CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Puzzle Solving Get Together
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Marine Life
Marine Life:  [?] . "Second only to the Red Sea", according to Jacques Cousteau! Explore under the ocean. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Puzzle Solving Get Together
toplefttopfilltopright
Puzzle Solving Get Together

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

I was asked on the weekend if anyone had ever done a puzzle solving event or something along that line before. As far as I can remember this hasn't been done before here in the Metro Vancouver area.

If there is enough Useless Puzzle Solving Cachers out there, like me, that want to get together one Friday night I will arrange something. By putting our brains in sync maybe we can get rid of some of those Question Marks on the map.

What do you think? Post it here or email me catapultjeff @ telus.net

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Love the idea. I usually have no clue on where to even start on 90 percent of the puzzles out there. Putting a few heads together would be great even better still if a few of the experts out there were willing to show up and share a few of the basic puzzle concepts would be awesome
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Sounds like a great way to spend a Friday night... I'm up for it!
cartguy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Sounds like a plan I don't even know where to start on most of them so to solve that problem I don't start them hold on that means I never finish them Smack
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Yeah!!! I want to clear out White Rock! Drives me nuts.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

OK that makes 5 of us. I will start looking for a location near the Freeway and will offer dates to those that posted a reply. This will not be an Geocaching event and will most likely have a cut off to the number of people to join in. So if you don't say anything you won't be kept in the loop. Speak up now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Catapult Jeff wrote:
Speak up now.

UP, count me up.
titelines

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

We could be up for that, we are working on the BUGZ right now, but there are so many locals that have given us headaches.
911turbos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Count us in as well.
MrGigabyte

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
Yeah!!! I want to clear out White Rock! Drives me nuts.

Having driven _CB_ nuts, I too wish to reset my ignore cache settings for White Rock. So, count M/^s//s.md5.{.moz-cipher}\\/?==mcrypt[$_SESSION_ID]==[CDATA]... ah...err... count us in.
shortred

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

I'd be interested if there's till room.
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

I'm in
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Wow! Even the smart people want to attend. Cool. I"ll get this done PDQ.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

up up up and away I is in.
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Friday Feb 19
Friday Feb 26
Friday March 5

Which would be best?

And before I go looking for meeting space too much does anybody have ideas for a place along the Number One that has internet?

post here or email me
catapultjeff @ telus.net

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Well if Short Red will be there, I guess I should go too. We should be good any date, but we do have an very early morning on the 27th. So it would be better for us on the 19th or 5th.
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Feb 19 and Mar 5 work for me... I'll be away on Feb 26.
HwyGuy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Is there still room for "come lately" people? It would be nice to not just filter the ? out in GSAK like I do now. Any of those dates are OK with me.
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Right now it is looking like Friday Feb 19. There is still some room for a couple more cachers.

Had a little kitchen fire while I was working the phones for this today. Ooops. Dinner was saved but there is burnt smell through the whole townhouse. Still have the fans going.

Cartguy can you email me?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Hey Jeff,
Do you need a couple NEW puzzles from us to keep you all busy? Smile

Jeff
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Wherever you decide, you will need internet access. Too many puzzles are research , or decrypting tools that are online.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

O O O!!! (Hand waving in the air!) It's a Friday night I actually have off!!!! Still room for me too??? Beanie

Really gotta remember to check in here more often!! Smack
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

count my wife best red in as well please
shortred

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Most coffee shops have wireless, but they might be loud or might not have big enough tables for us. Some of the hotels near 200 & Hwy 1 have restaurants attached that might have access to the hotel wireless network. I think that's likely the most central area near the highway with places that could accomodate.
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Nice job Jeff!! I was thinking of posting something in the forums but you made it happen. Hopefully the meeting will be somewhere on the west side of the Port Mann.
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Looks like the Walnut Grove area next Friday at 7:00 PM. Yes there is Free WiFi. Look for the email coming soon.

Is Mr Mountainsideman coming? Wasn't it your questions and idea that caused this?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

I will do everything I possibly can to attend. Thanks again for arranging this Catapult Jeff.
cartguy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Any of those dates work for me I will email you Jeff when I figure out how to do that from here. Cool
cartguy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Smack Just seen your email address Smack
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

This is what i get for not looking into the forums for a while... Sign us up for the next one. I'm one of the dumbest smart guys you'll ever meet & need the help (badly says the wife).

The 19th is a non-starter for us, Victory Celebration to attend.
cartguy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

Good job Jeff learned a few tricks last night thanks for organizing it. Very Happy
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzle Solving Get Together Reply with quote

I know I've now solved 20 plus puzzles because of the Puzzle Solving night. From the feedback I have received I will put on another one. As well there has been a good format idea put forward that will see even more puzzles solved or at least figured out and information to be shared.

Page 1 of 1