CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Glass House
Glass House:  [?] . After 35 years in the Funeral business, David H. Brown built his retirement home with 500,000 embalming fluid bottles. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement
toplefttopfilltopright
BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement
Topics will be autocreated here when someone clicks on the "start the discussion" links in news items.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

The BCGA is excited to announce the official dates for the 2010 Cache Blitz. There have been a few modifications since the last announcement from scruffster on December 16, 2009.   full article.
Restless10101

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

I was wondering if there is a list of categories for the blitz?

Restless
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

The categories used in 2009 were as follows:

Camouflage/Disguise
Innovation
Hike
View/Scenery
Educational Spot and/or Cache Page
Cache Page Creativity
Puzzle
Environmental Awareness
Night Cache

Any changes for 2010 (if there are any) will be announced soon.
Restless10101

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

Will cacher be limited on how many caches they can enter for the Blitz?

Restless
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

I don't have an answer for that question right now, but will have it once the remaining details are announced.
koakai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

So we going to format the launch events as 10 years events? I want that new icon on my find count. Smile

bit.ly/aQ12Gp
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

Very interesting! That's the first that I've heard of that. We'll definitely look into it!
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

Were going to try and make them official 10 year new Icon events. We just need to confirm that we can add to the end of the required name to include "& BCGA 2010 Blitz launch". Or something to that effect.
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

My understanding is that the fancy new icon is for the map only.

i.e- "Those who attend these events will earn the standard Event icon."
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

Ahhh, but maybe the 10 Year Event will give us a new icon.

"there are a few additional guidelines that you will need to follow if you wish your event to qualify for a 10 Years! cache type icon"

That would be interesting!
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

Here at the GCGV we have already planned for 10 Years! Victoria, BC on May 1. The listings are ready to go to the queue as soon as we cross our 't's and dot our 'i's with our reviewer.

We have two 10 Years! events in the works, both on the same day Party Hat Coonskin Hat at the same location (a BC Park).

We have been discussing it online in our manager forums for a few weeks and had a face-to-face with 10 of us last Friday to nail some of the details and form committees so we could go public with our plans soon.

If you want some Cache Blitz propaganda made available to the attendees, we can certainly accommodate!
anakerose

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

LordEd and I are planning to host an even for the Blitz and the 10 year anniversary in Kelowna. I already started a cache page for it. Is there some kind of template or protocol I should be following?
Thanks
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

anakerose wrote:
LordEd and I are planning to host an even for the Blitz and the 10 year anniversary in Kelowna. I already started a cache page for it. Is there some kind of template or protocol I should be following?
Thanks

The BCGA blitz committee is meeting this weekend to iron out the details of the 2010 blitz. We had an idea of combining them with the ten year celebration also, however we have started to notice a few events coming up already for this so will make a decision on that shortly with an answer early next week.

As for your blitz event that would depend on what your ideas for your event would be. The BCGA will be having representatives from many areas hosting a launch event which would include the relaying of the rules and categories and such as well as a wrap up event to celebrate winners ect. Those event pages will most likely have a template for them and will be similarly run.

I will bring up your question to the committee and find out who the rep is for your area to see if they can contact you to answer your questions.
anakerose

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

Thanks,
The reason I asked is as far as I know there is no BCGA rep in Kelowna anymore. Michael and I volunteered to be a community contact after being contacted by couloir. It doesn't have to be a Blitz event for the one here. We've never hosted an event so maybe just doing a 'birthday party' type event for our first one would be a better idea. I know a local radio personality and she's an ex-geocacher so I'm sure I could get some media coverage for it.
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

are micros allowed as parts of multi's again?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

We are meeting tonight to discuss this question and more. Should be able to inform you all very very soon.
adroit_seeker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

I have not been around in here for some time I am glad to see how the voting period has changed. I believe that to be a positive approach. It will allow for a more time for people to go out of there way to find the Blitz caches. Last year I simple ran out of time to get to them all.

When would we be expecting the vote link that we can add to our cache pages?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

TESKELLY wrote:
We are meeting tonight to discuss this question and more. Should be able to inform you all very very soon.
Anything to clarify???

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

I should have posted this earlier but one thing that might help with the voting tabulation is extending the system (worst to best) from a scale of five to a scale of ten.

In the past, I found that I was a bit harsh with some caches due to the fact that I voted another cache I considered better just as average. So, I felt I was voting decent caches lower on the scale than I should have. When a cache has a lot of votes I guess it doesn't matter but it might change the outcome if the cache has few votes.

Yes, bad me. I've learned my lesson. I think I'll hold off on voting until I have a decent number of caches under my belt. Then I will make sure I'm much more fair. I just thought a larger scale might help.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

again, are micros allowed as parts of multis?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat wrote:
again, are micros allowed as parts of multis?

They are allowed as waypoints in a multi as long as the final is a small or larger.
CASM327

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

How strict are the rules on getting a cache added as a B10 cache?

I ask because I had a really interesting night cache that came out at 8 o'clock on Saturday May 1st. This cache came out the night we had a second 10Years! Event. The problem is I may have missed your timeline by 4 hours but I think I should be included because it was published the day the Event started.

Any suggestions or things I can do to have this cache include as the Blitz cache?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

That was a fun cache to FTF too! Party Hat

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

T minus 2 days till blastoff!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

T minus 1 day. Coming soon to a trail near many of you.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

Lotus Land Cacher - you did read the part that says there is no prize for most caches placed didn't you?
Lotus Land Cacher

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 Cache Blitz - Finalized Timeline Announcement Reply with quote

katcogo wrote:
Lotus Land Cacher - you did read the part that says there is no prize for most caches placed didn't you?

Sorry Katcogo, I would love to talk but have to hide some more caches.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions
Page 1 of 1