CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Geo BINGO launch.
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Tofino
Tofino:  [?] . Visit Pacific Rim National Park near Tofino. Kilometers of unspoiled beaches. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Geo BINGO launch.
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Geo BINGO launch.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draglings

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Managed to log 8 caches but only DAUB 1 today, that should get us at least a medal. Smack Jester
scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

I think Cookie Monster ate someone's log on their F cache requirement. I checked and there is absolutely no log on the cache page. I feel so sorry for him. The bingo requirement is void without any proof he was there.
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Yikes! Smack Logged the "F" cache after waking up feeling Sick with the flu. Must be the lack of sleep the past few days playing Bingo Embarassed

geocachinggecko.blogspot.com/
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Yep, the requirement is now filled. **teehee** Don't worry, Gecko Cacher. You're not the only person that forgot to log the cache.
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Oh yea. Nobody can accuse CB or myself of rigging the contest. Many of the people closest to us have the worst cards. I can't believe how bad some of the draws have been for some of my closest geo buddies.
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Hey Scruffster,

Thanks for the heads up Lightbulb I really like this game format and when it all comes down to it, geocaching is all about having fun as it's just a game. In the end I don't care who wins because it's all about the adventure.

Since I'm awake.....again, thinking about Bingo, push the magic button to release more tasks! Nut

Geck

scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

I wouldn't want anyone not to win over a technicality.

The magic button was pushed for the 27th a little while ago. We've been averaging approximately 10 draws a day. It's been a bit of a blitz. Game #2 will go a lot slower to give everyone a chance to find the caches. We'll have some different tasks and we will be tweaking the system a bit.
nenners

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

ohhhh I have 2 rows that I can work on Bingo with tomorrow!!!
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

So, scruffster, you were up pushing the button at 4:20 in the morning?

yikes.

at least i'll make it to work on time this morning, no more new tasks for me to go work on en route... Sad
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Got up this morning (what a beautiful day) and saw two more tasks were on my card!! Found the final task needed to complete a line at 07:45. Very Happy

Posted BINGO at 07:59 Wooo Whooo! Party Hat

hawk-dive

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Gecko Cacher wrote:
Got up this morning (what a beautiful day) and saw two more tasks were on my card!! Found the final task needed to complete a line at 07:45. Very Happy

Congrats on your bingo win, way to go. I never had a green line yet. LOL There's always next time.
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Congrats Gecko! This was so much fun - thanks guys!

I had two new squares this morning, plus one that I couldn't get yesterday, but even if I'd got them all, I still wouldn't have had a line! LOL!

We don't usually do much weekday caching with working very long days Confused but we managed to fit a few in around other errands and it was a great break in the day. Self employment doesn't always mean time to go caching, but we need breaks too!

For our health and sanity I request that you get the next one up pronto! Party Hat
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Congratulations Gecko.

Gecko Cacher not only won the game he had the most squares filled. 8 in total. He was definitely one of the most enthusiastic of the group playing.

One player had a line appear shortly after the first draw. And get this. The tasks were two small caches, a regular, a micro and a free square. When I saw that come up I said to myself -- "nobody will be getting that sweet deal again!" And it's true. Requirements will never double up on the cache sizes or any other easy task again. That will be one of the changes.

We'll be setting up game #2 shortly.
hawk-dive

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Just to make things clear for the next game, I had ( move a TB 20 K or more ) Could that be a TB that I have had for a bit or do you have to go find one and move it?
MossTroopers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Gecko Cacher wrote:

Woo Hoo! Congrats Gecko!

That was fun, how long until the next one?
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Mrs_Landsharkz wrote:
Congrats Gecko! This was so much fun - thanks guys!

I had two new squares this morning, plus one that I couldn't get yesterday, but even if I'd got them all, I still wouldn't have had a line! LOL!

We don't usually do much weekday caching with working very long days Confused but we managed to fit a few in around other errands and it was a great break in the day. Self employment doesn't always mean time to go caching, but we need breaks too!

For our health and sanity I request that you get the next one up pronto! Party Hat

Thanks BCGA! Yes the game was a lot of fun and kinda rekindled my caching drive. Now I need to get some sleep quick before the next game. Nut

katcogo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Congrats Gecko Cacher!

I had a line of 4 for 2 days - completed the tasks and just had to wait (in vain) for that last green box!

This is such a great idea to get people out caching on wet & dreary days.

Looking at all the posts on this thread - am I the only cacher in BC who sleeps?

Bring on game 2!
hollyburn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Wow I finally got 3 in a line this morning so hoped to get out today to get started. Congrats to the winner.
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Management decision time! GC1CD8G

Is this cache a 'traditional' or a 'Multi'? It has been sitting listed as 'traditional' forever and only the description has been edited to say it's a two-step.
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

For the case of BINGO, we'll simply go with the pic on the listing. Green box = traditional.
RVTraveller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

How come I get "significant hike"????
Have you looked outside lately???? Snorkel
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

I'm also needing some guidance from the judges...

the TB move >20k question. Does it have to be a NEW TB or can it be one we have already or have previously discovered? I didnt see an answer to a previous poster.

Second question - does Tigger qualify as an animal? He is, afterall, based on one...

?

Thanks!
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

RVTraveller wrote:

East Sooke Park would be great tonight! Nut
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Unless you are finishing a circle.. save them up!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Chewy_06 wrote:
I'm also needing some guidance from the judges...

the TB move >20k question. Does it have to be a NEW TB or can it be one we have already or have previously discovered? I didnt see an answer to a previous poster.

Second question - does Tigger qualify as an animal? He is, afterall, based on one...

?

Thanks!

The action/geocache find should be on or after the date your bingo square turned green. So ultimately it should be a TB you pick up and move after.

I'm a bit torn about the animal reference. It does say animal. Yes, cartoons are often animals. So, for this game I will allow cartoon animals.

Last edited by scruffster on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

RVTraveller wrote:

Would you rather I change your attribute to "may require swimming"???

Snorkel **teehee**
hawk-dive

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
RVTraveller wrote:

Would you rather I change your attribute to "may require swimming"???

Snorkel **teehee**

I would love to have "may require swimming" Snorkel
Then I would have at least one besides the free one to get. 14 draws and only one, anyone want to trade cards. LOL Jester
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

many people have no matches, but the first free one. It is random.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

RVTraveller wrote:

OK this is funny! Even better yet she gets "A cache that was DNF'd at least ten times" this morning Laughing

Now that I'm feeling better I'm heading out to start on my three nice, easy, simple to do squares Jester

Sorry Honey, Sweetiepie I just had to Kiss

Geck (yeah she calls me that!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 3 of 3