CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Fraser Valley —» Time for a CITO
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
More Roadside Attractions
More Roadside Attractions:  [?] . Caribou Sam in Cache Creek [M | C]  Largest Burr in Port McNeil [M | C]  The Peach in Penticton [M | C]  Smokey Bear in Revelstoke [M | C]  Orcas in Victoria [M | C]  Bathtub in Nanaimo [M | C]  Largest Cuckoo in Kimberley [M | C]  The Head in Revelstoke [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Fraser Valley —» Time for a CITO
toplefttopfilltopright
Time for a CITO

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Fraser Valley

View previous topic :: View next topic  
koakai

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Time for a CITO Reply with quote

Sumas mountain regional park is looking really scruffy these days. With the lower gate opened up, a lot of trash is finding it's way up the hill.

Last time this happened we wound up with the lower gate closed up, and having to hike all the way to the top for that wonderful view.

I propose a CITO of the mountain. How. I have no idea.

I can get my fit part way up there, but those potholes can get pretty bloody big, so I'm not sure just how to do this or who to contact. I suppose technically it is a Fraser Valley regional park. Anyone with contacts there?

Anyone have any ideas on how to run it?

Heck anyone have any ideas on a good weekend to plan it for?

I'd hate to be the only one on the mountain. Smile
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Time for a CITO Reply with quote

THIS place needs a CITO:

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Time for a CITO Reply with quote

Nice. Yuck
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Time for a CITO Reply with quote

thinking of making an event there too, as you can see it really needs it!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Time for a CITO Reply with quote

Oh definitely. Sumas mountain is bad, but more spread out. Washing machine down a gully, stripped wire down a back path. Mattress and junk down another.

Yours looks much more possible to do in an event at least. Smile
agassiz_angel

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Time for a CITO Reply with quote

if you can get me the coords I have a file open that I am reporting all the dump sites to. Any pictures you have you can send them to me personally at agassiz.angel @ gmail.com and i can hopefully get these dump sites taken care of Smile
LANMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Time for a CITO Reply with quote

April 27 2013 is "Clean Up Langley Day" and we're interested in hosting a CITO event in a Langley park - we want to know if anyone out there in the BCGA would join us, and if there are parks/areas that are in need more than other areas?

Feel free to reply here or email us directly!

Thanks cachers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Fraser Valley
Page 1 of 1