CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Name change
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Maple Ridge
Maple Ridge:  [?] . A ranch in Maple Ridge with the Golden Ears peaks in behind. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Name change
toplefttopfilltopright
Name change
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cachepiratz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Name change Reply with quote

Hi to all in the know, I am the eldest cachepiratz, we have logged a few hundred finds all of wich have been found mom and daughter ,who has been dubbed "the little pirate". As we have been totally hooked on this hobby she would like her own membership, but is concerned that she would loose the 500+ Caches logged to cachepiratz. Is there anyway to copy the finds to her name with out re logging each one?. As stated befor she was present for all of them and found more then her fare share?? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Name change Reply with quote

You probably should post this question in the Groundspeak forumns. I have see this situation before, as a cache owner seeing logs on my caches where someone had to manually duplicate the logs from one account to another.

If you are technically inclined, you could create list list of caches in CSV format that matches the Fields Notes format. Then on new account load this list.

Then its a matter of going through the field notes on the geocaching.com and logging them. It 1/2 automated that way.

Don't know if Grounspeak has admin abilities to duplicate an account.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Name change Reply with quote

Thank you !!
5KingCachers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Name change Reply with quote

any chance you had luck with this?? The reason I ask is because with our name 4KingCachers it no longer works for us as we are now a family of 5 so I would like to change the name to 5KingCachers without loosing our cache finds.
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Name change Reply with quote

Sure have! I contacted Groundspeak and put my request in and presto! Gecko Cacher entered the world. Cookie Monster

Check out this link for further information. support.groundspeak.co...nav=0,5,10

Geck

geocachinggecko.blogspot.com/
5KingCachers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Name change Reply with quote

Thank you so much I just sent out my email I sure hope it works for me Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1