CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
K'san
K'san:  [?] . K'san, located on the site of the ancient village, celebrates the culture of the Gitanmaax Nation. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA
toplefttopfilltopright
Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
landsharkz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

As many of you know that the BCGA is working on a project that involves the BCGA, Project BlueSky and BC Parks.

The BCGA pins, as well as coins swag and some surprises will be in the caches.

We've had a group of volunteers hiding caches across BC in anticipation for the upcoming release of this initiative. However we've had to play a bit of a waiting game for the release while BC's Public Affairs Bureau juggled schedules of dignitaries for a high profile release.

The release date will be between one and two weeks from now... keep an eye on geocaching.com and the BCGA cache listing for the cache releases. Look for "Blue Sky" caches coming soon!

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. Thanks so very much to everyone (lots of you) that have helped bring this together.
zanadian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

I was wondering what happened to project Blue Sky.
Thanks for the update, Chris.
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

Lookin' forward to it!!
vanislelady

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

As a hider I am on pins and needles until tomorrow...(and no you cannot email me and ask where they are LOL ) Jester
wildbeanz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

GEOTREK - or as we all know it Project Blue Sky

Official Announcement out .....
www2.news.gov.bc.ca/ne...000373.htm

...... now just waiting for the caches to be published!
Remember folks, the spirit of the game, one coin per geocacher (please don't grab one for everyone in your family unless they are active cachers)
Let's show the new cachers in the province what great folks we all are !

B.C. LAUNCHES “GREEN” GEOCACHING EXPERIENCE

VICTORIA – The Ministry of Environment, the British Columbia Geocaching Association (BCGA) and Project Blue Sky are teaming up to launch a fun and environmentally friendly geocaching game to encourage provincial parks visits and celebrate the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.

“This is an excellent opportunity to get outside and enjoy the adventure of geocaching, while experiencing our amazing network of BC Parks,” said Environment Minister Barry Penner. “It’s an exciting game that’s catching on all over the world and I am delighted to launch this geocaching innovation right here in B.C.”

GeoTrek 2009 is a fun way to reduce carbon emissions and discover B.C.’s parks at the same time. One hundred caches will be placed in secret locations across the province for geocachers to discover. Approximately 50 caches will be hidden in BC Parks locations, and the other half will be hidden in urban locations. The GeoTrek 2009 geocache containers will be filled with special tokens, such as pins and collectible coins. Tokens will be from BC Parks, Project Blue Sky and the BCGA.

Geocaching has become a popular outdoor treasure-hunting game enjoyed throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with Global Positioning System (GPS) units. Geocachers search for and locate hidden containers called geocaches and then share their experiences online.

Participants are encouraged to enter their information on the Project Blue Sky website (www.projectbluesky.ca) to show how they reduced their carbon footprint by using green transportation methods to find the geocaches. Project Blue Sky, which was launched by Canada’s Olympic and Paralympic athletes and students from the Centre for Digital Media in Vancouver, uses the latest in online digital tools to motivate people to take steps to fight climate change through increased physical activity and sustainable travel. Project Blue Sky’s ultimate goal is to collect one billion kilometres worth of carbon-cutting contributions before March 2010.

“Geocaching is all about getting outside and exploring the world around you through a fun and healthy activity – all the more healthy if we have clean air to breathe,” said BCGA president Chris Edley. “We are proud to partner with BC Parks and Project Blue Sky to share the values of healthy living and clean air with British Columbians."

Geocachers can find co-ordinates for the caches from the BCGA’s website (www.bcgeocaching.com) or they can link up to the BCGA website through BC Parks website (www.bcparks.ca). Geocachers are encouraged to view the BC Parks geocaching policy to ensure their participation occurs in a manner that respects the natural values of B.C.’s provincial parks.

Since 2001 the B.C. government has established 57 new parks, 143 conservancies, one ecological reserve and nine protected areas, and expanded more than 50 parks and six ecological reserves – protecting more than 1.9 million hectares of additional land.

Today, more than 14 per cent (or 13.5 million hectares) of British Columbia is protected – more than any other province in Canada.

Over the past five years, the B.C. government has invested approximately $107 million to improve park infrastructure and acquire additional parkland.
wildbeanz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

Also on the BC Parks Page

www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcpa...cache.html
phatbennyb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

How come the lauch date wasn't published ahead of time so people could go? Or even made into an event (like last year). I've been watching the forums and No date was announced untill the day of..... Very dissapointing.
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

I am glad that the BCGA and BC parks are getting along so well; I think this can be only a good thing for geocaching.

That said, I have to express my disappointment that for a second year in a row, the Alberni Valley and all points west have been overlooked for cache placement. We are host to at least one large BC Park at Sproat Lake, we have a very active caching community, and yet we have to drive over the hump and to the east coast of the island to find one of these caches. As much as we would like to hike, bike or take transit to a cache, a 50km drive is our only option if we want to participate.

I know that you can't please everyone all the time, but that does not negate the fact that a significant caching area and community is being over looked. Please consider expanding the scope of cache placement if there is another co-operative effort - we have blue skies out here too, and we want to play without leaving too large a carbon foot print.
landsharkz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

phatbennyb wrote:
How come the lauch date wasn't published ahead of time so people could go? Or even made into an event (like last year). I've been watching the forums and No date was announced untill the day of..... Very dissapointing.

Hi, last year the event was published because BC Parks knew more then two weeks in advance when the launch would be. This year, that was not the case. A speculated date was known, but they were not even sure where it would be. The date time was confirmed WAY too late to make it an event.

So why was it not announced here? Because ministerial events like this are not published ahead of time. Last year we broke the rules... we were told not to publish it ahead of time and we did as an event. This year we followed the rules and did not. Sorry... Even the press only got the news the day-of.

We have to play by some funny rules with political involvement... sorry it is the way it is.
landsharkz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

Hi DIOS... I had to keep one cache back to plant for the minister to find at the event... now I have to place it... and I'm going to be near you guys this weekend... Hmmm what should I do with this cache Smile
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

I'd just like to thank the BCGA and the volunteers for this project. I have to say I'm very impressed with the caches themselves. Good swag. The BCGA pins are my personal favourite. **glancing skyward and whistling innocently**

Working for the BCGA in the past, I know exactly how much background work is involved. Many people, a few organizations and government interaction is involved. Email is flying for several months. And there are definite rules when working with the government.

It goes beyond that. It has taken years to acquire a working relationship with BC parks. At a time when Ontario Parks banned geocaching, geocachers of BC should acknowledge that we truly have it good. BC Parks actually sponsors geocaching. And much of our fortunes are due to behind the scenes work.

To my knowledge, BC is the only province that has tourism boards and the government working directly with the provincial geocaching association. At least at this scope.

So thanks the BCGA directors and volunteers for everything they've done to bring another major project for us to enjoy.
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

landsharkz wrote:
Hi DIOS... I had to keep one cache back to plant for the minister to find at the event... now I have to place it... and I'm going to be near you guys this weekend... Hmmm what should I do with this cache Smile

Thank you for a positive response, and may I offer our services as hiders or, if you guys are going to hide it, I look forward to finding it as part of a carpool (to keep the carbon footprint down) Smile

I really did not want to throw a wet blanket on the project; I have an idea how much work goes into these things, and I certainly know you can't please everyone all the time. I do think that our area is certainly ready to join the others represented, and will help anyway I can.
redi3frog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

I am kind of disappointed that there are no BlueSky caches to speak of yet in the south Okanagan area. (I don't know if there are caches yet to be posted.) I Was hoping that i would not have to DRIVE for 2 hours to get to the nearest one to me here in Penticton. Last year there were 3 with in a 20 minute drive of here. This year there is nothing. Why were we missed? Crying or Very sad
phatbennyb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

landsharkz wrote:

So why was it not announced here? Because ministerial events like this are not published ahead of time. Last year we broke the rules... we were told not to publish it ahead of time and we did as an event. This year we followed the rules and did not. Sorry... Even the press only got the news the day-of.

We have to play by some funny rules with political involvement... sorry it is the way it is.

Fair enough.
I appreciate the "funny rules" senario, I've had to deal with some in the past myself. I also didn't know that you were not supposed to publish the info ahead of time(Thank you for last year then!)

And I also appreciate all the work that goes into a project like this, it's no small task.
chrisoutdoors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who had a hand in organizing these caches, what could be better than great new caches with great new swag! Picked a beautiful coin in a before-work cache run. What could be better!? Not going to work afterwards I guess...
Sliverboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

I noticed one of the Blue Sky caches is a member only cache, and was wondering what the reason would be for this. GC1XV3J

I would think that the Blue Sky caches that are being done in conjunction with the BC Govt would be available to all cachers. Especially for a new cacher who finds out about these caches through the Blue Sky or Govt web pages.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

Sliverboy wrote:
I noticed one of the Blue Sky caches is a member only cache, and was wondering what the reason would be for this. GC1XV3J

I would think that the Blue Sky caches that are being done in conjunction with the BC Govt would be available to all cachers. Especially for a new cacher who finds out about these caches through the Blue Sky or Govt web pages.

That's my cache. There are no guidelines on that issue. It was just a personal choice.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

Thank you to everyone who has said thank you. We've tried our best to cover all over, but the province starts getting pretty big when you start looking for volunteers in every region.

One way to help cover all regions... if you feel your area was under-represented (or not), then next year, make yourself known to the new exec and let them know that if there is anything coming up, that you'd like to help in your area.

Thanks.
zanadian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

I'd like to add my thanks too. I think it's great that BC Parks and the BCGA join forces to hide caches, not just any caches, but caches with incredible swag. I agree with Scruffster, us geocachers really have it good in ths province. Thanks again to everyone that helped to organize the Project Blue Sky geocaches.
savant9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

Anyone know what the deal is with this "BlueSky" cache in Australia???

www.geocaching.com/see...bcd13a3997

Using the same text and graphic and published the same day as the others.
Xtremeskier1978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

That is incredibly weird.
wildbeanz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

Hey Folks
There are a couple more (at least) caches that have not been published yet !
A few were held back so folks keep an eye out - more to come !

There are also caches in the United States and Europe that are part of this project as well as the Australia one.
landsharkz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

There are five Blue Sky caches placed internationally... as part of the request and funding from BC Parks and Blue Sky. They are located in Utah, New Jersey, Portugal, UK and Australia. The purpose is to spread the word a little about what is happening in BC with regards to caching, the environment etc etc.
savant9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

Ahhh...ok. Very nice.
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

doingitoldschool wrote:
I am glad that the BCGA and BC parks are getting along so well; I think this can be only a good thing for geocaching.

That said, I have to express my disappointment that for a second year in a row, the Alberni Valley and all points west have been overlooked for cache placement. We are host to at least one large BC Park at Sproat Lake, we have a very active caching community, and yet we have to drive over the hump and to the east coast of the island to find one of these caches. As much as we would like to hike, bike or take transit to a cache, a 50km drive is our only option if we want to participate.

I know that you can't please everyone all the time, but that does not negate the fact that a significant caching area and community is being over looked. Please consider expanding the scope of cache placement if there is another co-operative effort - we have blue skies out here too, and we want to play without leaving too large a carbon foot print.

Since I publicly complained about not having a cache in our valley, I thought it only fair to publicly commend the Blue Skies team for placing one when they had the opportunity.You guys really acted with class by taking my thoughts and acting on them rather than getting defensive. You didn't have to bring one here,but we sure are glad you did!! And boy, you knocked it out of the park - it is a beautiful trial to the cache, and a perfect park to show off!

Last edited by doingitoldschool on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

landsharkz wrote:
Thank you to everyone who has said thank you. We've tried our best to cover all over, but the province starts getting pretty big when you start looking for volunteers in every region.

One way to help cover all regions... if you feel your area was under-represented (or not), then next year, make yourself known to the new exec and let them know that if there is anything coming up, that you'd like to help in your area.

Thanks.

Whaddaya mean, the new exec? You guys better not be thinking of trying to go anywhere?!?!? And, just to get us on the list, here is our offer to help next year, right where you can quote us on it Smile

And, in case I didn't make it clear, THANKS!!!
Stampcoin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

Yes, to copy everything that doingitoldschool said, i will help out next year if you need it.
I'm in Salmon Arm, Shuswap Region. Not sure who to talk otherwise...

And thanks for all the new caches, cool coins and swag!
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

I like the international aspect of this project. Cool idea to promote geocaching in British Columbia around the world.
landsharkz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

A quick note about the kids ipod give-away for a story... We still have some ipods to send out to kids. I'm thinking that the cards that were in the caches may have been taken (we didn't say to leave them). I have sent some re-stocking supplies to our hiders and a new card describing the give-away is included. Please leave the cards in the caches if you see them there. If you have a card, please share with other caching families that have kids.

The first batch of ipods went out today to the kids that submitted stories to our website. We have a total of 30 and have 13 left. Please take the time to read the stories... they are a lot of fun. My favorite suggested way to reduce a carbon footprint is to stop bathing! Hmmmmm if we all did that, we might start to smell like skkkkkkk... like smelly things.
Xtremeskier1978

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

My son Trevor received his new Ipod today and he was extremely excited about getting treasure in the mail. Now he's bugging his mom to load it with songs which gives me the opportunity to get out and go caching...nice!!!! Thanks again for this great series of caches...can't wait to find some more of them in my travels.
HuggyFamily

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

Huggy Jr. got his iPod in the mail today - and it's his birthday! Thanks for getting them out so quickly and for the contest. Sean is thrilled!

Mr. Huggy.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

Just a reminder that the submissions are to include both a geocaching related story, as well as what you are doing to be green, and reduce carbon emissions. Bluesky is a sponser, and this is about bringing awareness to climate change.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

savant9 wrote:
Anyone know what the deal is with this "BlueSky" cache in Australia???

www.geocaching.com/see...bcd13a3997

Using the same text and graphic and published the same day as the others.

What I find "weirder", knowing now that these international caches were placed to raise our profile, is that not one of the finders has noted the BC connection. You can bet that if the Aussies were hiding caches here we'd pick up on that!

Please note - this is just an observation, nothing more. I think the international placement was a great and fun idea.
landsharkz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

Rather than start a new thread... I think this is as good a place as any to post a rely to Turtles request for information about the Bluesky funding...

This project was funded to the tune of $20,000, a little over half of which was spent on the implementation… coins, ipods, cache containers and swag, etc. Left over funds (there are still a few outstanding expenses) are for the BCGA's use. Although not explicitly stated in the contract, the BCGA is expected to use these funds in the spirit of the project, that is to promote environmental sustainability and/or partnerships with government and NGOs through the BCGA's geocaching initiatives. We have received half of the funds so far ($10k), the other half to come upon completion... which we are close to.

Although managed in conjunction with BC Parks, the funds have come from Project Bluesky which is a provincially sanctioned partnership of the Canadian Olympic Team and the Masters of Digital Media Program (a collaborative university Program supported by UBC, SFU, Emily Carr and BCIT).

The accounting of all the expediters related to this project (and all BCGA financial activities) will be made available to members, but not the general public through these forums. The Bluesky accounting will be one component of the financial report for this year will be presented at the upcoming AGM. As always, there will be a motion to accept the financial reports and once accepted, they will become part of the minutes posted after the meeting.

As with many government activities that involve ministerial announcements, there is quite a cloak of quietness that surrounds projects like this up to the point that it is released. This is imposed upon the participants by BC's Public Affairs Bureau. The BCGA directors have nothing to hide, but we have not yet completed the transactions associated with this project. As mentioned above, we will report on it fully at the AGM and anyone that can not make it there will be able to view it in the minutes posted afterward.

From my point of view… here is one of the things that this initiative is about…

For the second year running, Geocaching in BC is officially and publicly supported and sanctioned by the BC Government. Barry Penner, Minister of Environment and one of BC's Cabinet ministers, announced and participated in the launch of the initiative. It is promoted as a good healthy, family friendly activity to be supported in BC Parks. That means that when municipal park authorities and local politicians are trying to wrap their heads around geocaching in their parks, they have an influence and role model to look to at the highest level of government in BC. We have a model of geocaching support that other jurisdictions envy and attempt to copy. Check out this link: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/pac/photos/bpenner/2009/geocaching/

Also, besides a bunch of cool new caches across (as much as could) of BC, when all is said and done the BCGA will have a little nest egg of funds to continue with initiatives of a similar theme.

Chris
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

Thank you for a very clear and open presentation - understood every word, and when you think that other jurisdictions are fighting to keep caches in parks, the fact that we have government funding coming in is incredible!
landsharkz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

Thanks DIOS... I noticed a typo in my note above. "The accounting of all the expediters related to this project" should read: "The accounting of all the expenses related to this project ".

Chris
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

doingitoldschool wrote:
doingitoldschool wrote:

Since I publicly complained about not having a cache in our valley, I thought it only fair to publicly commend the Blue Skies team for placing one when they had the opportunity.You guys really acted with class by taking my thoughts and acting on them rather than getting defensive. You didn't have to bring one here,but we sure are glad you did!! And boy, you knocked it out of the park - it is a beautiful trial to the cache, and a perfect park to show off!

DIOS, as you know Chris and I love a caching challenge and so bringing the last Project BlueSky cache to your neck of the woods was a no-brainer - we would have made the trip from here if we had to, but the McLean Mill event made it even easier.

That trail is called something like 'Long Trail on the River' on the new map signs that we had recently delivered to the client in your Parks region but it sounds like the locals call it Fisherman's Trail. The new signs are installed at the lower area by the parking in the big kiosk if you want to see if there are other 'new to you' trails in Stamp River Prov. Pk to explore.

Crikey, we sure saw a lot of fresh 'scat' though and well worn weaving trails from the path to the beach that were obviously made by the local bear(s). If you want bear sightings that beach nearby is probably a daily jaunt by the looks of it!
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

IMO, this should be in it's own thread.

What is left before completion of the requirement of the contract? And after completion of those requirements how long before the outstanding funds are to be paid.

Could it be possible that the new Board of Directors could be responsible for:
A) Fulfilling of the contract requirements
B) Following up on recieving the funds

As well, can we please recieve a copy of the contract, breakdown of the costs and can the the "official" copies of any quotes recieved for the event, as well as the checks register be brought to the AGM for the members to be reviewed.

I do know that we will be recieving a "statement of accounting", but would like to review this. From what I hear through the grapevine these are not only my thoughts.
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

Tulameen_Turtles wrote:
IMO, this should be in it's own thread.

What is left before completion of the requirement of the contract? And after completion of those requirements how long before the outstanding funds are to be paid.

Could it be possible that the new Board of Directors could be responsible for:
A) Fulfilling of the contract requirements
B) Following up on recieving the funds

As well, can we please recieve a copy of the contract, breakdown of the costs and can the the "official" copies of any quotes recieved for the event, as well as the checks register be brought to the AGM for the members to be reviewed.

I do know that we will be recieving a "statement of accounting", but would like to review this. From what I hear through the grapevine these are not only my thoughts.

IMO, this attempt to publicly audit the Project Bluesky project can be kept to emails, instead of posting here. If you want a real audit, ask for one. It would be done by a third party, an objective outsider, and paid for by the person asking. Can you squeeze enough grapes on your mysterious grapevine to pay for the services of an auditor?
msthebrain and pinky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Project Blue Sky, BC Parks and BCGA Reply with quote

I would think most BCGA members as well as directors would like to see a clear open accounting of the blue sky project. There should be no need to squeeze any grapes. Whats to hide?

Brain
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 2