CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Thompson / Okanagan —» Garmin Oregon 450t-Canada???
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Georgina Point Lighthouse
Georgina Point Lighthouse:  [?] . Now a heritage site, the Georgina Point Lighthouse on Mayne Island has been lighting the way through Active Pass since 1885. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Thompson / Okanagan —» Garmin Oregon 450t-Canada???
toplefttopfilltopright
Garmin Oregon 450t-Canada???

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Thompson / Okanagan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoodscoop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Garmin Oregon 450t-Canada??? Reply with quote

So I think I have settled on the Garmin Oregon 450t-Canada. Ya, I know, I am going a little more pricey than I had planned.
Am looking for any feedback on what people think of this one. It looked pretty good on GPScity, and it seems to come with a basemap and topo-Canada. I was looking at some of these topo maps, and they pretty much make the difference in cost from the Oregon 200 and the one I'm getting.
Please tell me what you think, as I can always send it back if it's a huge mistake.
Thanks Shifty
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon 450t-Canada??? Reply with quote

200T @ costco is $299. Only difference is internal memory is smaller, and the 200t can't to unit-to-unit transfer (a feature you probably will never need to use). It still has microsd so you can load a lot of POI's on it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon 450t-Canada??? Reply with quote

CB, as soon as you say 'probably will never need to use' it's the first thing you miss! Jester

I met coast2coast2coast at a FTF one day and invited him to join me for a couple more caches before we headed our separate ways. We both had unit-to-unit capable to GPS units and so I 'beamed' him the two caches we were going to find and off we went!
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon 450t-Canada??? Reply with quote

Well, its certainly a nice-to-have, but not something that would be needed all the time, as you can always enter coord's the old fashioned way! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon 450t-Canada??? Reply with quote

When we bought or 200 at Costco ($299) it came with the Topo Canada maps. Not sure if they are still included but it might be worth checking. Yes indeed CB, the old fashioned way of entering a couple of waypoints works just fine and to us didn't justify the extra cost, even for a 300.
LordEd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon 450t-Canada??? Reply with quote

The costco oregon 200 includes topo maps.

You will also need a SD card, but you can get a fairly large one for $20 or less.
Hoodscoop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon 450t-Canada??? Reply with quote

I guess my problem with the Oregon 200 is that my Costco card has expired and I don't wanna pay the extra $60 in order to get this GPS. Also, in all of the stores that I have gone to (as well as online), they no longer sell the 200, so am wondering if the 200 is slowly being phased out. I figured the 450t has all the bells and whistles except the camera - which I don't need. This seems to be a fairly new version of the Oregon line, so I thought I would be getting a fair amount of years of good use out of it. And, I liked the idea of being able to communicate with other Oregons at an event or something like that, as that is what I would eventually like to be doing.
I did also order and extra SD card for this unit as well.
LordEd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon 450t-Canada??? Reply with quote

Any of the oregon series should be fine. I have no information on the above 200 models aside that they should work in a similar fashion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Thompson / Okanagan
Page 1 of 1