CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Geo BINGO launch.
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Grizzly Cubs
Grizzly Cubs:  [?] . Grizzy Bear Cubs [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Geo BINGO launch.
toplefttopfilltopright
Geo BINGO launch.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
Good news for Mr. Wilson and others. I just received a generous anonymous donation from a big fish for a youth category in the Bingo game. So if anyone playing cannot be a member because of age and wins a BINGO game, there is a prize for you.
Thanks to you and the "big fish", like I said before: Much Appreciated! Trophy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Confused

What is the difference between:

"A cache listed as 'Small' in size" and

"A 'Small' sized cache"?

CB says that there are quests which are similar but they are different. This one has us confused....
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

They are the same. Just worded differently so we could make sure the program actually drew different tasks from the list. They at first had the exact same wording, but when we looked at the cards , because there were 4 'doubles' in the mix it was confusing to us what was drawn.

Lesson learned in this round all tasks should be absolutely unique. It made for some interesting cards.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Have a question, after it's been won, will there be a summary of how far along everyone who played got and/or will we be able to see each other's cards then? Just thinking aloud, but it might be mildly interesting to see who did what & got how far before it all ended (at least to me).
MossTroopers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Oh, this GeoBingo is fun. Great idea.

Is there a 'my bingo card' link somewhere that I can't find? I keep going back to the announcement and following the link to create a new bingo card to get there.

When I enter the GC number on the bingo card and click save, it stays on that page. Would be nice to have a link there to get back to the regular bingo card page.

It would be nice if it was easier to see which tasks I've complete. The little red box that appears with a link is great, but hard to see. Maybe the square could change colour or the box could be a big checkmark.

Keep up the good work guys. Can't wait to see who wins.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Bingo card is on right menu, home page. Or Top Bar (but that takes you through the rules first).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Bingo is a game of chance so there will be enthusiastic people who dont win. I hope it doesn't discourage people from the next game.

I don't know if we can show everyone's card after the game but everyone that is actively playing is showcased on the front page under "Bingo Players." You should get an idea how many squares a certain person has completed.

For Moss Troopers -- The bingo link on the front page should say "grab a card" if someone doesn't have one. It'll take people to the rules page first. After a person has grabbed a card the block should say "view my card" and it is a direct link to your card.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

The box on right side shows last 30 square completions. Not all completions, or the list would go on forever. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Found the 'view your card' link, and found the 'hide notes' link to get back to the card after entering GC #s. Thanks Smile
landsharkz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

When will you select more of MY squares!!! I've only got two squares so far... I spend all day hitting "refresh"... I can't work, I can't sleep... the suspense is killing me! Shocked
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

landsharkz wrote:
When will you select more of MY squares!!! I've only got two squares so far... I spend all day hitting "refresh"... I can't work, I can't sleep... the suspense is killing me! Shocked

Conspiracy ?? Jester Sorry I just had to. Laughing

Geck

geocachinggecko.blogspot.com/
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

landsharkz wrote:

Oh, maybe It's time to remove that line of code:
if (user != 'landsharkz')
{
drawCards();
} else {
print ':nut: '.
}

Didn't the little Nut characters show up all over your card? Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:

I think I will click the draw button every time I have a martini. Anyone want to drop a bottle of Vodka on my doorstep? **teehee**

Thought this might be a good idea, got everything ready for Scruffy, then started doing the numbers.

If there are 37 tasks and they are available under each letter then that means that Scruffy would have to push that button up to 185 times. That may be too many martinis for even Scruffy to handle. Sick

Maybe we get a martini every time we finish a task.... Laughing
landsharkz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:

Oh, maybe It's time to remove that line of code:
if (user != 'landsharkz')
{
drawCards();
} else {
print ':nut: '.
}

Didn't the little Nut characters show up all over your card? Twisted Evil

I knew it! Gecko was right! But I think the "." instead of ";" at the end of line 5 is causing it to be interpreted:

if(user=='landsharkz')
{
pretendNoCard();
}

Out of curiosity... is anyone willing to share how many squares they have turned over? I have two. Sad
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Are you sure you want to know? I wouldn't want you to really think the magic button that sends information to your computer has been deactivated. Jester

6 ......... or 3 times as many as you have Cookie Monster

jangor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Three turned over and two completed. None are on the same lines. LOL.
nenners

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

I have a whole row in green but haven't been able to go and get any of them yet. Event here in Kamloops on Sat so can do it then.

Even when the prizes are won, will we get a bit of time to keep going?? It's lots of fun to watch the boxes appear.
landsharkz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Gecko Cacher wrote:

You be careful with the use of the cookie monster...he's my friend Cookie Monster

nenners wrote:
I have a whole row in green but haven't been able to go and get any of them yet.

Scruff!!! I'll be over shortly with martinis... get drawing!
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Four - 3 done, 2 in a line.

Today we had to visit 3 caches to log just 1. We had a DNF (for the second time on the same cache that the owner confirms is there Smack ) and then walked away from a cache with muggles partying nearby. Finally we headed to the nearby suburban park and managed to find one that I needed.
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

landsharkz wrote:
Gecko Cacher wrote:

You be careful with the use of the cookie monster...he's my friend Cookie Monster

nenners wrote:
I have a whole row in green but haven't been able to go and get any of them yet.

Scruff!!! I'll be over shortly with martinis... get drawing!

Gecko loves martinis! Just ask RVTraveller how much!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

I've got five different two green box opportunity's. Now I have to wait until I can get out on the weekend. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

I just did the draw for today. I had to wait until it got dark. **teehee**

Now dance. Dance my puppets!!!

I'm having more fun pushing the "DRAW" button than anyone playing, I think.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

landsharkz wrote:
Gecko Cacher wrote:

Well then I shoddy Sherlock Holmes Detective

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
I just did the draw for today. I had to wait until it got dark. **teehee**

Now dance. Dance my puppets!!!

I'm having more fun pushing the "DRAW" button than anyone playing, I think.

Hey Scruff (can I call you that?),

You have guest button pushers like Landsharkz Nut

Geck

landsharkz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Very Happy 3! Very Happy
scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

No Guest button pushers. Nobody pushes the button but me me me. It's all about me.

We're getting ready for game #2. The difficulty rating might go up a bit and the "draw" button will be set on automatic. One draw every three or four hours -- day and night -- 24 hours a day. Then the draw times will be totally out of my control.

S.
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

ooh, an ongoing scheduled release in the next game? Now that sounds like a great idea. Although, this time of year, for mid-week, the numbers i'm getting to work on is about all I can do anyway...

Just need CB to fix it so that I can get some more green boxes to work on! Have four green & have them done now...
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

landsharkz wrote:
Very Happy 3! Very Happy

How do you type this "Woo Whooo" Toast

Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
No Guest button pushers. Nobody pushes the button but me me me. It's all about me.

We're getting ready for game #2. The difficulty rating might go up a bit and the "draw" button will be set on automatic. One draw every three or four hours -- day and night -- 24 hours a day. Then the draw times will be totally out of my control.

S.

OK, I'm starting my sleep deprivation routine right now. By the time game 2 starts I will be able to stay awake for 29 days! Yuck

_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Chewy_06 wrote:
ooh, an ongoing scheduled release in the next game? Now that sounds like a great idea. Although, this time of year, for mid-week, the numbers i'm getting to work on is about all I can do anyway...

Just need CB to fix it so that I can get some more green boxes to work on! Have four green & have them done now...
I'll send you the my numbered account in the Cayman Islands, when the deposit is complete, I'll make sure your card a little greener. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
I'll send you the my numbered account in the Cayman Islands, when the deposit is complete, I'll make sure your card a little greener. Wink

That's how its done is it? Hmmm... can you write a few special lines of code for the guy who's misusing the cookie monster and gloating that he has three times the number of squares as I do? Twisted Evil

Ha! he only has twice as many now because I've got 3!
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Heading out for number 7 right now!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

Gecko Cacher wrote:
Heading out for number 7 right now!
I have fulfilled one. That's right one,1,un,uno,ett... etc I think I deserve an award Trophy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

If Gecko Cacher goes missing he should be found somewhere between his home and a geocache that starts with F. He's doing very well.

Shall I draw a few more while he is out??? **lol** I don't see anything on my doorstep yet.

S.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

As admin, I do see the draws on everyones card, (not my own , i coded it not to show the quests if it's your own card. scruff and I are blind as anyone on our own cards).

So G.C. , I find it ironic where you're missing the 1 box! You can share that if you want to! Just goes to show, it ain't over till it's over.

PS.
I started off ok on draws, but last 2 did not expand my greenness either.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
Shall I draw a few more while he is out??? **lol** I don't see anything on my doorstep yet.

No I dont' think so. Gives me time to get mine on Saturday. Sick
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

I tell you, between scruffster wanting bottles to appear on his doorstep and canadian bacon & his numbered account, this game of bingo could end up just as expensive as the real thing!

I vote *yes* on there being more draws... havent walked the dog yet tonight - need to get out anyway! Smile
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

You know, I just realized, I have no matches under the 'N' column, and that has by far the most draws.. Geez!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
You know, I just realized, I have no matches under the 'N' column, and that has by far the most draws.. Geez!

That's where I have a whole column. Laughing
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Geo BINGO launch. Reply with quote

I didn't see anyone out there Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 2 of 3