CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» 2 Oregon 300 questions
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Rogers Pass Cenotaph
Rogers Pass Cenotaph:  [?] . The Rogers Pass Cenotaph is dedicated to the completion of the Trans Canada Highway on September 3, 1962. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» 2 Oregon 300 questions
toplefttopfilltopright
2 Oregon 300 questions
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coast2coast2coast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: 2 Oregon 300 questions Reply with quote

Hello

I have had my Oregon 300 for some time now and I'm pretty good at figuring how to work its features… However, 2 things have eluded me so far.

1) I travel quite a bit. When I “wake up” the GPSr far from where it went to “sleep”, I can’t figure how to force it to a new location. I have had several Gamins and up till now it was easy to force it to the new location. It’s probably easy to do but I have not yet figured it out.

2) Not sure if this is a bug or not and I hope I can describe it right but when I want to “go to” a new location (off road) I plug in where I want to go and hit “GO” I get a nice big fat pink line on the map going straight to the location… That’s fine except that, that straight line stays there. Now as we all know in caching the shortest way to a cache is never a straight line. When I walk to the location and I move away from the original straight line it stays there. I still have a smaller line that always point directly to the “Go To” location no matter where I am but that big fat line is still there… I find it irritating. When I am close to the original fat line and I zoom in it can hide some features. How do I get rid of the big fat pink line???

I hope I explained the second point right. Is it a “Feature” if so can I turn it off. If it is a bug I will tell Garmin.

Thanks

C2C2C
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 Oregon 300 questions Reply with quote

1) The only way to "force" it to go to the new location is to let it sit with a view of the sky until it locks onto the GPS satellites. It may take some time if you're quite far away from where it last had a satellite lock.

2) What you've explained there sounds like what my nuvi does when I set it to "Off Road". Are you using City Navigator maps or have it set to the "Automotive" profile perchance?

You might find your answer on this site, as well as lots of other information.

garminoregon.wikispaces.com/
anakerose

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 Oregon 300 questions Reply with quote

We have the Oregon 300 as well. I actually like that pink line especially when you're going a distance between caches.
Oliverthenakedbear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Oregon 300 questions Reply with quote

I agree with Teddy2k regarding question #2.

You have to adjust your setting to "offtrail". If you have the automobile/car profile, you may not want to do that. Switch to geocache profile and see if they have offtrail for one of the settings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1