CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BCGA —» Website Questions —» BC Rankings
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Steller's Jay
Steller's Jay:  [?] . The Steller's Jay is British Columbia's Provincial Bird and the inspiration for the 2008 BCGA geocoin. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BCGA —» Website Questions —» BC Rankings
toplefttopfilltopright
BC Rankings
Questions, comments and suggestions about this website? Post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Website Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ValHamilton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: BC Rankings Reply with quote

I've noticed that some spots on the rankings have no names beside them. I think that geocaching is a great pastime and is a lot of fun. Anyone who is taking it so seriously that they don't want their name on the list when they aren't doing as well as they think they should, has a problem. You shouldn't cater to the ego! I love it when my friends pass me and it just gives me added incentive to get out and find more!
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Rankings Reply with quote

ValHamilton wrote:
I've noticed that some spots on the rankings have no names beside them. I think that geocaching is a great pastime and is a lot of fun. Anyone who is taking it so seriously that they don't want their name on the list when they aren't doing as well as they think they should, has a problem. You shouldn't cater to the ego! I love it when my friends pass me and it just gives me added incentive to get out and find more!

Trophy
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: BC Rankings Reply with quote

That list is not on this site, as we do not have any 'blank' names. It is other site called cacherstats.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: BC Rankings Reply with quote

Somehow I don't think this is an 'error' by cacherstats.com. Their site updates regularly. Where is the BCGA ranking list that has no blank names CB?
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: BC Rankings Reply with quote

Cacher can elect to 'not' be displayed. We skip them totally. Cacherstats shows an empty spot.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: BC Rankings Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
Cacher can elect to 'not' be displayed. We skip them totally. Cacherstats shows an empty spot.

Have lots of BC cachers have asked to be removed?
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: BC Rankings Reply with quote

Mrs_Landsharkz wrote:
No.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: BC Rankings Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
Mrs_Landsharkz wrote:
No.

Well that's a relief - I guess on the whole we're a community with balanced egos and a healthy attitude toward the game. Whew!

For us, watching our good friend Sole Seeker climb in the rankings like a volcano is phenomenal, and he's so not in it for ego at all. Sole Seeker and some other friends are the reason we peek at the rankings occasionally. SS has just headed off in his RV for the winter and his pastime is caching and meeting people his travels. We miss him all winter on the island, but he keeps in touch with his friends by sending photos of his adventures. Sure he may make #1 one day, but his climb is mostly about where caching took him, the people he met and the adventures he had along the way. When SS's and other friends numbers climb we know they are enjoying life and doing what they likes best and what more could you want for a friend?

You can keep us on the list as long as we're in the top 500 in BC, ok? Jester
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Website Questions
Page 1 of 1