CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Cache Shrink
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Atlin Lake
Atlin Lake:  [?] . Snow Caves of Atlin Lake [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Cache Shrink
toplefttopfilltopright
Cache Shrink

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lotus Land Cacher

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

Ok Folks, who had their most caches found in one day today?
My email inbox is really really full!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

Me. But it still measly 21.

I had the most awesome geocaching day ever yesterday. The weather was beautiful in Burnaby (unlike last weekend!) I blew past 900 caches and found a few tricky ones (with a little help from my friends). I had great company too.

All is perfect here in Lotus Land. Smile Great job. Smile
Bill the Cat

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

Aww Right!!!!! Finally a power cache route here in the lower mainland. Lets see who can do them the fastest. Nut
Lotus Land Cacher

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

Well, its not 600 or 1000 like in the Desert(s) of the USA, but it is certainly a pleasant walk.

We have had great response, both in feedback and the actuall number of cachers out this past weekend. The fact that many cachers are meeting up and doing them together, swapping stories, along the way is great.

We should remind people that Cycling is not permitted in the park. It is only allowed from the Sperling Overpass to Douglas St (west), so you might as well walk.

Please watch for Poison Ivy/Oak & Nettles, this area is a marsh and it grows well!

There is no need to go into the woods/marsh. The caches are all pretty much trailside (a step or two) , or in easily accessible areas. They all have pretty detailed hints, please use them! If your GPS is telling you to wander into the lake, you don't have to. We have already corrected a handful of coordinates where this seemed to be the case.

We have numbered each cache for convenience, so if you are taking notes or planning there is less confusion on the cache names.

We appreciate any votes you might wan to cast our way, you can vote for the series on the Blitzapia Nervosa cache.

Have fun!
_canadianbacon_ & geodug

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

Thanks for setting this up guys. I sit @ 8 rinks every monday for 2 hours while my daughter skates and am always bummed that there weren't very many caches at Burnaby Lake. Looks like I will have something to do today.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

Awesome day in the park yesterday and easily set a PB with 42. Met and/or teamed up with many fine cachers, including the Dude himself.
Great job on the series!
marmi_and_tas

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

We had a great time May 8th so thanks for putting this together!! First power caching experience for us, 45 in 7 hours, and we had the Master himself, Mr.G, along for the tour. Met quite a few others along the way and then literally limped home after geodug kindly became a geochauffeur. It was worth every minute though!
Bestred

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

Awhile back TESKELLY and I along with our two geokids Travel T and Travelling Freckles, and Titelines did 35 or 38 caches in a day. We also stopped for a few bathroom breaks, and for lunch.

It was a good day. We did the UBC tour I believe. Down by the nekkid beach...that is what I remember....lol Shifty

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

I've been doing them to get them off my 'closest unfound' because it looks like a 'chapter' list from Dr. Fraud's book otherwise. lol
And after this past rainy cold spell it was nice to walk (level !) on lovely days, in a beautiful park and run into 'old' pals and meet some new ones in impromptu meet 'n greets.

You guys did a great job on the cache pages. What a hoot! And Bless you for numbering them for easy id'ing.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

Just who are you calling old MsChief-Gps_y????

While I may resemble that remark - I am sure my lovely bride would be most put out lol.
goaliegirl38

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

Can't wait, going to hit these after the WWFM on Saturday!!! (as I'm sure many others will be doing as well) Bringing a semi-newbie with me, should be great fun!
MsChief-Gps_y

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

Dear HwyGuy Time to put on your glasses.. did you not notice the quotes around 'old', lol I thought I was being most clear on the use. And sorry, now that you brought it up, you are 'old' if we compare you to your child (but ever so wise) bride! [;)]
It was great to see you two and hear about the reno's etc. Hope you spend the rest your kid's inheritance traveling!
And I've got enough of these caches done that I can see others now!

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

Glasses !!! What a great idea. I should have used them when I logged the 41 we did that day. I logged one twice and CB had to tell me - as I couldn't find why the total was one more than I had done.

We tented at Coal Rush last year and just about froze our buns off ( no comments on that perhaps being a good thing in my case). This year we are coming to Copper Rush with a new trailer and truck - of course it will be broiling in August but there is a fan lol.

What inheritance? A 14 day cruise and tour in Alaska in Sept will have taken care of that. But there is caching up there - one more state!

This series was a great vehicle for meeting fellow cachers "on the fly". I hope there are more put out like it. The last time I remember meeting so many cachers "on the trail" was the Bellingham Cache Machine that Half Canadian put on 5 or more years ago. I kept running into Doc Magoo and Chillibusher that day.

Thanks to the Lotus Land Cachers for all the hard work.
Cyclepath_Cacher

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

I took a mental health day today and spent some time with the cache shrink. My therapy session was intense and took most of the day. By the end of it, I had found 62 caches. A PB by far. What an awesome day too. I feel so much better. Thanks!
geo_canuck77

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

Bellingham is a good place to cache if you want to get allot of caches in a day. Teddy2k, Graf and I got 69 in a day and still got home around dinner time. I still want to do 100 caches in a day, start early and don't stop till ya reach 100!
Raygar

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

That was a great series.i did 45 and spent about 10 or 12 hours walking around the park.Took so long because i only run a Magellan Explorist and dont seem to get the clues when i do a pq.So I spent a long time looking in the wrong places.Plus i stopped to take lots of pictures and chat with a few cachers.The last few hours it was quite dark and i had no flashlight,found lots of stinging nettles that way lol.Plus I found a cell phone on the trail and messed around trying to return it.WOW I was tired at the end but it was a great day.
Julebear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

So glad you put out this series! We took a couple of new cachers with us on Saturday and then stopped for a while, as they had to go home for a birthday party. We went back on Sunday and did a few more. We're so tired, but really enjoyed the walk around the park, picking up caches. Thank you!
PS - I replaced a couple of logbooks, as they were in bad shape. Check out #1, too, as it needs a new container, which I didn't have with me.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Shrink Reply with quote

Thank you! And thanks for the log books too. With that many caches we tend to make a list, and on occasion go fix a few at a time, so it is appreciated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains
Page 1 of 1