CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Lowerance iFinder uploading data
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Mount Sheba
Mount Sheba:  [?] . Reminiscent of the temples of Egypt and Persia, the exotic landscape beckoned early pioneers to name the peak Mount Sheba. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Lowerance iFinder uploading data
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Lowerance iFinder uploading data
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chilcotinsam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Lowerance iFinder uploading data Reply with quote

Trying to figure this out. I have done the PQ's and downloaded into GSAK and seem to have the correct format for my Lowerance iFinder which is usr files. I put these on the SD card, but they don't show up when I turn the GPSr on. I tried reading the manual and looking through all the menus. I can get to the MMC files but not past that. I have BC/Alberta map on there and then the 2 other usr files which were the pocket queries but how to get the info out?? Hopefully someone will have some suggestions. If all else fails, info is on my PDA but thats a little time consuming to be looking at several gadgets at a time! Help!
Chilcotinsam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Lowerance iFinder uploading data Reply with quote

Ok I think I have managed to figure it out somehow. One problem still remains though. It shows only the GC number on the map on the GPSr it does not show the actual cache name so that makes things a little difficult.
To correct that would there be some setting on my GPSr that is not right or was it something that I need to change in GSAK? I don't think its GSAK because all the info uploaded okay to my palm. Any ideas? The manuals are't really that user friendly.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Lowerance iFinder uploading data Reply with quote

When exporting from GSAK where its says 'Waypoint Name' change the value to %smart
That will compress the name of the cache into something recognizable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1