CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» "The Night Of the Living Cache" by Abbey
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
A Happy Sea Lion
A Happy Sea Lion:  [?] . Seen on shorelines all over BC, and under the waves too. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» "The Night Of the Living Cache" by Abbey
toplefttopfilltopright
"The Night Of the Living Cache" by Abbey
Topics will be autocreated here when someone clicks on the "start the discussion" links in news items.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
i_8abug4_dinr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: "The Night Of the Living Cache" by Abbey Reply with quote

My dad has a crazy idea of fun. So of course I wasn’t surprised when he told me at midnight we were going caching. But before I get to that let me tell you a little about myself. Hi my name is Abbey Goertzen, I'm 12 years old and in grade 8. My family started geocaching on March this year. But believe me when I say it seems so much longer. I have two younger brothers and one crazy awesome mom, and of course my dad. All together we are probably the most eccentric bunch you will ever meet. So you can imagine I agreed right away to my dad’s proposal. We set out at 12:10, with nothing short of making at least one ftf in mind. We zipped out to the “Who Likes Nintendo” cache in which we found right away. “Please let it be a first to find, please let it be a first to find…” my dad whispered anxiously as he flipped open the book. “YES!” we both cheered triumphantly. After that success we were both pretty happy, so we took a moment to gaze at the stars. They were the biggest and brightest I had seen them all year. But then my dad broke the silence by saying he had another cache he would like to find. “Awww, I just want to stay here forever…” but of course my dad had other ideas. We arrived at the “Disco Cache” at 12:30, which I still have a hard time believing it was a disco club. It looks more like a set for a haunted house. All my dad had time to do was drop a coin in before I was gone. Luckily the truck wasn’t far away. At 12:47 we arrived at the “Rambo 3’s Swamp Monster Night Cache.” Which I steadily said no way to, but I had no choice. Walking Up the gravel road, I began to wonder why it was called swamp monster. “Is it too late to turn back now?” I asked my dad. “Hahah, WAYY too late.” He insisted. We followed the orange markers up the road until they stopped. “Where’s the next one?” I smirked. “Maybe there isn’t, let’s turn back…” I began, “Found it!” my dad proclaimed. “Oh Jeez” I groaned when I looked into the forest. “I wish we could stick to the road” I complained. Which was where” The Night of the Living Cache” began.

“Are you sure we should go in there?” I gulped. My dad just grabbed my arm and led me into the forest as an answer. Sometimes I wonder if my dad’s motto is don’t think, just act. Unfortunately, we had to literally plunge into the forest. That’s how thick it was! And I was wearing my brand new *****u lemon hoodie, no way was I putting up with this! “Dad I think I will turn back…”, I let go of my dads arm for one second. A move I instantly regretted. I almost fell flat on my face. “Never Mind” I said in a squeak. This was getting to be too much for my tired brain to handle, my thought sequence went a little like this. *****u lemon hoodie, bush whacking, animals, scared. That was when we burst out of the bush, we followed the gps to the coordinates and found the cache. After a little of looking, I shamefully admit. When we turned around to look for more stickers to lead us back, guess what we found. Nothing. I was now on the verge of panic. “Dad, I hear animals in the forest, I am freezing cold, and there are no stickers” I croaked. So my dad made the best choice of action. We ran straight through the bush. Well, we didn’t actually run, more like stumbled actually. After about 20 minutes we found our way back to the road. Another 7 minutes we were at the truck. And yet another 15 minutes we were at Mc Donald’s celebrating our victory. After that , we arrived home at the stunning time of 1:56 in the morning. Which was when I happily collapsed in bed, with a full stomach, a smile on my face, and a lust for more adventure.

If I had my way, everyone would be driving energy efficient cars or walking. But the world has its own idea. So some of the best ways to stop green house gas emissions is to take a bus, use an energy efficient car, or walk. This way, we can begin to help everyone support a green way of living. For example, if you pass someone on the road, give them a ride. Or travel in big groups so you don’t have to use so many vehicles. And at home, if you don’t need the light on, don’t leave it on. It’s as simple as that. Go Green.

I just want to say thank you to my dad for the great adventure. And also I want you to know I had no adult help in the writing of this essay. Other than my dad told me what the caches were called. Thank you for reading!   full article.
i_8abug4_dinr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Night Of the Living Cache" by Abbey Reply with quote

Hi this is Abbey! The * is supposed to be Lu Lu Lemon... Sorry!! Smack
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions
Page 1 of 1