CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Urban wildlife in B.C.
Urban wildlife in B.C.:  [?] . Wildlife big and small, urban and remote abound throughout B.C., even Skunks! [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vnm747

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs Reply with quote

Some geocachers have a great talent with words, and take a cache log to the next level. Here is my favorite by legacypac after finding GC13DT4.

#699 for us and a worthy hide. Checked trees, checked bushes, checked fence posts, checked transformer, checked more fences, checked for holes in the ground, checked the washrooms, checked under the car (GPS thought we parked on it for a little while), checked my pockets, checked with my partner... checked some more... yup it's there alright... in one of the places we checked. tfth
hollyburn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs Reply with quote

Yes I recall that log. Yes I recall that cache. I got stood up several times when the cache didn't show up. Yes I checked all those things too and found the cache in one of the places I had checked right off. Kudos to those creative cachers out there.
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs Reply with quote

One of my favourite logs was for our shoe tree cache.
The cache itself is tucked into a rubber boot on the tree.

Log for GC19J6Z Good 4 your sole
curnew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs Reply with quote

This was a good log from Adroit Seeker on our Night Cache:
www.geocaching.com/see...bd004fd43d

Adroit Seeker found The Finger (Night Cache) (GC1R239)

Went out and met up with several other cachers after the local Meet N Greet event that Grafinator put on. Went with the CO in case we got lost - too bad gotlost001 did not come out or i could have said we "Got Lost" on our way . A nice dark clear night to do a night cache. Lots of fun by all - I guess you can say it is the only time I say with a smile - Thanks Curnews for giving me the Finger!
MsChief-Gps_y

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs Reply with quote

And there are a lot of terrific logs written. Too many for me to list here.
Kudo's to those who take the time to write a decent log. It's one of a cache owner's rewards: a good read. Beside re-hiding their cache responsibly, this is one of the nicest thing you can do to thank a placer.
I love reading the logs after I've found a cache looking not just for what others experienced but the creative, witty logs I find. Some have made me laugh so hard I teared up. And some were educational in such an interesting way. I'll return months later to see what great logs might have shown up since.
Personalizing a log is a great way to recall a hide if my memory needs jogging.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs Reply with quote

Laughed out loud when I first saw this one: 'A quick find while in Richmond today. I pulled up nearby and was happy to note I was only 5 meters away from the cache. Then I noticed a closer spot. Blast! There's 2 meters of walking I did not have to do! ;)'

Log by Cuddlefish after finding GC1ZXAB
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs Reply with quote

Thanks for noticing that Vnm747.

I'm one of those people that go the extra mile with my logs to amuse the cache owners.

I enjoyed the log I wrote for Hmsherlic Speaks: www.geocaching.com/see...d1e38f0908

And I even wrote poetry for Pearlwind: www.geocaching.com/see...c29ef0b651

I loved the beginning of one of Hollyburn's logs (for your cache, Vnm) where, after a long rain filled walk, she discovered she was 2TF. She wrote "I hate geocaching. Ask me why!"

Come on guys, show me some more...
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs Reply with quote

Another favourite log on Pearlwind's MacGyver Cache by _canadianbacon_:
www.geocaching.com/see...1efc715b80
HighMaintenance

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs Reply with quote

Huggy Junior's: Fourteen GC1B1AF

The following two entries are by far for me the most hilarious in any cache logs I have read...I hope it's okay for me to post them here..

"The Huggies were out for a walk the other day. As we wandered through the forest, a strange man in a top hat approached us. As he passed by, he said nothing, but handed us a torn piece of parchment."

the parchment read..

GET BUSY, A NEW FIND I HIDE
A QUIVERING TREE BENDS OVER AND DIES

a note: April 17, 2008 by the frisbee team (1241 found)

This puzzle is easy to decipher! It simply reads "Get Bus E and you find 1 Haida quiver in tree. Bend over and die. We'd have it by now but we're trying to figure out the way around the booby trap!
Then a find:
April 20, 2008 by MrGigabyte (8771 found)

I think the frisbee team has pretty much said it all. Smile
tjguy98

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs Reply with quote

One of my favourites is a log by HighMaintenance at GCXJ57; I still chuckle over that one.
Laughing

Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs Reply with quote

Here's one I just read by Quigley Jones on a cache I found today, GCQR2F.

A nice brisk walk, Will have to do number two now.

I don't think it is meant to say what I think it says.

Jester Jester
vnm747

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs Reply with quote

Ah yes, the SSIM series. btw, I need to do number one!
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: The Lighter Side...Favorite Logs Reply with quote

vnm747 wrote:
Laughed out loud when I first saw this one: 'A quick find while in Richmond today. I pulled up nearby and was happy to note I was only 5 meters away from the cache. Then I noticed a closer spot. Blast! There's 2 meters of walking I did not have to do! ;)'

Log by Cuddlefish after finding GC1ZXAB

The CO got a kick out of that one too. She read it to me when the email came in... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1