CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» PQ's to 1000
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Revelstoke
Revelstoke:  [?] . Carved Grizzlies frame a town square in Revelstoke. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» PQ's to 1000
toplefttopfilltopright
PQ's to 1000
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HwyGuy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: PQ's to 1000 Reply with quote

According to Groundspeak forums - in the next week the maximum number of caches in a PQ will be raised from 500 to 1000. Jeremy made the announcement on a Podcacher interview and said it was to be done before May 2 to coincide with the 10 year anniversary. Woo woo!

Now if only the Explorist XL would take more than 200 - I could spend less time on GSAK and making changes to filters and more out caching lol

The same forums are saying it looks as if the new Explorist GC is just the first of a series of new Magellan units. The new owners of Magellan seem interested in geocaching - not just vehicle GPS. The lower priced Magellans should bring new or lower prices for the Garmins as well.

Good news for those of us with older units looking to update.
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: PQ's to 1000 Reply with quote

That is good news to my ears. I can't wait to see what kind of effect the Magellan product pricing has on Garmin. I too am at the point of upgrading and will most likely wait to see what transpires around Christmas time before making the leap. I should be able to get one more summer out of the old tried and true 60cx.
HwyGuy

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: PQ's to 1000 Reply with quote

It is now a reality - PQ's now give 1000 caches each.

Now to figure why the PQ around my home jumped from 130 to 730.
HwyGuy

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: PQ's to 1000 Reply with quote

A further note about the change to 1000.

If you are getting more than 500 - the PQ is not emailed to you any more. You have to go to your PQ page and there is a new tab where your PQ's for the last week are all listed. You then download them from there. Even the ones that were emailed seem to appear in the list.

This will be great for when you travel. I used to have to change my secondary address to a Yahoo account so I could get them on my small netbook computer while away from home. Now there is less work.

Way to go Groundspeak
Technic

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: PQ's to 1000 Reply with quote

Also, newly posted along with the PQs you have ordered, the que also includes a column to indicate how many waypoints are in each PQ. They are stored there for up to 7 days, and if, for example you forgot how many waypoints you had in a certain PQ, you can always go back to find out, within the 7 day period.

This helped me the other day when I overloaded my Dakota and when I turned it on it told me it had choked on too many cachees. I reviewed my list in GC.com and deleted as many as I needed to delete. BTW, I don't know which, if any, caches didn't show up on my Dakota as I cached all the way from Kamloops to Lethbridge and saw caches all the way.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: PQ's to 1000 Reply with quote

What I like now is the ability to use the same PQ on different PC's, can download them easily to the work lap-top if needed.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: PQ's to 1000 Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
What I like now is the ability to use the same PQ on different PC's, can download them easily to the work lap-top if needed.

I keep GSAK and all its files in my Dropbox ... that way I always have access to the files no matter which computer I'm using Very Happy

If anyone needs a Dropbox referral, here's a link: (an extra 250 MB for you and me both!) Dropbox

Cache stats and map
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: PQ's to 1000 Reply with quote

But if the pq's are listed on your profile, you can just go there and download them. Groundspeak keeps them for a week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1