CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #2
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Finn Slough
Finn Slough:  [?] . First settled by Finnish settlers in the 1880s, Finn Slough is one of the most unique fishing villages in the lower mainland. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #2
toplefttopfilltopright
Game #2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Game #2 Reply with quote

Game #2 will begin shortly.

There are a few changes from game #1

Firstly, the free square will be changed to a task. The Free part is the square will be the same for everyone and be open as the game begins. We also took some player suggestions and incorporated them into game #2

The object of this game will be to fill an inner circle. Traditionally, an inner circle game in bingo consists of the eight squares surrounding the free square. However, we will accept any small square around the board. There is a total of nine possibilities. Four of the possibilities are in the pictures below...

Last edited by scruffster on Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

I clicked to grab a card on the home page, then got the rules page, clicked to make my card and it said it was unavailable. Is that ok or does CB need to jump into action?
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

CB has everything ready and was just waiting for a go ahead. I would just like to check things over first. It'll be up and running later today.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

It's opened up now. Everybody should have 'traditional cache' as center square. If not, let me know, so we can re-draw your card if there is a bug.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

This game has an automatic draw set up @ Midnight, 3AM, 6AM, 9AM, Noon, 3PM, 6PM, 9PM. Currently it is set for 1 draw at those times (but we may bump that up now and then).

Also at any time there may be extra draws, such as early mornings on weekend before you head out.

The intent is to let it run on its own and only do extra if the game is too slow.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Oooh great, more Bingo Rolling Eyes

I think I will take the night off and go fly the blimp at the Salmon Kings game. Besides I've got a bout of the flu! Hope it's not the CB type Yuck

A slightly green Gecko

geocachinggecko.blogspot.com/
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

If it's the flu, stay home!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Sorry for the temporary shutdown folks. I noticed the new logic for a common center square was sometimes drawing that task twice, and giving some players 2 'traditional caches' to do. I fixed the draw logic, cause darn if we would give you two simple ones like that! Smile

Should be up and running, if you notice a double task, let me know and I can regenerate your card.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Could you please regenerate my card with all green squares? Jester
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Wow! Surprised It's really quiet on the forums this afternoon. Everyone must be out caching in the break from the bad weather! Very Happy

_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Yeh, 14 caches, 1 bingo match. A nice beak in the weather, hopefully a few more days like today before the end of the year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

I've completed three matches including Traditional Cache all completed today and yesterday. Beanie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Hey CB!

Did you check your numbered account yet? You can start putting some green on my card any time now! LOL (yes, im kidding, but i could really use a green box or two any time now)

It feels like it's been a few days since I've had any new tasks come up!

It could be worse, i got a few more than my wife did out of the gate so while neither of us are getting any now, i'm still waay out in front of the turtle derby at our house!

Razz
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

I know, i had a few the first day, but no hits last dozen draws.
There are still some people with just the center square!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

I don't know, looking at some of the draws that have come up I'm pretty happy they haven't shown up on my card Beanie
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Yeh, I'm putting together the next game, make the skunk suffer!

Actually I'm constructing the next game. It will be doable from your couch, has a few twists in it. No hiking , walking, swimming, rock climbing or other physical activity required, other than getting a beer from the fridge.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

katcogo wrote:
I don't know, looking at some of the draws that have come up I'm pretty happy they haven't shown up on my card Beanie

After getting my first three squares at the beginning of the game I haven't seen anything else. I'm not complaining but just as glad not getting the draws RVTraveller has or some of the other doozies. Jester

Question So.....Is anyone close??

Gecko

Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

I have three squares for one circle, that's if you count "Move a trackable originating from an Asian country" which I'm finding quite hard to do!
Anyone want to mail me a TB???? Kiss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Apparently at this time we have 50 guest online... kinda odd????

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Gecko Cacher wrote:
katcogo wrote:

After getting my first three squares at the beginning of the game I haven't seen anything else. I'm not complaining but just as glad not getting the draws RVTraveller has or some of the other doozies. Jester

Question So.....Is anyone close??

Gecko

How do y ou define close? My definition right now, is not getting to the point where i can win, but rather avoiding some of those tasks that are KILLERS! Holy cow! I think that unless someone get's very lucky, this game is going to take a while!

I think i've got six or seven green boxes (including one i just got this morning after going ~3 days with nothing) and have two to complete which shouldnt be too hard - i hope.
Mumsy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

So far, our card has only 3 green squares out of 44 drawn...waiting for some more green before undertaking any tasks...Game 2 is lasting mucho longer than # 1. Nut
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Wow - you have doubled the draws for noon. Don't think that is going to help anyone! Tell me it doesn't get worse!

I can just hear CB and Scrufster giggling in the background . . .
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Oh my. Did someone push an extra draw. Who's the bad boy??? **glaring at nobody in particular**

The first game was very fast. It was done that way on purpose just to see how it goes and to see how much interest is in the game.

The general plan is to have each game last anywhere between two weeks and a month. In that way, people actually have a chance to go out and find the caches. It is much more of a skill test than a doggy doo shoot if lots of people are hunting the caches -- even the hard ones.

Yes, I am giggling behind the scenes. Remember, I can see everyone's card. And NO, I'm not spilling the beans. I will not say if anyone actually gets the required squares.

In the future, we may do a game where everyone can see other player's cards. But I am not sure if it would be a permanent thing. Seeing where everyone else is may make people stop playing even if they have a good chance of winning.

CanadianBacon has planned a very interesting game for the geocaching winter couch potato. It will be released after this game has been won.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
Oh my. Did someone push an extra draw. Who's the bad boy??? **glaring at nobody in particular**
feels the hole being burned in the back of my head

scruffster wrote:
CanadianBacon has planned a very interesting game for the geocaching winter couch potato. It will be released after this game has been won.
Yup, hopefully my little idea will not confuse the heck out of everybody, and I put in a few gameplay changes on top of the actual evil tasks you have to do.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Boy, talk about hitting every square but a circle!
Not my card, but I had to chuckle..
[Removed attachment, because of image width issues]

Last edited by _canadianbacon_ on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
katcogo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Can I trade for that card? I don't think I have had a square come up for the last 10 draws. All the draws under the "I" and only one pretty green square! I worry that there is some very special task waiting for me! Beanie
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

That card been like that a long time too. We were emailing each other about it and it was remarkable how quickly it had that many hits, but not many for a day and a half. Just shows you how the games randomness plays out.

No worries, this person is not out for coins.. Just the fame! "I beat Scruffy's Game".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Do you think that person will garner fame? I see no red check marks on the card.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
Do you think that person will garner fame? I see no red check marks on the card.
That is the thing about having that many matches, a lot of odd tasks to do.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

OK.. who will put a very simple puzzle cache, near my house or work and phone me when it is published. FTF Geez Scruff!

(I'm only playing for fun BTW, no intent to post a Bingo).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

I'll trade you a traditional for a puzzle FTF!

Unless that is all you have left to do . . .

I spent an hour looking for a cache with an Asian coin, now I just have to wait till I have the time to drive the 30+ km to grab it. I actually found one a couple of months ago and but it seems to be lost in someone's bedroom.

What's next - FTF on a puzzle cache with 10 or more DNFs that is wheelchair accessible, recommended at night, with horses allowed?

You guys are Jester
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Quote::
What's next - FTF on a puzzle cache with 10 or more DNFs that is wheelchair accessible, recommended at night, with horses allowed?

Thanks for the idea, Katcogo!!! Now everyone will know who to blame when that comes up in game 4. **snarfle**

If the games were too easy they'd be finished in a weekend. One or two hard tasks make the game a bit more based on skill than luck.

Looking over the cards it looks like more people are getting involved every day. That's good to see. A lot of people are poised to win if only they could get a few more green squares.
hawk-dive

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

So how is everyone else doing on their bingo card? 91 draws now and I still only have 8 green spots. If those 8 were all in the right spots it would be great, but no such luck Yuck Out of the 9 possible square's, I still need 3 more spots on one of them and four or more on the other 8. Has anyone got a card worse than that?
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

I thought I'd give everyone some stats. I added up the first 40 cards and came up with....

Most green squares on a card -- 17
The least green squares on a card -- 8
Overall average -- 12

Most people have between 11 and 13 green squares at this point in time.
r0adki1l

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

As of now I have 13 open and 2 completed.
We just had our 3rd and final baby boy on Dec 2 and it's been a lil hard to get "permission " to go out.
Geuss it will be a bit before I get him started caching lol ;P
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

r0adki1l wrote:
We just had our 3rd and final baby boy on Dec 2 and it's been a lil hard to get "permission " to go out.

Wow, you have the ability to choose the sex! Are the next few going to be girls now! Wink LOL.

Sorry, I could not resist!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

I've been sitting back and taking it easy for this game. Looking at my card now it seems that if I get "lucky" Laughing the next two draws I could complete my circle. I might just have to plan a night expedition when I get home.

What's the chances of winning two games in a row?? Hummm Cookie Monster

Geck

_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

Since I have eliminated myself the the game, because of insider information, I am not actively pursuing my squares. I am casually playing along just for the fun. Woke up this morning with a green circle, and surprisingly no 'killer' tasks. But time is limited , and it is dark early so I'm not counting on getting it done. As Scruff kind of indicated there a plenty of people with many green squares. Not many have recorded finds on them. Still opportunity for anybody to win this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #2 Reply with quote

r0adki1l wrote:
As of now I have 13 open and 2 completed.
Geuss it will be a bit before I get him started caching lol ;P

Congrats on the little new one. Glad those days are over for us. Two grandsons now and they are much easyer than your own LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 1 of 1