CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» METRO VANCOUVER REGIONAL PARKS
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Urban wildlife in B.C.
Urban wildlife in B.C.:  [?] . Wildlife big and small, urban and remote abound throughout B.C., even Skunks! [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» METRO VANCOUVER REGIONAL PARKS
toplefttopfilltopright
METRO VANCOUVER REGIONAL PARKS

Go to page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jangor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: METRO VANCOUVER REGIONAL PARKS Reply with quote

If you have a Nexus card, you have gone through a CRC in both the US and Canada. Does that qualify?
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: METRO VANCOUVER REGIONAL PARKS Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
Who pays for a check? I for instance have a Dept of Defense Accreditation for my work, and a background check done a couple of years ago for a community patrol, one of which I might be able to find the docs. But most people don't actually have a certificate to show they have been checked. It gets done, you are told you are ok, and thats usually where it ends.

It's funny because all the police forces differ. I did mine through the RCMP in Chilliwack and they didn't even ask me for any money, yet when Kelly did his through the Abbotsford Police, he had to pay. You would think that it would be the same across the board.

Ultimately, MVP has stated that they will reimburse the BCGA for any costs related to a CRC.
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: METRO VANCOUVER REGIONAL PARKS Reply with quote

I have to do one yearly with the City of Surrey, that is their policy. Yet in another organization I belong to, we require the CRC to be done once every five years.

Most organizations require you do a CRC for them as they get the paperwork. So have a nexus or being a teacher doesn't matter because they want originals. If something happens then they can prove right away that you have been checked.

Most people will not do a CRC if they know there is something there in their background. So if you haven't been bad and you have had one done before it is no problem.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: METRO VANCOUVER REGIONAL PARKS Reply with quote

I understand some cachers have been contacted and asked to participate in the Pacific Spirit Park session. This leads me to believe you might not need the rest of us who have volunteered. Is there an update?
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: METRO VANCOUVER REGIONAL PARKS Reply with quote

You're correct hollyburn, we do have enough volunteers for the Pacific Spirit Park class. I had posted an update on April 9 to let everyone know that Mr. Green

Teddy2k wrote:
Just to give everyone a quick update, it looks like we have enough volunteers for the May 8 session at Pacific Spirit Park.

<snip>

We are still looking for volunteers for the other 2 sessions (June 5 - Capilano, June 26 - Campbell Valley). If you think you'll be available, please let us know.
hollyburn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: METRO VANCOUVER REGIONAL PARKS Reply with quote

I incorrectly assumed that all of us who originally volunteered for PSP would be required. So to clarify for anyone else that volunteered.... you are not needed if you didn't get an email
peppermintpatti53

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: METRO VANCOUVER REGIONAL PARKS Reply with quote

If you need any more volunteers.. contact me and the other WildThingy's -Natureowl & Laphamclan - I just never check the forums... more so lately.. saw this and thought.. gee... now I know where to find out if help is needed at events, etc.. duh.... we often wondered. Just too busy lately with other things.. now more time... soooo.. if you need The WildThingy's let us know.
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: METRO VANCOUVER REGIONAL PARKS Reply with quote

hollyburn wrote:
I incorrectly assumed that all of us who originally volunteered for PSP would be required. So to clarify for anyone else that volunteered.... you are not needed if you didn't get an email

I'm sorry to have caused any confusion with you. I have now contacted all of the remaining individuals who offered to help at the PSP class to let them know that we've got enough volunteers for it.

Regarding the Capilano River class, I have contacted katcogo and Aerodoq as they were the first to chime in. WildThingy's, I'll be in touch if we need you.

Campbell Valley is still a ways away, but I've got HwyGuy, savant9, Chewy_06 and katcogo on my list of available people so far. I'll be in touch when we're ready to start organizing for it.
marmi_and_tas

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: METRO VANCOUVER REGIONAL PARKS Reply with quote

Hollyburn, want to go caching instead then? lol
HwyGuy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: METRO VANCOUVER REGIONAL PARKS Reply with quote

Ted - does this mean I will have to learn to use one of those Garmin ETrex thingies?? lol I might have to enroll in the classes - not help out.
Bestred

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: METRO VANCOUVER REGIONAL PARKS Reply with quote

they might want to fix their June 26th one on their site as it just says 4 pm not 2-4 pm

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains
Page 2 of 2