CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» BINGO Testing & Bug Reports
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Racoon
Racoon:  [?] . Curiosity and ingenuity have earned the racoon's reputation as a geocache's primary non-human muggle. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» BINGO Testing & Bug Reports
toplefttopfilltopright
BINGO Testing & Bug Reports

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

Bug Reporting:
I whipped off the game in several hours, so if any obvious bugs show up, please let me add to this thread so I can look into it.

Last edited by _canadianbacon_ on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
nenners

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

my game 2 card is showing the text underneath the ? box. So I can see what my whole card is.
nenners

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

nenners wrote:
my game 2 card is showing the text underneath the ? box. So I can see what my whole card is.

I refreshed and its gone now. As I've seen some of my boxes, do I need a new card?
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

If you want one, I'll do it for you. Must have been my debug code I had for a bit! . Lucky you!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
If you want one, I'll do it for you. Must have been my debug code I had for a bit! . Lucky you!

Doesnt matter to me. I only remember few of them.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

well, let's do it. You may get lucky!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

ok Touque
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

Does everyone get at least one square opened a day? Or do some days you get nothing?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

There at 38 unique 'quests' in Game 2.
Your card has 25 of those 38, randomly put on your card, everybody has a different card.

The draws are 1 of the 38, under B or I or N or G or O.
So yes a 'small' cache could be drawn, but it might not be under the letter where it is on your card.

Every 'quest' can be drawn under every letter once.
You will see 'small cache' show up on draws under different letters. in one game.

There is no logic to make sure everybody get's a match, it is totally random.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

TASKS 38 X BINGO (5) = 190

Does that mean for every draw someone has a 1 chance in 190 possibilities to get a green square??? **teehee** I need a math expert. I know it has to be more complicated than that. I hate to show my ignorance but I barely scraped through statistics in University.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

A green square yes, a pattern match.. well odds are much larger.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

Added draws to twitter so you an be tempted when out and about.
BCGA Twitter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

Hi CB,

Can you please look at my better half's card? he handle is chris&riley - she's telling me her center square is a little more challenging than a "traditional"

Thanks
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

**teehee** I noticed that too. People that picked up a card recently got "significant hike" as the task in their middle square. It should be all corrected. Everyone's middle square should be "Traditional cache"

Just a wee bug.
nenners

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
**teehee** ... Just a wee bug.

Spider is spinning its web in the programming? lol
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

I fixed it. Redrew some cad, that had no other picks, fixed cards that had wrong center pick..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

for game 2.
I had two tiles under the n
now I only have the free space.
I did have , Move a TB 25k or more
2009-11-28 15:00:04. at the top of n but no longer appears.
geodug

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

I wonder if there is a hiccup in the randomness of the draw. My card is in the centre of the card with no green squares so far except for the free one.

That means all the draws have been outside perimeter squares or has something gone wrong?

I am dying to find something but no green squares for me.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

jaymmzzs
there was a big with the the wrong free card in the middle. I had to redraw 1/2 dozen cards after I found he ones that had the 'long hike' in the middle box, it should have been 'traditional cache'.

I fixed the bug.

Doug, there are a few people in the same boat but with 38 choices per colum, and only a few in each drawn, it can happen.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

Anyone who's been to a BINGO hall knows all too well that sometimes people just get a bad card. It's happened to me countless times where I've had nothing on my card when someone yelled bingo. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.

In the first game, 100 people got a card which would give anyone a 1 in 100 chance of winning. However, there were only 25 people actively filling in squares which increased the odds of winning drastically. Anyone that is filling out their squares has a good chance to win the game in the future. Yes, it depends on the individual's card to a point but it also depends on actively playing the game too.

Sorry about the bug, Jaymmzzs. We expect a few technical problems in the beginning but hopefully most of the bugs have been identified and fixed.
SOLONM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

Right..the only time I spent in a Bingo Hall was as a volunteer ...cleaning tables & dumping ashtrays for a good cause....I've got my page printed off.......not sure where this is all going
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

SOLONM, I hate to break it to you, but you don't print it off. You look at it and fill it in online. Use the 'edit' button to fill in the GC or TB number for a square that you've completed.

Think of it as eco-friendly BINGO!
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

It sounds like Solonm and I spend the same decade volunteering in a Bingo hall. **teehee** That's when everyone smoked in community halls or the church basement.

Much later I learned that the Vancouver Police Department considered Church basements to be the biggest gambling sham in the city but the police let it ride because it wouldn't look good if the police rounded up church ladies and nuns for illegal activity.
katcogo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

I finally cracked the code on know how to make the green squares show up! Just go out caching, picking whatever caches happen to appeal to you, log them all, go to sleep, wake up in the morning, and there they are 2 - 3 types that you have found within the last week or so! Smack
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

Except that the rules say they have to be new finds.
You will notice that a requirement will show up, but not matching your card. That gives you a hint of what the requirements are in general. Remember, the same quest could show up under any of the 5 letters. So you can do a little research a head of time on the chance that one of your picks could be something already shown. There are 38 unique quests in game 2. Probably a dozen + are showing up on the draws already.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

Yeah - I know they need to be new finds, that's why they pop up on my card just after I've found them! How frustrating!

All was not revealed before I was caching in the past few days - I agree that this game is certainly a bit more of a challenge!

... and just as much fun too.
r0adki1l

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

Don't think this is the right place to put this but i've got a square Cache dedicated to an animal. Now is it a animal themed or have an animal name in it. Just wasn't sure if it was actually supossed to be this ache is dedicated to rex kind of cache?
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

The intent was originally a cache dedicated to a real animal (bear, skunk, dedication to a pet etc) but for this game we'll accept cartoon characters too. The animal's name doesn't have to be in the title as long as the cache description has the animal named somewhere.
r0adki1l

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO Testing & Bug Reports Reply with quote

Perfect thanks Bear
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 1 of 1