow, that's a pretty cinnamon bear! The sun makes his (or her) fur a perfect colour...

savant9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Bear Stories To Tell Reply with quote

This was last year, @ the old Pioneer Mine site in Bralorne. We stood and looked at each other for a solid 5 minutes, then the bear got bored and just sauntered away.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Bear Stories To Tell Reply with quote

Found these two while geocaching. Once the one bear looked at us and started to come over we decided that was enough picture taking. The last shot was a true distance as you can see the gravel road I was standing on:

s125.photobucket.com/a...nter-1.flv
Philatsea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Bear Stories To Tell Reply with quote

I was doing the 100 Acre Woods series by Adroit Seeker when it first came out. There were a few of us that were nuts enough to be out trying to do these when they came out at night. This night was no exception. I was headed to do owl's House in the Bridgeview area of Surrey. I went into the area, which has some forest area's and mainly housing. It was raining slightly and I located the cache and was FTF on it. It was when I came out to the car and the bear a short distance away walking across the road into someones front lawn that got my attention. I was in my car and out of there in seconds, no point in becoming a midnight snack.
It was so funny in a way because I was doing the Winnie the Pooh series and ran into a bear.

Bears aren't the half of what I have ran into either. Let's see a Lizard about 8 inches long jumped up at me when I lifted a cache up in the desert in California. I stuck my hand into a stump covered in fresh moss to find a bee's nest. Yep allergist to bee's too and trying to decide to Epi pen or not. Killer bee's nest near a Cache in Arizona, we stayed well away from that one.

Want a good story ask Adroit Seeker if you see him about his encounter with the snake in the Okanagan. It will be the last time you stick your hand in a hole after you hear this.....

Bear's are big and at least you should see them long before you see the little stuff.

Phil
Raygar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Bear Stories To Tell Reply with quote

did a long walk around Minnekhada park in the rain yesterday.
While returning up the driveway the way was blocked by a momma and cub.
they popped in and out of view a few times making me hesitate before walking up back to my truck.Kind of cool.

The Stainless Steel Rat
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1