CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» It's Really Not about the Numbers
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Pyramid Falls
Pyramid Falls:  [?] . During the heyday of rail travel, Canadian Pacific trains always slowed at Pyramid Falls to give tourists a photo oppurtunity. For this reason, Pyramid Falls beat out Niagra as the most photographed waterfall in Canada. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» It's Really Not about the Numbers
toplefttopfilltopright
It's Really Not about the Numbers
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: It's Really Not about the Numbers Reply with quote

Funny story.... we got our 2200th cache last Saturday and didn't notice until two days later when we inadvertently saw the total on our profile Embarassed .

I went back and amended our log to say Woo Hoo #2200 belatedly! Mr. Landsharkz got it solo on a FTF at 10:30pm while I was picking up a son from his girlfriend's house. He had no idea!

If he'd known he'd have waited for me to get back, but then he'd have missed the FTF for sure - darned if you do and darned if you don't.
bcrockcrawler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Really Not about the Numbers Reply with quote

We hit our 2000th while doing the Vancouver Cache Machine II.
We thought we had did it here at GC1CRX7 but when logging the caches, 2000 was actually here at GC1CWGM. I was sitting in the car while xstitcher and Helen and Theo were getting the cache.... DOH!!! Smack

Congrats on the 2200...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Really Not about the Numbers Reply with quote

I hit cache #262 on Nov 1. Whats so special about 262? Absolutely nothing...hahahah

I've been caching since 2003.... so by my rough estimation I should hit 2200 by the year 2060.... hmmm I would be 90 years old. Anyone know any 90 year old cachers?

Congrats on the milestone Treasure

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Really Not about the Numbers Reply with quote

I just hit 1000 and that was a big deal but now that I have that milestone the cache numbers are just like another birthday. How old am I now honey??? Laughing

At first the numbers were great but now it's more about the experience of each cache just like the night cache last night that took 3 hrs and 45 mins with a group of cachers. Very Happy Priceless!

geocachinggecko.blogspot.com/
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Really Not about the Numbers Reply with quote

I'm at 240 right now, hit 200 in September. At this rate I should reach 1000 at the age of about 21, that's 1000 every 7 years... 2000 at 28, 5000 at 49, and 10 000 at 84. Woohoo! I'm so close to ten thousand! Wink Anyway... congrats on the 2200, soon it will be 2222.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: It's Really Not about the Numbers Reply with quote

As I look back over my geocaching "career" and I look at all the hiking that I've done, that is my proof that it's not all about the numbers for me.

Lady Peak
Mt. Cheam
Elk & Thurston Mtns
Greendrop Lake
International Ridge

...and the list will continue to grow. These are all hikes that I undertook because there was a cache at the summit or along the way and I may never have actually challenged myself to take them on otherwise.

Sure, drive ups might be nice sometimes, but nothing beats standing at the top of one of the tallest mountains in the area... truly breathtaking!
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: It's Really Not about the Numbers Reply with quote

I agree teddy2k, our GPS is full of urban caches that we may never get to - when we do get time to go play, we'd rather hit the trails than drive around town. It happens occasionally, but it's certainly not the norm. BTW, Mr. LS remembered Elk and Thurston from his youth living in Mission and so that was our destination one weekend so he could show me the view from these peaks. I'll never forget that amazing ridge trail Camera !

If you choose destinations like this... then geocaching can take you to some of the best places to Kiss too!
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Really Not about the Numbers Reply with quote

Caching has never been about the numbers to me. I get the best of both worlds as when I started out it was city caches with the wife and little ones. Now I found a few buddies that wait for me on the long trails (Im kinda slow) to hike in caches. I have a new love for them but still get to do city caches with the wife and kids as they are still a little young and the wife cannot do the long hikes.
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Really Not about the Numbers Reply with quote

Ok, I'm not counting numbers Laughing but how do I get my old username (RCTP) changed to my current name in the recent milestones? I have tried PM'ing admin but.......

Due to the economic down turn RCTP no longer exists and no it didn't stand for Re Cycled Toilet Paper Laughing

Gecko

Teddy2k

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: It's Really Not about the Numbers Reply with quote

I updated that for you, Gecko Cacher. Should be all good now!
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: It's Really Not about the Numbers Reply with quote

Thanks Teddy2K! Trophy

Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Really Not about the Numbers Reply with quote

itsnotaboutthenumbers.com is a great site, just caught my eye reading the title of the thread.
Its free and works great with a PQ as the only thing you have to create.
link

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Really Not about the Numbers Reply with quote

The only 'numbers' game we (LordEd and I) like to play is "can we break our daily/weekend/trip record?" But only if we go on a geocaching holiday.
I think so far our daily record is 30, weekend record (3 days) is 54 and our entire trip record is 82 (although we were gone for a week on a cruise to Alaska).
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1