CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Please Read the Rules
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Sphinx Tunnel
Sphinx Tunnel:  [?] . Located on the outskirks of Greenwood, a rail underpass was unearthed during construction of a new highway creating a sphinx-like ruin along the Trans Canada Trail. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Please Read the Rules
toplefttopfilltopright
Please Read the Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Please Read the Rules Reply with quote

I'd just like to remind everyone to read the rules of the Game.

Some of you have been logging caches found weeks and months ago. In the rules it clearly states that the geocaches have to be new and found AFTER the task was drawn.

If you feel you've made an honest mistake please contact Scruffster and I'll clear the square for you. You can't do it yourself.

Bad bad bad geocachers. Yes, you are bad and should be spanked.
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Read the Rules Reply with quote

I know I'm one of the culprits, but I'm sure I just cleared the squares myself, wait a second, I don't even qualify for bingo.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Please Read the Rules Reply with quote

Just wondering about Travel bugs - the rules state that the tasks have to be done on the day or after the day the new game started, so what about travel bugs that I picked up before the game started, but have not yet placed? If I have to move a TB 25 km, is the task done when I place the tb in a new cache, 25 km or more away from where I picked it up, or does that task include the date when I picked it up?
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Read the Rules Reply with quote

The rules state that the "action" has to take place after the draw (square turns green on your card). This is done because I wouldn't like to see British Columbians hoarding travel bugs for weeks on end in the hopes that their bug will come up. Although we will be a bit lax with rules in this game it will be best that people do any action, including picking up TB's after the draw matches their card.
kittyclan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Read the Rules Reply with quote

Ok Thanks for the info! Touque
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Read the Rules Reply with quote

I think you can clear out the TB or GC number on your own when you edit the card.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Read the Rules Reply with quote

This seems as good a place as any to ask...

I had my game 3 card bookmarked and between visits the game was won so that when I came back again I now had a game 4 (double cross) card without actually having to go to the "create your card" place. So the question is, was this just a result of my having the bookmark or do I not have to create the card for every game?
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Read the Rules Reply with quote

Game 4 (blackout -- called 3+ by CB) was a continuation of game #3 so you didn't have to create a new card.

Do you have a card for Wacky Wordies? That is the game we are doing now. The Double cross and double cross blackout games have all been won.
Mr Kaswa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Read the Rules Reply with quote

I realized later that I had used the wrong game number, I had meant that I seemed to get a new card for the Whacky words thing without trying. However I may have to stand corrected on that as well as there is a possibility that my account was accessed (not with explicit permission but also not in any real violation of anything either just some curiosity on their part and some carelessness on mine, still....passwords to be changed and all that!) during the time after the previous game had been won but before I checked and so they may have created a card for the new game in that time.
nenners

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Read the Rules Reply with quote

Mr Kaswa wrote:
I realized later that I had used the wrong game number, I had meant that I seemed to get a new card for the Whacky words thing without trying. However I may have to stand corrected on that as well as there is a possibility that my account was accessed (not with explicit permission but also not in any real violation of anything either just some curiosity on their part and some carelessness on mine, still....passwords to be changed and all that!) during the time after the previous game had been won but before I checked and so they may have created a card for the new game in that time.

I have played (or attempted) all of the games using the exact same bookmark. Only the game changed.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Please Read the Rules Reply with quote

There is only 1 url, it will play the most current game, and generates a new card the first time in. Otherwise you'd still be hunting caches from the first game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 1 of 1