CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Cache Eye
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Rocky Mountaineer
Rocky Mountaineer:  [?] . The Rocky Mountaineer heading north along Howe Sound. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
October 2014
SMTWTFS
01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08 09 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31

Fri Oct 31, 2014
Event Halloween

Tue Nov 11, 2014
Event Remembrance Day

Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Cache Eye
toplefttopfilltopright
Cache Eye
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chilcotinsam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Cache Eye Reply with quote

Has anyone used this program yet? Is it useful? I saw it advertised on facebook and apparently its a free program but I just didnt want to download it incase it really wasnt usefull. So just looking for otheres comments first.
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Eye Reply with quote

Google searched it and then searched for it on Facebook came up empty. Provide a link to the home page then perhaps someone (like me) might download it and give you a review.
tjguy98

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Eye Reply with quote

Google worked using the words "cache eye geocaching".
Here's the link......
www.cacheye.org/panel/front

CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Eye Reply with quote

Thanks I will try it out
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Eye Reply with quote

After going through the demo and checking out the tutorial this program is simply a larger version of the cache map in Gsak. I do not see any useful items in this program that I do not already get from my geocache viewing add on to Google Earth and or very little more features than what can be done with my Garmin Mapsource application provided with my GPS unit. One nice feature I saw was the ability to restrict what information you want shown such as just traditional caches or level 2 difficulty caches only ect. The huge downside I see is the fact that you cannot upload the cache info directly rather one must rely on Gsak to do so. I do not personally like Gsak so this was a decider for me to not download the application.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1