CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Geocaching on Law and Order SVU
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Predator Ridge
Predator Ridge:  [?] . Breathtaking views near Vernon. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Geocaching on Law and Order SVU
toplefttopfilltopright
Geocaching on Law and Order SVU
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geo_canuck77

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Geocaching on Law and Order SVU Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone saw this the other night but in the beginning of the episode they had 2 cachers come across a body, followed by them explaining what geocaching is after in intro.

LOL sure didn't make geocaching look very cool! Geez.

Check out the first 10mins.

www.casttv.com/shows/l...gar/f9u2a9
savant9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching on Law and Order SVU Reply with quote

Yes, that was pretty lame. Not sure how well their GPSr's worked underground in that train tunnel....but hey...its TV.
hawk-dive

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching on Law and Order SVU Reply with quote

I know of a few geocachers that are almost that crazy, out there after the FTF. I said almost.
Yes I thought the show was a bit down grading for the average geocacher.
Oliverthenakedbear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Geocaching on Law and Order SVU Reply with quote

Wow, I had no idea FTF can be so violent. Yuck
bcrockcrawler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching on Law and Order SVU Reply with quote

About six years ago a cacher I know was hunting for a cache in Theitis Lake park near Victoria, she heard a voice nearby and thought that they would be able to give directions to the trail she was looking for...
As she approached the person talking, she realized he was talking on a cell phone. She was about to talk when he held up his hand and said into the phone "Somebody else just got here..." as he was finishing this off, he pointed behind him and there was a body...
He asked her if she would go get the police and guide them back here.. Being a good gps operator, she marked the spot (not sure there is an icon for 'dead body') and went off to get the police. They were impressed with the fact she could bring them right to the spot with the little 'gizmo' and asked if she would get the coroner. In all, I think she made 4 trips that day and was late for work. She went back a few days later and grabbed the cache...

I guess this goes hand in hand with the saying, 'Never piss off a geocacher, we know all the best places to hide a body (insert evil laugh here)'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching on Law and Order SVU Reply with quote

In Abbostford a cacher found a dead body feet from a cache was, they were looking for.

I want one of those Gps Units that keeps its signal under ground.. lol

So geocanuck77 when are you hidding a naked girl in a suitcase for us to find??? Alive thou.....man some guys would be fighting for FTF then for sure.
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching on Law and Order SVU Reply with quote

OK, doesn't anyone see a hint of truth in the portrayal of the characters? **snarfle** I laughed so hard I almost broke a rib.

The one thing I'm not happy with is the portrayal of geocaching itself. The locations depicted are highly illegal. Since the stock exchange bell is rung every 24 hours I doubt a cache hidden there would last long. Although there were five spots on the logbook shown there was a strong inference to the cache not being permanent.

But this is just prime time TV. Judging from the one take acting I don't think there is a highly developed research department on the show. I've seen respected news anchors get facts wrong so I wont loose sleep over this.

The worst case scenario is an underground geocaching movement that actually geocaches like this.
Oliverthenakedbear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching on Law and Order SVU Reply with quote

I just want to know if this show will spawn some new nicknames like Master B8ter. Coonskin Hat
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching on Law and Order SVU Reply with quote

NO! I'M going to be FTF! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Geocaching on Law and Order SVU Reply with quote

Nice one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching on Law and Order SVU Reply with quote

Well as usual those of us that aren't up to speed in the tech industry miss out on everything. I tried to tape the episode of L&O SVU and ended up with the wrong episode. What is the correct name of the geocaching episode? I tried to watch the show on line from the link but I had to restart the download every 4 seconds (gave up on that) . Any help would be great!!
savant9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching on Law and Order SVU Reply with quote

mountainsideman wrote:
...... What is the correct name of the geocaching episode? .....

It is season 11 episode 2 titled "Sugar"
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1