CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» BINGO BREAK
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Vancouver Island Marmot
Vancouver Island Marmot:  [?] . On the brink of extinction, spotting a Vancouver Island Marmot would be a rare event for any geocacher. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» BINGO BREAK
toplefttopfilltopright
BINGO BREAK

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: BINGO BREAK Reply with quote

As you may have noticed, there will be a little break from BINGO. As mentioned, the games went faster than anticipated and it would be impossible for the puppet masters to come up with fresh and exciting games every two weeks.

All games ended with approximately 100 BINGO cards issued. Out of those at least have the cards were filled out to some degree. There are no less than 30 dedicated players during any given game.

The first five BINGO games were very popular. They weren't without minor problems, however. So, we'd like you're input on how to make the games enjoyable for everyone.

One suggestion that will definitely be implemented in the future will be a limit on how often someone can call bingo. The last day of game 5 was Helter Skelter. Although it was exciting to see interested parties all jumping in to call bingo, it was 24 hours of constant monitoring for the BCGA staff. A lot of work by many people with very little sleep.

It would be nice to hear from the BINGO players. What would you like to see in the future and what would make the experience better for you? We'll definitely be hosting both couch potato games along with games that must be done out in the geocaching field.

One thing of interest is whether people like the games at the speed presented (a draw every 4 hours) or if we could stretch out the draws to once a day. Several fast games will result in a break between sets. Long games could allow the BCGA to have a perpetual Bingo Games throughout the year. One thing is for sure. The games will not be any faster than they are now although it might be fun to advertise and host one speed round in the summer.

Just let us know what you think. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
maxonthehunt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO BREAK Reply with quote

I like the idea of having one draw a day since some people may have a hectic work schedule and this may draw more players,,I also liked how you set up the puzzle and wacky word games, I know a few cachers that have found most of the caches in our area so it would be difficult for them to do the physical cache finds. I love how you show who is playing and when people dab their squares,the forums are hilarious and what a great way to involve everyone in B.C.
katcogo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO BREAK Reply with quote

I think all the players need as much of a break from the last game as do the puppet masters. The last 24 hrs was crazy - and I wasn't even in the running! I think it is good to limit the number of times a bingo can be called, perhaps once every 24 hrs, or give people a chance for 1 free check of their card (for puzzle bingos), then if they call an incorrect bingo they are out. This would help give a better balance between skill and luck.

The frequent draws really keeps everyone "in the game" and checking back constantly - I did not set my alarm for the overnight draws mind you . . . but it seems there are a lot of people out there who don't sleep much!

Once a day on a continuing basis would be nice too. It would still have people checking the website more frequently, and presumably checking up on the forums, news articles, calls for volunteers etc. Good way to keep the website in front of the members.

I am sure you get regular traffic reports on the website - it would be nice to compare the traffic during bingo time vs a day like today for example.

I love the games - CB's puzzle game gave me and my family a nice diversion during a difficult time.

I really appreciate all the work that goes into the games, both into the design and the operation.

Just my thoughts . . .

Thanks
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO BREAK Reply with quote

The BINGO games definitely help bring people to the forums and the website in general. The last day of Bingo "wacky wordies" saw 7093 unique page views. Most days the BCGA gets, on average, between 3500 to 4200 unique page views. So that is a bonus of about 3000.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO BREAK Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
So that is a bonus of about 3000.
And 1/2 of those was Scruffy checking your cards!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO BREAK Reply with quote

Reducing the number of draws is a good idea but during the last game it took something around 20 draws for me to get my first hit, at 1/day thats approx 3 weeks and I will probably not even notice my first hit because I will have lost interest and stopped checking by then.
RVTraveller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO BREAK Reply with quote

I'm going thru BINGO withdrawals Sick
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO BREAK Reply with quote

So is the website. We're down almost 2000 page views a day since BINGO.
maxonthehunt

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO BREAK Reply with quote

Hey bingo buddies just reminiscenting BINGO- just missed those crazy days! Hope everyone is well. Happy hunting!
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO BREAK Reply with quote

It's just not the same without the BINGO dabber! Laughing

geocachinggecko.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 1 of 1