CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Sphinx Tunnel
Sphinx Tunnel:  [?] . Located on the outskirks of Greenwood, a rail underpass was unearthed during construction of a new highway creating a sphinx-like ruin along the Trans Canada Trail. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions
Topics will be autocreated here when someone clicks on the "start the discussion" links in news items.
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marmi_and_tas

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Yuppers TeamPawz, that's all...just remove the Blitz prefix and your cache is back where it belongs in the list.
A computer program that automatically did that after a yearly Blitz ended would be nice indeed! The older I get, the more I appreciate getting automatic help!
marmi_and_tas

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Can this post be put back to the topic it replied to originally? Thanks.
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Just a heads up for everyone... since the BCGA new cache notifications don't come in as quick as they used to, there may be a small delay in the new Blitz caches being entered into the system and hence you may not be able to vote for them right away. We're working to get them into the system ASAP. Thanks for your understanding.
KerryandShannon

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

I just send a message telling about the voting system not working at the moment. I didn't see teddys post before i sent it. So i guess it will iron itself out. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

I just noticed that the only option in the list for me is GC202AR B10: CSI Victoria. This is strange, as this cache was hidden last October.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

alester wrote:
I just noticed that the only option in the list for me is GC202AR B10: CSI Victoria. This is strange, as this cache was hidden last October.
Yup, they have to be 'new' caches, it has been removed.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Is voting only permitted for BCGA members? I had someone report that they tried to vote and were denied access. I logged out as a member and could not see the Blitz voting on the sidebar menu. Any answers?
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

No, its set for any registered (logged on) user. Though in the past we have had peoples dogs voting, so maybe it should be members!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Google Earth Link showing all Blitz 2010 Caches now up on the Left Menu.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
Google Earth Link showing all Blitz 2010 Caches now up on the Left Menu.

Thanks CB for all that you do.
LordEd

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Question: Can a blitz cache be listed as "Premium Only"? I know it potentially reduces the number of visitors, but I have some concerns about my new cache based on a number of recent 'disappearances' of caches in Kelowna (2 belonging to Kerry&Shannon, 1 by BCJewel), and I want to have an audit log, at least for the short term.

It is not published yet, but I have set it up as a blitz cache with the B10 and voting link.
911turbos

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

LordEd wrote:
Question: Can a blitz cache be listed as "Premium Only"? I know it potentially reduces the number of visitors, but I have some concerns about my new cache based on a number of recent 'disappearances' of caches in Kelowna (2 belonging to Kerry&Shannon, 1 by BCJewel), and I want to have an audit log, at least for the short term.

It is not published yet, but I have set it up as a blitz cache with the B10 and voting link.

Yes it can be a premium member only cache.
LordEd

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

How long before a newly published cache is added for voting typically? (GC284W8)

(Not complaining, just wondering).
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

5AMish is when new caches are picked up. Once again @ 3PM but if the data did not change (PQ not run) then it will not show up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

You know, actually finding and experiencing a cache is usually a good start before voting on them, except maybe the 'nice cache page' category.

Need I say more? Soapbox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Smack Oops, accidently voted on GC271BR. No idea how that happened, thought I was voting on a local cache. How do I fix that?
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

1) if you clicked through from a cache page, check that cache page had the right link. If it did not, maybe inform the cache owner.
2) I can remove the vote.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Thanks Smile
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

No problem.. I moved the vote to my cache.....

yes I'm joking! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Just a reminder to all participants. Time is running out to vote. The last day of voting is Sunday August 1st.

I know a lot of cachers save up the voting for near the end, and since this year is an extra long blitz, many of you may have a lot of caches to go through.

It takes some time after the voting closes to tabulate the caches, make up the spread-sheets to balance out the awards when individuals are tops in more than 1 category. (this is same as previous years), and this has to be done for each region.

Once the events are completed, the raw votes data will be released in the Results Link.

So please, no begging on August 1st to open up the voting! It's a busy time of year with family and vacations for everybody, including the BCGA executive and their helpers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Can I have a clarification on the voting deadline? The timelines page say that voting ends Aug 1, 2010 at 11:59 PM. I was hoping to do a last mad dash on the 1st to visit some more Blitz caches. Will I need to change my plans?
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Sorry for the confusion Kathy... yes the voting will be open until 11:59pm on Sunday August 1 for your voting pleasure Mr. Green
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Thank you. I see that CB's post has been edited to make it even more confusing. I will cache to my heart's content on Aug 1st since I won't be able to go to the Copper Rush.
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

I guess if I find some B10 caches up in Princeton I won't be able to vote for them Sad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Well, its all a matter of interpretation.
"Between May 2nd and August 1st," as stated in the 'Information' page,
technically is May 3rd to July 31st. But that's ok, I'll just charge the BCGA Triple Overtime Rate on August 1st. ;), I'll be rich!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat wrote:
I guess if I find some B10 caches up in Princeton I won't be able to vote for them Sad

There aren't any B10 caches in the Copper Rush caching area, so you'll just need to make sure to vote before you leave home Mr. Green
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Teddy2k wrote:
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat wrote:

There aren't any B10 caches in the Copper Rush caching area, so you'll just need to make sure to vote before you leave home Mr. Green
ffeeeewwwww! Cookie Monster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

OK CB - I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10 . . .
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

katcogo wrote:
OK CB - I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10 . . .

that's 2-9 Wink

It's just that in my job we deal with date ranges all the time, and 'between' is something quite different than up-to-and-including or 'ending on' .

PS

I'm thinking you picked 8. Was i close?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Blitz - Information & Instructions Reply with quote

Yes, I have 59 caches to vote for. Wink Jester

I'm so looking forward to seeing the results!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions
Page 2 of 2