CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Bluesky GeoCoins...Gold, Silver, Bronze?
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Fernie
Fernie:  [?] . From mining town to phohibition era Whiskey smuggling hub to a premier ski resort, Fernie's prosperity has been dependent on its ability to adapt. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Bluesky GeoCoins...Gold, Silver, Bronze?
toplefttopfilltopright
Bluesky GeoCoins...Gold, Silver, Bronze?
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doonchak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Bluesky GeoCoins...Gold, Silver, Bronze? Reply with quote

Hey all

Managed to snag a bluesky coin earlier today (they look great btw...nice work!).

However, I am a little confused, since both caches we went too appear to have the gold coin left in them...so I was just wondering if anyone could post a picture of the gold and the bronze so I can figure out which coin we actually have, heh. It looks really gold, but it seems odd that people would leave the gold and take the bronze.

Thanks in advance for any help clearing this up...not a big deal, just really curious, heh.
phatbennyb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluesky GeoCoins...Gold, Silver, Bronze? Reply with quote

I would love to see what these coins look like, could somebody post some pictures???
Stampcoin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Bluesky GeoCoins...Gold, Silver, Bronze? Reply with quote

I got FTF but i took a silver. I like the colour better.
IRLPGUY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Bluesky GeoCoins...Gold, Silver, Bronze? Reply with quote

Since I have arrived at 4 of the BlueSky caches first, I have seen all three coins on those 4 occasions. I looked them over fairly closely and this is what I remember.

Gold Coin: Minted on gold stock material with the raised figures being gold on gold background.

Silver Coin: Minted on black stock material with the raised figures being black with a silver background.

Bronze Coin: Minted on black stock material with the raised figures being black with a more bronze background.

There seemed to be subtle differences on the opposite side of the coin as well, but I do not remember what that was.

Sorry I cannot post a picture of mine which is Silver since I don't have a spot to link the photo to, like photobucket or something.

The description is the best I can remember, but they are all nice coins and I am curious as to where they and the design originated, perhaps someone can make that connection.
Xtremeskier1978

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Bluesky GeoCoins...Gold, Silver, Bronze? Reply with quote

I let my kids pick which one they wanted us to take. I figure if they were actually made of bronze, silver and gold that might have influenced people to take them in order of value but they are just geocoins so color/aesthetic preference is how I'm sure most cachers selected their favourite.
savant9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluesky GeoCoins...Gold, Silver, Bronze? Reply with quote

I am not sure which one I have, but here are the pics....

landsharkz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluesky GeoCoins...Gold, Silver, Bronze? Reply with quote

Hi, just saw this thread... there were three versions minted, pretty well equal quantities of each. Total minting was 500.

1. As shown above - black nickel on raised areas, gold on recessed areas. Reverse is black nickel

2. black nickel on raised areas, regular nickel on recessed areas. Reverse is black nickel

3. gold on raised areas, regular nickel on recessed areas. Reverse is gold.

My favorite is the gold and nickel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1