CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #3 - "Double Cross"
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Revelstoke
Revelstoke:  [?] . Carved Grizzlies frame a town square in Revelstoke. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
October 2014
SMTWTFS
01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08 09 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Fri Oct 31, 2014
Event Halloween

Tue Nov 11, 2014
Event Remembrance Day

Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #3 - "Double Cross"
toplefttopfilltopright
Game #3 - "Double Cross"

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

After discussing the proposal to extend this game to a black-out, we the 'puppet masters' think that's a great idea.

So after "double cross' is done, the draws will continue until the first complete and correct full card is made.

BUT. (there is always a but)....

Sorry to say the Double Cross Winner will not be eligible for a prize on the Black-out, as most likely they will have a lot of correct squares, and will have had those squares validated from the Double Cross Game.

Which brings us to the 2nd 'but'.
A player who calls a black-out has one and only one chance to call the game. Your card is correct or not. No feedback. So the first person to get the locations as I intended will be the winner. Looking at the current guesses I'd say that people are getting into my head (or sharing maybe?) and coming up with the right places.

Good Luck!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

...so much for celebrating my good luck in having a particularly nasty one landing on a corner square...

D'oh!
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

That is not nasty! 2 Google queries and it will be obvious! Smile That probably just confused you more, but once you get their you will go 'duh' . Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

obvious you say...

that's like seeing dozens of "quick easy finds" logged on a cache you just spent 2 freaking hours NOT finding....

Ive tried several google queries. A handful of yahoo ones & wikipedia ones too... I'm going to try the beer induction technique tonight to see if that helps! LOL
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Oh, did you draw the one about beer? Yes there is one of those too!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

there's one about beer?!? J/K - yeah, that was an EASY one... unlike some of the other bizarre and eclectic ones Ive seen so far!!
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Yeh, I think I was on a few beers by the time I made up those ones!

Actually I'm quite impressed with the puzzle solving abilities our our members. At first a few were 'what the heck' but over time I think the players have gotten the idea of what I was trying to achieve. Though the one non too famous place I added was because my wife is from there. It somewhat known, but not in pop culture like most of these places.

Any guesses what one (without giving it away please).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Thank you for continuing the game, we love it!
Just a question, if you call Bingo for double cross and you are wrong and another person wins, can you still play the black out?
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

I love the "Has dabbed a square!" thing. The only problem is that I can't see anything else on my computer screen now that I have "dabbed" my bingo card. Jester

Yes I am blond going slightly grey Laughing

geocachinggecko.blogspot.com/
adroit_seeker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Chewy_06 wrote:
...so much for celebrating my good luck in having a particularly nasty one landing on a corner square...

D'oh!

Yeah! I now have three of the 4 corner squares done Rolling Eyes
No good for the Double Cross, but primed for the Black Out!
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Gecko Cacher wrote:
I love the "Has dabbed a square!" thing. The only problem is that I can't see anything else on my computer screen now that I have "dabbed" my bingo card. Jester

Yes I am blond going slightly grey Laughing

Ya know, at first I thought you were reporting a bug, then I got it. Yeh I was having a blonde moment too! Lets hope the ink spots are on an old CRT monitor and you will be getting a nice 22" LCD for Christmas!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

If it was a zig zag from one corner to another, I could have won today. Touque
adroit_seeker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

How do you know what time the next draw is going to be?
ekroamer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

adroit_seeker wrote:
How do you know what time the next draw is going to be?

"A single draw will happen every four hours."

I believe they start at midnight each day.
curnew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Sad still holding strong at 6+center solved.... however, still 6 away from bingo..
*yawn*
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

If you follow BCGeocaching on twitter, you can figure out the schedule,
but its every four hours @ 2,6,10,14,18,22 hours.
Not so say I might throw in a Christmas Bonus Draw now and then.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

curnew wrote:
:( still holding strong at 6+center solved.... however, still 6 away from bingo..
*yawn*
Glad to know my code works as it should..
if ($name == 'curnew' && $draw_matches)
{
redrawCard();
}

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

You forgot...

if new card is better than the last one draw another card until fewer matches are present. **snarfle**
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Hey CB,

Here is the problem I am having with Game#3. I have included a couple of pictures from my computer. Hope you can help me.

Gecko

Teddy2k

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

LOL that's hilarious GC! I fixed up your post so that the images show as intended Mr. Green
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

I have the same problem except mine are flower stickers
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

My wife says we are silly and to just use good old fashion bingo daubers as you can wash it off afterwards Smack
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

I LOVE it. Daubing the screen. **teehee**
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Gecko Cacher wrote:
Hey CB,

Here is the problem I am having with Game#3. I have included a couple of pictures from my computer. Hope you can help me.

Gecko

I opened up your images to perform a diagnostic, and saw nothing but dots on my screen when I tried to google the solution. I think I caught a virus from you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Oh no! I have another square to dab! Crying or Very sad

Glad you liked my Friday night, 6 days until Christmas humor. I hope Santa brings me more Bingo Dabbers! Jester

GC

scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
Gecko Cacher wrote:
Hey CB,

Gecko

I opened up your images to perform a diagnostic, and saw nothing but dots on my screen when I tried to google the solution. I think I caught a virus from you.

And what is the first thing CanadianBacon does??? He sends the photos to me. Oh my, we're all going to be daubed!!!
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
_canadianbacon_ wrote:
Gecko Cacher wrote:
Hey CB,

Gecko

And what is the first thing CanadianBacon does??? He sends the photos to me. Oh my, we're all going to be daubed!!!

Pick me up off the floor!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Nothing a little white-out can't fix!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Seems to me I have blackout! Coonskin Hat

blackout.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.03 KB
 Viewed:  11209 Time(s)

blackout.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Just checked, there is still 1 question that has not been drawn on any square, which after so many draws is quite surprising.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Just as I've known for many years..... Mr. Gecko Cacher does not have a life Jester He can be a pretty funny guy though Touque
The_Pollywog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Just pull the four proper draws next so we can end the madness.
curnew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

5 left.. Sad
jangor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

WOW...

Is that really a clue in our N5 spot or is CB just messing with the code again to watch the puppets dance?

Evil Jester
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

jangor wrote:
WOW...

Is that really a clue in our N5 spot or is CB just messing with the code again to watch the puppets dance?

Evil Jester
You mean G5? LOL.. Lots of people got that, and correctly too. You'll kick yourself when you see how simple that one is. Now I hope you don't stay up all night thinking about it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

The simple puzzles always get us in trouble. Smack
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Actually, I got that one very quickly. It's quite clever. A bit sneaky but very clever.
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

This game was way more fun when I was actually getting squares to work on.... Sad It seems like it's been forever that ive been stuck with the same sad looking card staring back at me. Oh wel;, thems the breaks I guess.

The many times reviewing no changes got me to thinking, is there any magical way to get a notification that you have a new puzzle square available?

?
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

No. Only general announcement of a draw, but not what matches your card. On Twitter. (http://twitter.com/BCGeocaching) Hosting does not like tons of email gong out, they have shut us down before on that matter as they though we were spamming, though I had to explain it was all members who actually asked for emails, but they refused to listen. Guess it's more about band-width than spamming.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

So there are 75 balls in a BINGO game.... some games have up to 90 balls... seeing as we are at draw 93 I am curious how many draws one can expect? Not that I have had a draw come up in the last 1o or so Sad

Really enjoying the game... when we can "play" that is Smile

Iflyrc2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 3 of 4