CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Sproat Lake
Sproat Lake:  [?] . Prehistoric Petroglyphs at Sproat Lake. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector
toplefttopfilltopright
Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

It seems that I am carrying more and more tech stuff in my life now and I was wondering if anyone has used or is using the Zagg line of invisible shield protectors?

Thanks

Gecko

geocachinggecko.blogspot.com/
goaliegirl38

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

Yep, using one on my Oregon, love it! Easy to apply and very durable, definitely worth the $$!
Oliverthenakedbear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

Is there something special with these ZAGG protectors? If I recall correctly, some asian shops (Like Daiso) have rows of screen protectors of various sizes that sell for $2 each. I wonder if I can get away with those. Party Hat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

Oliverthenakedbear wrote:
Is there something special with these ZAGG protectors? If I recall correctly, some asian shops (Like Daiso) have rows of screen protectors of various sizes that sell for $2 each. I wonder if I can get away with those. Party Hat

I have tried cheaper versions, such as generic brands that you have to snip a bit to fit. Not as clear, more air bubbles form, and I just don't trust the things. Go with the real thing.
geo_canuck77

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

I have one on my Oregon also, should be the first thing you buy after getting a GPS!!! I had the Colorado and didn't have a screen protector and got a huge gash in the screen. I got mine from World Caching.
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

The Zagg protector are twice as durable than any other protector. The are made of a flexible plastic that holds longer and resists scratches way better. I too tried the cheaper versions and they sucked. Peeled away in no time and scratched easier. One even split from a scratch. I have a Zagg on my Garmin and my iPhone and love them.
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

Ok I'm sold! Seems like the right choice for the GPS and my Blackberry.

Thanks Cachers for your input.

Gecko

Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

Zaggs-R-US too! We have them on our netbook, iPods, cameras, GPS's, blackberry, you name it! We really like the peace of mind protection and the warranty in case there is an issue.

The Zagg Invisible Shields are really good for kids electronic stuff too - they are harder on their 'toys n' tools' and can less afford to replace them so we like to protect them as much as possible. We gave some to our son in the airforce for his phone, camera and GPS - he's hard on his stuff and it gets packed around a lot in kit bags and pockets.

We special order by request every time we place a new Zagg order so if we don't have it, we can get it in pretty quickly.

We're also happy to help you deal direct with Zagg with warranty issues if you do get a scratch in your IS that you bought from us. They stand behind their product and are very easy to deal with.
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

Thanks Mrs. Landsharkz!

I'll check with RVTraveller to see if she wants any IS for her stuff as well. What is your time frame for delivery? We both have the Garmin etrex Vista C and Blackberry Bold phones.

Gecko

Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

Gecko Cacher - 15 mins from your house to mine!

We have the IS screens for the Vista in stock but we don't carry them for all the phones. We are ordering tomorrow though and I'd be happy to add on any custom orders. We should have the custom ordered items here in a week or so. We tend to order monthly...

If anyone else would like to add any specific IS products to our next order, please contact us by noon tomorrow.
Oliverthenakedbear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

Gecko, tell me how the Zagg goes!

I'm too broke to order Zagg so waiting till my order builds up to get free shipping.

Went to Daiso and bought a screen protector for $2. Seems decent and pretty thick.

Downside: have to cut it yourself. Not too bad if you have a pocketknife and ruler. Used tweezers to apply the shield onto Oregon screen. The edge where I used the tweezer to stick lose adhesiveness.

Lets see if my screenie shield will last a couple months before I get Zagg. heh.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

Gecko, tell me how the Zagg goes!

I'm too broke to order Zagg so waiting till my order builds up to get free shipping.

Went to Daiso and bought a screen protector for $2. Seems decent and pretty thick.

Downside: have to cut it yourself. Not too bad if you have a pocketknife and ruler. Used tweezers to apply the shield onto Oregon screen. The edge where I used the tweezer to stick lose adhesiveness.

Lets see if my screenie shield will last a couple months before I get Zagg. heh.

At the risk of sounding completely pompous, that 2 bucks is going to seem really expensive if the accident to your screen happens next week. Find the money, honey Smile
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

Hey Oliverthenakedbear (Wow that's a big cache name)

Yes I'll let you know how I find the Zagg IS. My exchange Vista C arrived today so I really want to get it protected before heading out in the woods.

Gecko

Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

Ok, I put the Zagg IS on my GPS and it looks great! Now I don't have to keep the GPS in a spare mitten anymore Laughing Time to test it out in the elements to see how it withstands my usual abuse while caching. BTW I don't change with it while driving.

I did put one on RVTraveller's GPS which has some scratches in the screen and they are now less visable if not at all so all is good! Trophy

Gecko

wildbeanz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

I was so sad when I dropped my new GPS and got a nasty scratch on the screen.
Yes I have a Invisible Shield Zagg protector now !

Worldcaching.com located in Vancouver - okay Port Coquitlam just outside of Vancouver but who has heard of PoCo - has them in stock always for Oregons, Etrex and Garmin 60s as well as some Magellan models...... and can put an order in for any model we do not carry from cell phones to iPods. Drop me a line.
Oliverthenakedbear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Using a Zagg Screen Protector Reply with quote

wildbeanz wrote:
I was so sad when I dropped my new GPS and got a nasty scratch on the screen.
Yes I have a Invisible Shield Zagg protector now !

Worldcaching.com located in Vancouver - okay Port Coquitlam just outside of Vancouver but who has heard of PoCo - has them in stock always for Oregons, Etrex and Garmin 60s as well as some Magellan models...... and can put an order in for any model we do not carry from cell phones to iPods. Drop me a line.

Okay, I'll look into that the next time I drive out east for some caches. Didn't know there was a geocaching store so close to home. Touque

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1