CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BCGA —» Website Questions —» BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Downtown Vancouver
Downtown Vancouver:  [?] . Coal Harbour near Stanley Park. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BCGA —» Website Questions —» BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link
toplefttopfilltopright
BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link
Questions, comments and suggestions about this website? Post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Website Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marmi_and_tas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

This is ever so frustrating but I cannot access:
www.bcgeocaching.com/i...forum&f=64

It tells me there is no such forum.

Same with the click 'here' for a list of Candidates. No such forum.

A simple seach also tells me to take a hike or go find a nano in the woods.
HELP! lol

Kathryn (marmi)
savant9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

I believe that forum is hidden to non-BCGA members, which is different than a membership in the forums.

I am not sure if thats your issue or not, perhaps CB will chime in.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

We are BCGA members and have gone through all the very scary interviews. Why is this so hard? Canadian Bacon....HELP! I will even make him a BLT! LOL
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

Did you update your membership last new year? By law, the BCGA has to keep up to date records on all members, so if you didn't update your membership online then it is not renewed. You'll have to check with someone from the BCGA to see if you still have membership.
Oliverthenakedbear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

What is this screen you speak of? I can't access it either. But then again, I've submitted my membership application almost 3 weeks ago now and my membership status is still P = pending? So like you Marmi, I'm in the same boat.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

marmi_and_tas account is not a BCGA member.
a 'Marmi' account was a BCGA member, but has not validated their address.
They both have the same address.
'Marmi' may be able to update status @ www.bcgeocaching.com/i...e=Validate
Then someone can approve it.

It was not apparent to me if 'tas' had an account, I don't think so.

I can not update memberships, only executive can do that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for trying to help!
Canadian Bacon, that link you posted does not work for us but we do appreciate your assistance. Thanks also to Scruffster.

Can someone from BCGA contact us and guide us through this process???

I am betting the problem began when we consolidated our nick names.

Cheers,
marmi
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

marmi_and_tas wrote:

Canadian Bacon, that link you posted does not work for us but we do appreciate your assistance.
That link will only work for 'Marmi' account. the marma_and_tas account never has been a BCGA member. I can remove marmi and put marma_and_tas under BCGA membership review. Then the link will work.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

So Canadian Bacon....

Who do I need to talk to about my membership status? Did someone not receive my mail? Can I just um...send a email with a pdf of my driver license?
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

Oliverthenakedbear wrote:
So Canadian Bacon....

Who do I need to talk to about my membership status? Did someone not receive my mail? Can I just um...send a email with a pdf of my driver license?
Send a note via the 'contact us' link on the left menu. I am only the technical guy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

Hi CB,

Could you do so then we can start getting this straightened out

and

it is marmi_and_tas

not marma

Thanks
marmi_and_tas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

Tis ok now thanks to Val, Jeff, Chris and Henry...he clicked on the magic button!

marmi&tas
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

I'm also in the same situation. Though, I am to young to get the full membership. Is there a way of bypassing that? Shifty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat wrote:
I'm also in the same situation. Though, I am to young to get the full membership. Is there a way of bypassing that? Shifty

According to Einsteins Theory of Relativity, if we all travel faster than the speed of light and you remain on Earth, you will age , while we remain close to our current age. When we come back you will be able to participate in the forum with the rest of us.

All kidding aside, you have to be a Member of the Association to participate in the election, and given the some of the content in there right now, It just might turn you off Geocaching.

And , I can't give you access to it, without giving you access to all the other little BCGA Member goodies. I think there is an age minimum for society membership, not sure if a Parent or Guardian can approve membership.

Any executive know that part?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

One of the last acts I will do what to push the "magic" button for you. Is is done. Have fun and happy caching.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:

According to Einsteins Theory of Relativity, if we all travel faster than the speed of light and you remain on Earth, you will age , while we remain close to our current age. When we come back you will be able to participate in the forum with the rest of us.

All kidding aside, you have to be a Member of the Association to participate in the election, and given the some of the content in there right now, It just might turn you off Geocaching.

And , I can't give you access to it, without giving you access to all the other little BCGA Member goodies. I think there is an age minimum for society membership, not sure if a Parent or Guardian can approve membership.

Any executive know that part?
It's fine, I was just wondering, it doesn't mean that much to me.
Thanks anyways. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

Our own bylaws state that:
4. A Resident of British Columbia who is 16 years of age or older may apply to the directors for membership in the society, upon acceptance by the directors, under the guidelines set out in the SOP and agreeing to the provisions of these by-laws is a member. The procedures for membership application will be set out in the SOP.

Mr. Wilson & a Mt Goat, I think that Catapult Jeff pushed the 'OK' button for you....if I'm reading his post correctly. Of course only you can tell if you now have more access than before.

Welcome to the 'rest of the story'. We welcome your input and I'm sure it will be refreshing for all of us!
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

I got access to reading the posts, but not to reply, which I am perfectly fine with. Two more years I guess! Sad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

Hmmm, I have no clue how old you are, but you sure sound a lot more mature than some of the posts we've seen today (AND you can post in this thread it seems Wink ) .
wildbeanz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA Candidates & Candidates Discussion link Reply with quote

I got access to reading the posts, but not to reply, which I am perfectly fine with. Two more years I guess! Sad

But though membership has its privileges you got to win an iPod ! Beanie
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Website Questions
Page 1 of 1