CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #3 - "Double Cross"
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Nelson B.C.
Nelson B.C.:  [?] . A town where time has seemingly stood still. Turn-of-the-century ambiance lingers in every corner. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #3 - "Double Cross"
toplefttopfilltopright
Game #3 - "Double Cross"

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

savant9 wrote:
Other than the first free square (castle), I have yet to get a draw of the 19 draws so far. CB, can you tweak the code a bit so I get a couple.....hahahah.
I am looking forward to this game, when it starts....for me.
Eventually you will get hits, and others will not, it all kind of evens out.
Now to edit Jangor's card for the one I made up for him only.... Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:

Now to edit Jangor's card for the one I made up for him only.... Twisted Evil

As long as you uncover it now, we will be happy to work on it. Any square is a good square. Laughing
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

as of now I've completed 6 squares, I hope they're all right! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

It seems a shame to have all CB's cryptic clues go to waste after someone calls a double cross BINGO and the game ends.

Is it a possibility that the game could be extended (GeoBingo 3A) until someone has a BLACKOUT?

That way we will get to see a lot more of these great puzzles.
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

jangor wrote:
It seems a shame to have all CB's cryptic clues go to waste after someone calls a double cross BINGO and the game ends.

Is it a possibility that the game could be extended (GeoBingo 3A) until someone has a BLACKOUT?

Awesome Idea
katcogo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Oh All-Seeing, All-Knowing Ones - could you give us a quick update on how people are doing? That is - are people generally identifying the correct locations/caches?

Can we also assume that these locations are all on CB's to do list?
Iflyrc2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

jangor wrote:

I also agree with this! It's a great idea, at the rate I'm going I'll never get a cross, 29 draws and I have 3 squares Crying or Very sad
nenners

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Iflyrc2 wrote:
jangor wrote:

I also agree with this! It's a great idea, at the rate I'm going I'll never get a cross, 29 draws and I have 3 squares Crying or Very sad

I'm averaging 1 square in 10 draws so unless I get one in every draw from now, no way i can win. Smile
Oldgala

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Thanks for a game us northerners can play. Now we just need some squares-- Pretty Please!!! We had fun filling the ones we have but it is only 2 pm and to cold to cache outside Maybe a new form of the sport
"Armchair caching" Big Thanks to the Inventors Touque Touque
curnew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

so far we only have 4(one corner) + the middle.
hmmm.. was there a real need for the slow down.. at this case it's gonna take will Feb to get this thing finished.. Smile so so so SOOOOOOOOOOOO much thanks.. kudos again!
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Some others are progressing along nicely, it is just the randomness of the picks and your card combined together. The good news is that because there is only 30 choices per column, you are more likely to see matches later. In the last draw it seemed to even out over the last few days before it was won.

I think even your own card seemed to fill up quickly near the end if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Uh Oh! I'm confused (as usual Nut )
This morning I worked on solving my new square . . . the one that starts with "Strike Back @ . . . " and when I got to work I see that part of the clue has now changed into something totally different!!! Should this concern me or should I just go with the new one that I have now and hope that it doesn't change again???
adroit_seeker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

I am used to playing bingo with at least 9 or more cards at a time Razz
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Once I looked at the puzzle I realized it could be solved very easily, with one cut and paste and a push of a button.

So I slightly modified it. It is essentially the same puzzle, just a different format.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

adroit_seeker wrote:
I am used to playing bingo with at least 9 or more cards at a time Razz
Well, in this game everybody is on an even field. Besides, you don't get ink on your hands in our version.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
Once I looked at the puzzle I realized it could be solved very easily, with one cut and paste and a push of a button.

So I slightly modified it. It is essentially the same puzzle, just a different format.

A-ha! I think I see an inequality here then. What it sounds like to me is that some people playing the game may have seen this puzzle in it's original format - before it was baconized.

I would humbly suggest that in the interest of fairness that it be put back to it's original format so everyone who gets it is on a level playing field.
RVTraveller

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Chewy_06 wrote:
_canadianbacon_ wrote:

A-ha! I think I see an inequality here then. What it sounds like to me is that some people playing the game may have seen this puzzle in it's original format - before it was baconized.

I would humbly suggest that in the interest of fairness that it be put back to it's original format so everyone who gets it is on a level playing field.

Well, for what it's worth I still have no idea what it means in either format Sad
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

RVTraveller wrote:
Chewy_06 wrote:
_canadianbacon_ wrote:

Well, for what it's worth I still have no idea what it means in either format Sad

I don't know what to say about that... it'll come to you i'm sure. My point is that you've seen it two ways. Someone who might get the same task now, only gets to see it one way. Smile
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

It is the EXACT same value as before.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

...but not the same format. As we know with puzzles, sometimes a subtle change can make all the difference - especially some of Adroit Seeker's puzzles!!

I think though, CB even made mention that the format was TOO easily solved in it's original presentation. Since the value didnt change (ie it wasnt an error) and since it went out that way initially, it's giving a (theoretical) advantage to some players
CaribuRoo,SkiNut and Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

So I have what is quite possibly a very dumb question ...

On the home page, under Bingo Players, there are names scrolling up with "has made a match!" underneath. Does this mean that the cache number they have entered into the green square is correct? or does it simply mean that there is a number in the green square, and it may or may not be correct?

Thanks
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

The scroll on the front page means that the contestants think they solved the problem. It doesn't necessarily mean that they have the right answer.
CaribuRoo,SkiNut and Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

OK, thank you.
adroit_seeker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
The scroll on the front page means that the contestants think they solved the problem. It doesn't necessarily mean that they have the right answer.

Ah speak for yourself Wink
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

oooooh, I think it is time to change a few GC.com call numbers on Adroit Seeker's card. **teehee** Twisted Evil
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Is there any way we can whisper Bingo and have the card checked before we shout out to the world and subsequently have ourselves labelled as inept puzzle solvers?

Not that this applies to me . . . I hope Jester
adroit_seeker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

katcogo wrote:
Is there any way we can whisper Bingo and have the card checked before we shout out to the world and subsequently have ourselves labelled as inept puzzle solvers?

If that happens just blame it on Scruffster for changing some of the GC #'s on your card. Nut

Scruffster the Jester Jester wrote:
oooooh, I think it is time to change a few GC.com call numbers on Adroit Seeker's card.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

katcogo wrote:

We will reply privatly to any Bingo Calls. Not shout out in big letters
WRONG WRONG WRONG.
The only inference in things being wrong would be the time lag between a Bingo Call, and an announcement of a winner.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Katcogo -- I can't speak for this game since CB designed it and I'm playing with everyone else. CB and I are enjoying the design process for each game and we like to play along too sometimes. I have a really crappy card, BTW.

I have game #4. Perhaps if you entice me with beads or any other shiny stuff I may look at your (or anyone's card) beforehand. But if someone officially calls BINGO and gets the stuff right in the meantime they win.

Having said that, I'm not sure if it would work. This game must be fair for everyone. OK, it's a game of chance to start with but, well, I show my ignorance every day and, well, it's good to see that others can be vulnerable too. I think perhaps the BINGO call is in order.

Besides, I may not like the shiny things you offer.
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

**giggle** @ WRONG WRONG WRONG.

CB is right. The game will always be in play until a winner is announced.
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

So I guess a person needs to be brave and have courage in their abilities of decrypting CB's wonderful clues - some of which are far more obscure than others (and some particular to a certain era of time - thank God for Google)
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Not all clues are easy. I have the advantage of knowing the guy that designed the game. And I complain on a daily basis about the difficulty of some of the puzzles. Yep Yep Yep Yep Yep. And does he give me any hints? No no no no no no.

I used to like him.
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Did I mention that I have a really bad card???
adroit_seeker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
Not all clues are easy. I have the advantage of knowing the guy that designed the game. And I complain on a daily basis about the difficulty of some of the puzzles. Yep Yep Yep Yep Yep. And does he give me any hints? No no no no no no.

I used to like him.

Sounds like it is time to have a Pork Roasting Chef
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

K
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Oh yeh. Just wait for Game #5 "Porky's Revenge" Twisted Evil
Harder riddles, all in Pig Latin!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Just want to thank the BCGA and particularly CB for a cool game. Well done!
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Im having fun with this one too - thanks

Now as for the comments about calling BINGO, i think i just thought of a tactic to delay everyone else... i'll just call BINGO. Repeatedly. which might cause everyone else to stop dead while the puppet masters, er, organizers, check out my nowhere near complete card...

Smile
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Chewy_06 wrote:
the puppet masters
Oh with compliments like that, i ought to give you a preview of some not yet drawn riddles on the current game. Though I just saw one come up first time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Yea, rub the pigs belly and you'll get anything. I wont say what you'll get if you rub his snout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 2 of 4