CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Tofino
Tofino:  [?] . Visit Pacific Rim National Park near Tofino. Kilometers of unspoiled beaches. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

For some of my caches, you have to depend on the tide. How do you create the hyperlink to the site you want. Also, how do you make the writing bold and in different colours? This is just that makes a cache page more appealing and more user friendly. like emoticons Coonskin Hat Jester Snorkel Treasure Bear Beanie Lightbulb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat wrote:
For some of my caches, you have to depend on the tide. How do you create the hyperlink to the site you want. Also, how do you make the writing bold and in different colours? This is just that makes a cache page more appealing and more user friendly. like emoticons Coonskin Hat Jester Snorkel Treasure Bear Beanie Lightbulb

html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

now how do I change it to html format
peppy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

When you are editing the cache description, after where it says "Details" and before the "Short Description" section there is a checkbox that says "The descriptions below are in HTML". If you check that, then you can include html features in your description.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

That is not what I meant, what I was trying to ask is how do I generate html text. I figured it out by googling it. Thanks for the Help! Very Happy
vanislelady

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

This is a great site for html help...and make sure you tick off the HTML box when you are creating your cache page!!

HTML for your Cache Page
wildbeanz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

Wow thanks for the link- its easy for us non-techie !
gearhedd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

I have seen cache logs now in HTML , really sets your post apart from the rest untill other start to do it.
plumbrokeacres

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

I usually will create my cache pages in a HTML program such as Dreamweaver to design the look of the page and then cut and paste the html into the cache page.
Bestred

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

i love well designed cache pages...I am going to redesign mine- someday ...lol Jester

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

vanislelady wrote:
This is a great site for html help...and make sure you tick off the HTML box when you are creating your cache page!!

HTML for your Cache Page

Thank you thank you I have been wondering how you all do this Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

For those interested, I've been using a program called KompoZer for the last year or so.
It lets me create the layout of the page(i.e text, images, etc...) then gives me the html code for it, which I copy-paste to my cache page.
Works well for me!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

When I make my event cache pages, I use photobucket quite a bit for animated cartoon pics. Its very easy to pop those into place.
www.geocaching.com/see...e7216c58f6

Raygar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

nice work on that cache page,
so storing gifs on photobucket and moving them over, It looks great
I found this helpful page recently
www.greathides.com/page201.html
dragonflyer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for all these leads - I'm not very happy with the look of the standard cache page and have wondered how people get the neat effects on some of them. Now I have something to go on!
Cachers in the Wry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Cache listings, and logs- links and BOLD typping Reply with quote

We use Nvu for our html cache pages and photobucket for any picture links. I had been using html to fancy up our cache pages but I mostly do it for puzzles and earthcaches now. I tend to send the cache to the GPS without ever opening the page. I just read it on the GPS and I figured most cachers probably do this too, so I try and keep them a little shorter so the info is quicker to go through. That said, I really love how great some cache pages are and appreciate the creativity that many CO's put into their pages.

Learning html for geocaching is just one more way I think the sport keeps our brains sharp and keeps us healthy and young Beanie
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1